C'mon Ralph. Sell the Damn Team!

bmur66

Ralph must go in order for this team to become viable. If its in Buffalo so be it, if not then so be it. I would rather have them leave for greener pastures then be made to look like an idiot for caring for this sub-par excuse for an NFL franchise. I am over blaming the players. This fish rots from the head down. An owner who refuses to spend the necessary funds to compete with other franchises. We have no real gm, no real coaches, and no real attempt to get free agents necessary to be competitive. We are the laughing stock of the NFL and given my choice between that and no team- I will take no team.

I urge the worriers who think this team is going to leave to pull our a map and look. Where exactly is this team going to go- LA- nope, Toronto- nope, San Antonio _do you think Dallas and Houston would agree to that?

Western New York has supported this team well beyond what they deserve. If they think they could find a more loyal fan base somewhere else- go for it.

Ralph- please do the right thing, I would rather see you leave on your own as a statesman and pioneer than wait for you to pass, so a judge could oversee the sale of your baby.

Exactly.

I've always been a big person on "SUPPORTING" the team no matter what.

Lately, I've come to realize that I'm supporting nothing more than the name BUFFALO BILLS.

> Am I supporting the ownership? They could care less about the fans and people of Buffalo. Their concern is the bottom line, not fielding a winner. Ralph Wilson has been laughing all the way to the bank for 50 years and we continue to show up a the stadium for his pathetic product.

> Am I supporting the NFL? They don't care about the fans and hate that a team is still in Buffalo. Most of these billionaire owners would approve a move in 2 seconds flat if it meant adding more money to their pockets.

> Am I supporting the players? Again, these players are all about the money too. They don't care about the Buffalo community. When free agency hits, most of these guys promise to be on the first bus out of town (unless of course we pay them a massive contract).

Every year I buy NFL Sunday Ticket to watch the Bills games. I buy merchandise and occasionally fly to Buffalo to see a home game.

So basically, all this SUPPORT is going to people that are taking advantage of me for my money.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

I've always been a big person on "SUPPORTING" the team no matter what.

Lately, I've come to realize that I'm supporting nothing more than the name BUFFALO BILLS.

> Am I supporting the ownership? They could care less about the fans and people of Buffalo. Their concern is the bottom line, not fielding a winner. Ralph Wilson has been laughing all the way to the bank for 50 years and we continue to show up a the stadium for his pathetic product.

> Am I supporting the NFL? They don't care about the fans and hate that a team is still in Buffalo. Most of these billionaire owners would approve a move in 2 seconds flat if it meant adding more money to their pockets.

> Am I supporting the players? Again, these players are all about the money too. They don't care about the Buffalo community. When free agency hits, most of these guys promise to be on the first bus out of town (unless of course we pay them a massive contract).

Every year I buy NFL Sunday Ticket to watch the Bills games. I buy merchandise and occasionally fly to Buffalo to see a home game.

So basically, all this SUPPORT is going to people that are taking advantage of me for my money.

You've succinctly described the business model for all of professional sports. They create the illusion of loyalty and attachment to the fans and the city. And most critically, they get people to believe that somehow being a fan of a championship team increases their own self-worth. As year after year goes by I find myself caring less and less...

Only Ralph and a handful of people know exactly what will happen. Unless you are one of them, you have no idea what the "fact is."

Ralph has said exactly what will happen when he dies. The team will be auctioned and sold to the highest bidder. Why do people think there is some secret plan in place.

He has run this franchise into the ground with his cheap coaching and management hires.

They are likely to leave after he dies.

Ralph has said exactly what will happen when he dies. The team will be auctioned and sold to the highest bidder. Why do people think there is some secret plan in place.

He has run this franchise into the ground with his cheap coaching and management hires.

Actually Ralph has only stated that the team will NOT be sold before his death. The rest has been theorized by people in the media and financial pundits. The big headache has ALWAYS been the incredible amount of Capital Gains Ralph would have to pay upon selling the team. He cannot afford to sell without liquidating other assets to pay for the Capital gains Taxes.... something he has said he will not do. He has also stated that his children have no interest in taking over the team and thus inferring the team will be sold. (No auction mentioned - but pundits expect this) Ralph has tried to run the Bills as a zero sum gain organization for the most part with profitability barely being acceptable compared to league averages. 'Ralph is CHEAP' is the old mantra, but I think 'Ralph is frugal' is more accurate in description. The sad part is, that he may be leveraging the price of the team not to increase his estates value, but to reduce its tax liability.

Edited by UticaBill

Actually Ralph has only stated that the team will NOT be sold before his death. The rest has been theorized by people in the media and financial pundits. The big headache has ALWAYS been the incredible amount of Capital Gains Ralph would have to pay upon selling the team. He cannot afford to sell without liquidating other assets to pay for the Capital gains Taxes.... something he has said he will not do. He has also stated that his children have no interest in taking over the team and thus inferring the team will be sold. (No auction mentioned - but pundits expect this) Ralph has tried to run the Bills as a zero sum gain organization for the most part with profitability barely being acceptable compared to league averages. 'Ralph is CHEAP' is the old mantra, but I think 'Ralph is frugal' is more accurate in description. The sad part is, that he may be leveraging the price of the team not to increase his estates value, but to reduce its tax liability.

Makes sense. I also did not think I would ever say this but I would rather see the team move then watch this crap week in & week out. It is like the Bills are not even part of the league anymore. Look at all the undrafted players we have playing prominent roles on this team. We have an Ivy League QB as our starter & 280 pound linemen trying to play LBs. Wilson really should be ashamed of himself for holding onto the team for so long. I would be surprised to see even 1 game sell out next year. Fans around here I think have finally met their boiling point. I dropped my season tickets this year & I could not be happier. Wilson does not deserve any of our money & when Buddy Nix said when he first got hired he has never been the smartest person in the room he wasn't kidding.

Edited by Gordio

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I've finally come to that point. If we can't put together a front office committed to winning, I would rather the team just move and get it over with.

I've been watching this team for over 30 years. I'm tired of holding out the slim hope that someday we win a Super Bowl, knowing in the back of my mind that it will never happen.

I'm tired of watching other "small market" teams like the Pittsburgh Steelers dominate year in and year out, while our front office makes excuses for not aggressively assembling a winner.

I'm tired of worrying whether the team will move, knowing that most of the NFL hates Buffalo (including Wilson), coaches don't want to come here, free agents don't want to sign here and our own players don't want to stay.

I'm tired of the reaction I get every time someone finds out I'm a Bills fan (I've lived in Philadelphia and St. Louis most of my life).

I'm tired of getting absolutely NO enjoyment out of my Sunday afternoon. Even early in the season, I couldn't completely enjoy it...because I knew the collapse was coming.

I'm tired of the bad draft picks, the ridiculous ways this team finds to lose games, the terrible coaching decisions, etc.

I started going to a new church and enjoying family activities instead. You wont miss the billshit, go out and enjoy your life beyond the bills and football.

No, Ralph has never said that. If you can find where he did, please enlighten us. All that has been said is that the team will not be owned by his wife or daughters.

Schopp finally said it And he is said it with emotion. "Ralph Wilson, PLEASE LEAVE"! This is the first time I have ever heard ANYONE after all these years say it publicly the way I have always wanted to say it. I know many of you don't like the guy but you know what, he said it perfectly. It is not good enough to just think, oh well, nothing we can do. Wilson has made a ton of money off of US and it's time to get the hell out of the game NOW.

Schopp finally said it And he is said it with emotion. "Ralph Wilson, PLEASE LEAVE"! This is the first time I have ever heard ANYONE after all these years say it publicly the way I have always wanted to say it. I know many of you don't like the guy but you know what, he said it perfectly. It is not good enough to just think, oh well, nothing we can do. Wilson has made a ton of money off of US and it's time to get the hell out of the game NOW.

i hate to agree with schopp also, but unless wilson comes through with a succession plan, then screw him.. the team.. i have had enough. the abuse of the populace of buffalo has gone on too long. i am an original, so i am not offering up these words lightly. i was there in 1960 as a kid, never been a basher of the team per se, wilson, yes.. but this is it for me and i say that because throughout, i have been afraid of them leaving, but, i honestly have had it. the last few weeks of this nonsense has jarred me , but it did take me 51 years to get to this point..

Edited by dwight in philly

I don't have to pay those taxes that Ralph's business creates (stadium improvements etc), but I feel sorry for those who do.

What a slap in the face to New York and Erie County taxpayers to shell out part of their hard-earned to that Detroit vulture.

I love the Bills but don't give them my money; if I had to, that would be very hard to swallow, given all these recent years of failure and Wilson's continued and increasing distance from fans.

It is a disgrace that he holds onto this football team. whether it saves his family money after his death or not. The Bills belong to the people of Buffalo, not that Detroit absentee owner. I would hope the NFL understands this.

Unless Wilson passes away it must come to the point where fans are willing and UNITED in boycotting the team if onwership doesn't own up to its responsibilities. I was so perterbed when Russ Brandon reacted the way he did to the notion of Ralph buying out the remaining tickets to the Titans game - there was a lot of judgement in his tone; as if the Fans were behaving badly in WNY, as if the FANS didn't deserve the team because they weren't buying out the stadium, as if they expected Ralph to pony up and He, Ross Brandon, had to be the Wise Parent and give the Fans some tough love. What a load of crap! Man! The Fans have been paying for this poor excuse for a team for over 50 years, and what has ownership done in return? Brandon acted as if it was common knowledge that an NFL team is meant to generate profit - that it DOESN'T OWE ANYTHING TO THE FANS - and that is the real source of the problem here in WNY.

The Buffal Bills do owe the Fans! This organization has been using the excuse of a small market choke hold for as long as I can remember - but, the truth is (although our owner will never give reality a chance to confirm this) that the fans will be there to give all the support that is necessary for profits if the team is a good one! A winning organization - think of this, now - A SUPER BOWL win from the Buffalo Bills? There would be fans all across the globe celebrating. The Bills have become the Redsoxs of Football, only they don't deserve to win - and that is the ugly truth. Why should we win with half the investment? All that would do is give Wilson a reason to have a smug I-told-you-so smile on his face when he passes on, while all the good owners are doing all they can, and spending a boatload more, to try and get a winner.

No, if the Bills organization is run this way, it is up to the Fans to stop supporting it. If Wilson's argument is that he will sell the team - then so be it. Every intelligent sports fan across the country knows what is happening here. As long as the tickets sell, as long as it isn't a weekly news that the Bills stadium once more didn't sell out - as long as the facade of All-Is-Well is continuing, no one talks openly about how Ralph has run this team into the ground. But, if people stopped going, if every one gave up on the team - who really thinks people would say, Look at those Bills Fans - look what they did to poor ol' Ralph Wilson. No. They'd be forced to admit that the game is over with his frugal, penny pinching ways. That depression era, backyard football mentality to running a team doesn't work. And we, the Fans, deserve more. As far as I'm concerned - I'd rather see the Bills run properly elsewhere than see them run to the ground here - where it's gotten so bad that we are not even taken seriously anymore by anyone in the N.F.L -not players, coaches, analysts - no one. That sucks.

Any way you could email this to the bills front office,ie:russ brandon and the other usual suspects.i say boycott next season starting with the opener...

Owner Ralph Wilson's position has never changed — the team will go to the highest bidder after he dies. While he has expressed his desire for the Bills to stay in Buffalo, it will be "out of his hands."

If you get 800 mil cash and the tax is 50%, you pay 400 mil cash for the tax and you have your 400 mil left over. Did I miss something here? Why does RW heirs have to sell something?

If you get 800 mil cash and the tax is 50%, you pay 400 mil cash for the tax and you have your 400 mil left over. Did I miss something here? Why does RW heirs have to sell something?

And then when he dies, his heir pay 50% tax on the 400 million they inherited, leaving them with a measley 200 million.

Owner Ralph Wilson's position has never changed — the team will go to the highest bidder after he dies. While he has expressed his desire for the Bills to stay in Buffalo, it will be "out of his hands."

Again, please enlighten us to when Ralph actually said that. The team will be sold, that is all that's been said.

This kinda destroys that argument of "profitability barely being acceptable compared to league averages."

Forbes Bills Profitability

The team is being set up for sale, with expenses kept at the bare minimum for the most part. If it weren't for a salary floor, I wouldn't be surprised if Littmann, who controls more than we'll ever know, wouldn't go Rachel Phelps and just slash payroll to nothing.

That's all this has been, RW's family getting this team as attractive for sale as it can be.

EDIT: It's why the contracts they're handing out typically are low in guaranteed money or have out-clauses, like Fitz' and K. Williams'.

Edited by BillsVet