Gailey Press Conference

cage

Just got around to listening to Gailey's post-game press conference... it's worse listening to him grasping for explanations that watching the Bills on the field.

I'm just at a loss for figuring out how this team moves forward in a positive way. I can't recall a season that had such a promising first month, finish in such chaos. Yes, I know the Jauron 4-0 start, this easily down there with that?

In the first month I felt like we were 2-3 starters away, now we're easily 10-12 starters away from being anyone... just depressing

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got around to listening to Gailey's post-game press conference... it's worse listening to him grasping for explanations that watching the Bills on the field.

I'm just at a loss for figuring out how this team moves forward in a positive way. I can't recall a season that had such a promising first month, finish in such chaos. Yes, I know the Jauron 4-0 start, this easily down there with that?

In the first month I felt like we were 2-3 starters away, now we're easily 10-12 starters away from being anyone... just depressing

I don't think so. We are still 2-3 starters away including a starting DE, a starting LT and a starting OLB. It is more of an over-matched coaching situation.....Jeff Fisher....please...you can turn this around....I know you can.

No way.

We have a solid d-line rotation but a DC who doesn't have a friggin clue how to use them. Fix that, and watch the whole thing come back together.

No way.

We have a solid d-line rotation but a DC who doesn't have a friggin clue how to use them. Fix that, and watch the whole thing come back together.

Have you seen our DE's, outside LB's, and DB's play? It's going to a heck of alot more than simply changing the DC before this defense can stop anybody.

The thing that has changed the most over the course of the season is expectations.

The Bills were self-admittedly short on depth and with the injuries, that lack of talent has derailed the season.

Sports fans like ourselves always tend to overreact.

A team is never as good as they look and they're never as bad as they look.

But the hitting of the panic button and the calls to throw the baby out with the bathwater will be prevalent and recurring themes around here for the foreseeable future… and it's understandable.

I like Gailey. But I'm starting to wonder, how many times can his bosses hear him explain after a game that he "has no answers" for what just happened? This is a multi-million dollar franchise in a billion dollar entertainment conglomerate. I know it's the Bills we're talking about, and accountability generally is scarce, but still...

Have you seen our DE's, outside LB's, and DB's play? It's going to a heck of alot more than simply changing the DC before this defense can stop anybody.

The DB's are exposed by a lack of pass-rush. PERIOD.

We have no OLB on our roster, this is not news. Going into this season (on the strong side) we had Merriman and Merriman alone. I still don't know who the on-roster solution for the weakside is or ever was. Batten, perhaps, but he's apparently not showing much...

Our "DE's" (Carrington, Kelsay and Edwards) are the least of our worries.

As for Johnson and Kelsay @ OLB, have you seen them take a snap standing up yet? Didn't think so.

How many starters did Houston add from last year to this year? I know of Jonathan Joseph, a very good CB. Any others? They also switched from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and lost their best player (Mario Williams) to injury in week 5. Their D went from pathetic the last few years to basically elite this year. Our DC is either the worst in the league or very close. The D is not as far away as it seems. We have players, but they are not being given many opportunities to succeed due to their incompetent management.

The thing that has changed the most over the course of the season is expectations.

The Bills were self-admittedly short on depth and with the injuries, that lack of talent has derailed the season.

Sports fans like ourselves always tend to overreact.

A team is never as good as they look and they're never as bad as they look.

But the hitting of the panic button and the calls to throw the baby out with the bathwater will be prevalent and recurring themes around here for the foreseeable future… and it's understandable.

well put, SJBF.

well put.

jw

Why is it so hard to field a winning team in Buffalo?? For the love of God, can they find a coach and a good QB and stop this ****. I am getting to the point where I am not even watching the games anymore. 10-15 years of this crap, and I finally have snapped.

I like Gailey. But I'm starting to wonder, how many times can his bosses hear him explain after a game that he "has no answers" for what just happened? This is a multi-million dollar franchise in a billion dollar entertainment conglomerate. I know it's the Bills we're talking about, and accountability generally is scarce, but still...

How many times can he tell his boss that he has no answers? The owner himself hasn't had any answers in 12 years. Business as usual.

The devil was truly in the details of his explanation as to why the offense has stopped working. He stated that they are running the same offensive scheme that they did early in the year, the same plays. I am afraid that our problems begin there. We surprised the Eagles with a solid power running attack and play faked off of that. I just don't understand why McIntyre is not on the field more. You can still run 3 wide sets and still have Cory and CJ in the backfield at the same time with the ability to put CJ in motion. They keep using personnel groupings that don't allow for much diversity in either play selection or protection.

I haven't gotten to see our OLB's play because we have none. Those guys are DE'd playing out of position due to injury. When they play where they are supposed to, they actually play OK. Until around game 6 or 7 our D was creating turnovers and led the league in pts off of TO's. The DB's were ball hawking and tackling. The D line and Merriman were creating enough pressure to create these turnovers. What was missing though was OLB play once Merriman and Kelsay went down. We have good depth on the D line when Spencer and Carrintgon are not playing OLB. The way I see it, next year we'll be deep at Dline and DB's. We need help at OLB, bad. Hopefully Merriman will pan out after surgery to an achilles that luckily was strained and not torn. Same with Kyle. He says surgery went well and he has more flexability now than anytime since college. When healthy, this D is 2-3 players away from being a good one. Not dominant yet, but good.

:beer:

The devil was truly in the details of his explanation as to why the offense has stopped working. He stated that they are running the same offensive scheme that they did early in the year, the same plays...

This is exactly what I was going to say. His offense has been figured out and they are not making adjustments. Changing personnel and running the same plays is not an adjustment (I know the personnel change is primarily due to injuries). As others have stated, they are predictable to their opponents. They've been studied and other teams know what's coming their way.

Boy, I've heard this press conference for a few weeks in a row now. He's not even changing his press conferences. I could have wrote this script. Once again, predictable.

consistency

execution

don't have the answers

blah blah blah

I like Chan, I really do. I really hope he can find some answers and turn things around because I would like to see him in Buffalo for 10 years. I think Chan needs to step outside of himself for a bit and try some new things. As in, fire Edwards at season's end and change up his offense.

There was something said about Choice remembering the terminology from his college days with Chan and how it was the same terminology Chan is using now. Is that common? Serious question. Because if it's not, then Chan is really using some stale stuff and needs to broaden his horizon.

Oh well, there is always next year...probably more like 3 more years but whatever. I still watch...and b*tch and moan, lol.

There was something said about Choice remembering the terminology from his college days with Chan and how it was the same terminology Chan is using now. Is that common? Serious question. Because if it's not, then Chan is really using some stale stuff and needs to broaden his horizon.

Oh well, there is always next year...probably more like 3 more years but whatever. I still watch...and b*tch and moan, lol.

Choice is our best RB now and I wish he'd get more carries. Yesterday he had 1 run for 12 yards. He ran up the gut and picked his way through and then drug a few guys for the last 3 or 4. It was a Fred type run. Spiller would have gotten 2 on that play.

Just wait til next year Indeed.

I don't think so. We are still 2-3 starters away including a starting DE, a starting LT and a starting OLB. It is more of an over-matched coaching situation.....Jeff Fisher....please...you can turn this around....I know you can.

Agree totally... Kyle Williams, Dareus, Barnett and possibly George Wilson are the only solid starters on 'D'. Maybe Sheppard, but the jury's still out on him Everyone else is 2nd rate at best. Florence can be a nickel CB, so there's 6-7 needed starters right there.

On offense, we need 1 more legitimate OL, a WR and possibly still a TE.

So we're looking at at something like 10 starters that don't appear to be on this pathetic team at this point

Why is it so hard to field a winning team in Buffalo?? For the love of God, can they find a coach and a good QB and stop this ****. I am getting to the point where I am not even watching the games anymore. 10-15 years of this crap, and I finally have snapped.

Yeah, I'm feeling your pain too...

Gailey's press conferences are as predictable as his offensive playcalling.

If he runs the same plays in the same order against Miami that he ran in the last game.......against Miami, I'll be on that wagon to see him fired.