This off season free agents

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dad from Roseanne

"Now my front hurts…"

vincent jackson, cortland finnegan and kyle orton.

Did you say Kyle Orton?

The Colts have very limited resources at this point. They are a small market team stretched by massive stadium debt and massive contracts. If they've got to pay a #1 on top of Manning, Freeney, and the rest of the big contracts they've got, in addition to paying down a high amount of team debt, their ability to dish out a big contract to one guy when the team has numerous holes, is too, limited.

I believe Jeff Saturday is also a priority re-signing. And yes, I read recently that the Colts had less cap room than any other team.

Skimming the list of free agents, two that jump out at me are outside linebackers Ahmad Brooks and Quentin Groves.

Neither is a premier pass rusher but both of them are considerably better in pass rush than anyone on the Bills and neither shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

Cliff Avril DE, Robert Meachem WR, Michael Bush RB, are my favorites of players I think the Bills could actually get.

This is a good list.

Bush would be a nice 4th quarter thumper, Meachem stretches the field even when he's not catching the ball and Avril is a better pass rusher than anyone the Bills have.

There's a difference between being "broke" and being over the cap, but I digress.

Anyway, the Colts owe Peyton a $28 million dollar bonus that kicks in before free agency, which they almost certainly will not pay. Manning will either retire or have his contract restructured. They will be able to keep Mathis, but I suspect that they are going to start shredding the older players to rebuild around Luck.

Maybe.....but why? Why do you shed the older players when you are breaking in a rookie QB? Gotta' put a rookie QB in the best position to succeed as possible.

Sure there is, but you don't think he's isn't the #1 priority for the Texans? I just don't think he'll make it to the free agent market.

Who knows? He finished the last two seasons on IR and they actually have played good defense without him.

your Top 3 free agents for the bill this off season. realistically brees being the franchise guy and foster being restricted is out of the question. mario williams is also out for now i would be shocked if he went anywhere.

free agents link

mine are

1.)Robert Mathis-would be a team turn around pick up. Colts are also broke..draft luck....trade manning to free up money...

2.)Dwayne Bowe-one of the things that i felt we needed this year the most on offense was that big go get it type of guy. i saw a little of it in nelson but bowe would be a great pick up especially if fitz continues to struggle with the deep ball.

3.)Dan Connor-good value pick that i could see the bills picking up to help out.

The biggest FA that the Bills need to focus are their own:

Steve Johnshon

Scott Chandler

Both have earned their money.

Mathis is a cover-2 DT/DE. Not sure how he fits this scheme...Another of those smallish-DL guys.

Bowe is to the Chief what Johnson is to the BIlls.. He is not going anywhere.

Didn't Connor play with Poz at PSU and came out the sam year? Also, isn't he a MLB. We need OLBs that can rush the passer. Pass.

conner played next to POZ at penn st. was drafted not that far behind.

we need Oline depth, possibly a starter.. 2 vets of D and FRIGGIN WR.. ill take any of the mid to big names, vincent or desean, meachem who can be a stud on a team that donest have 5 options to throw to, bowe etc.. any of those guys fits our needs , i dont care about off field problem. i would love desean and fix our draft mistake by taking hardy over him.. the kid is a legit playmaker and we already have size at WR.. the kid is the best downfield threat in league and even tho hes small, hes not like roscoe and is on IR for 3/4 of yr. and resign Freddy and Stevie

Thanks.

Don't get your hopes up for FA signings as Nixed has stated (told he has to) that we will build through the draft and only sign FAs if we absolutely have too like Barnett when Poz bolted.

this years free agency is a need year ,the draft hasnt but a few de 's .or tes with credibility...if i were targeting id look at calais campbell and paul solai for defense , but also see what happens with marques colston and jermichael finley!

!then draft linebackers this is the deepest draft for that position in years..

couple of things Buddy has said he will never sign free agents, by the way he has sign guys every year. Not the over pirced marque guys byt nice addtions. That said if he is ever going to be a player this will be the year, I can not imagine how hard it is for him to watch his outside linebackers ,they might be the worst unit of all untis in the league.