• Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
    • Mike Adams OT Ohio State
    • Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
    • Quinton Coples DE43 North Carolina
    • Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona State
    • Michael Floyd WRF Notre Dame
    • Montee Ball RBF Wisconsin
    • Other

The Offensive line has only given up 16 sacks and Fred Jackson was averaging over 5 yards a carry. Why Offensive line? The Bills only have 17 sinking sacks, 10 in one game, that's are priority people. Draft pass rushers early and often. RG3 doesn't rush the passer.

They have only given up 16 sacks because Fitzpatrick throws the ball away and because the Bills only have success on short throws.

During this losing streak the OL has allowed steady pressure on Fitzpatrick, to the point where they are rolling him out to get him open looks.

He is not so good throwing on the run, so that speaks to how they feel about the pass blocking.

A great deal of that pressure has been brought from the edges where Hairston and Pears have been mediocre. Mediocre at both tackles is not a good place to be.

The urgency to get rid of the ball is not doing much for Fitzpatrick's mechanics and that is causing some embarrassingly wild downfield throws.

As for pass rushers, reaching for them is a terrible idea. Not that we don't have enough examples of bad reaches, but look at Jacksonville in 2008 when they reached for Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves out of desperation for pass rushers. That was a killer for Del Rio's regime.

Bottom line is get the best talent available at what you identify as your key positions. If that means taking a franchise LT when there are lesser players at positions of greater immediate need.......then you do it.

OLB is by far the biggest need.

But get ready for 20 posts asking why the kid from Baylor isn't listed as one of your options.

Yeah at this point it is ridiculous to not include him. That's like not including the kid from Stanford.

I take Burfict and put him as a rush backer in the 3-4. That boy would be explosive coming off the edge. Not sure about the coverage skills, but I'm sure he would be a beast pass rusher.

When I watched Burfict this year he did not look good. Definitely regressed. I think some medical questions are going to come up. He looked far less explosive and showed a lot less range this season. I could be wrong but he could be the Brandon Spikes of this years draft, a high profile LB who does not test well and slides.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saying it now this team will be in a 4-3 by opening week next year. Edwards is going to get fired. He has to be. Somebody needs to get the ax for this ineptitude.

You build based on the best guys you have already. I'm pretty confident Williams and Dareus on the inside would be a deadly combo. Build from there. Draft a 4-3 DE in the first and a sam/will backer in the second or vice versa. Barnett to the mike. Kelsay back to DE for the time being. Sign another CB.

Boom.

I'm saying it now this team will be in a 4-3 by opening week next year. Edwards is going to get fired. He has to be. Somebody needs to get the ax for this ineptitude.

You build based on the best guys you have already. I'm pretty confident Williams and Dareus on the inside would be a deadly combo. Build from there. Draft a 4-3 DE in the first and a sam/will backer in the second or vice versa. Barnett to the mike. Kelsay back to DE for the time being. Sign another CB.

Boom.

Why so serious 100% agrees with this.

Kelsay actually looks good with his hand on the ground.

only problem is the Bulks invested in Sheppard. I don't think he is a 3-4 Olb

The nfl requires lots of 4 man fronts. Nicole and dime. And our 4 man spine plays pretty well. Our Cbs are a disaster. But I think Williams looks good.

My Big Board minus Luck (because he has zero chance to fall to us):

Barkley,Rg3, Blackmon, Kirkpatrick, Claiborne, Upshaw

While I view OLB as a bigger need than CB, I'd think Kirkpatrick and Claiborne are better players than upshaw. If we go CB rd 1 there's still a chance of getting a top tier OLB in rd 2. I don't see THAT much of a difference between upshaw and the other OLBs. Upshaw is a beast vs the run, but I'm not quite sold on his pass rush ability. Most of his sacks (that I've seen) have been him running unblocked straight to the qb. I wanna see his arsenal of pass rush moves before I can be sold on him as a pass rusher. My top 2 are based on my philosophy that we won't be anything but a playoff contender, SB pretender until we get ourselves a great qb. Blackmon may be the best player in the draft. I doubt he falls, but his name belongs on our board.

Edited by NewEra

My Big Board minus Luck (because he has zero chance to fall to us):

Barkley,Rg3, Blackmon, Kirkpatrick, Claiborne, Upshaw

While I view OLB as a bigger need than CB, I'd think Kirkpatrick and Claiborne are better players than upshaw. If we go CB rd 1 there's still a chance of getting a top tier OLB in rd 2. I don't see THAT much of a difference between upshaw and the other OLBs. Upshaw is a beast vs the run, but I'm not quite sold on his pass rush ability. Most of his sacks (that I've seen) have been him running unblocked straight to the qb. I wanna see his arsenal of pass rush moves before I can be sold on him as a pass rusher. My top 2 are based on my philosophy that we won't be anything but a playoff contender, SB pretender until we get ourselves a great qb. Blackmon may be the best player in the draft. I doubt he falls, but his name belongs on our board.

Why leave off Kalil and Adams?

I agree that Adams is a strong offensive line talent. If our pass rush were better, or if we were better defending the run, he'd be one of my Top 3 picks looking for BPA.

I agree that OLB and pass rush is the top priority. However when have the Bills had a top LT prospect on the board when they picked?

I can't think of a time.

You can say "Blind Side" but if you pay attention to his carreer he hasn't been that homerun LT pick. Getting a bluechipper LT Trumps all "needs" that is always BPA only trumped by a franchise QB.

Round Pick Team Selection Psn School CRI Delta ReachValue

1 1 Indianapolis Andrew Luck QB Stanford P2 +0 Value

1 2 Minnesota Matt Kalil OT USC P2 +0 Value

1 3 St Louis Morris Claiborne CB LSU P1 -3 Reach

1 4 Jacksonville Justin Blackmon WRF Oklahoma State P2 +1 Value

1 5 Washington Matt Barkley QB USC P1 +1 Value

1 6 Philadelphia Zach Brown OLB43 North Carolina P2 -4 Reach

1 7 Carolina Alshon Jeffery WRF South Carolina P2 -1 Reach

1 8 Cleveland Trent Richardson RBF Alabama P1 +3 Value

1 9 Buffalo ?

I used DraftTek's Simulator, moved us up to 9th, where I think we'll finish, and moved Miami down to our 13th spot in each round. Based on current positional needs, the simulator ran this draft for me. Your votes will help me adjust the Bills' positional needs on DraftTek.

Who would you draft first? Why?

Astro

Biggest need, IMHO, is fixing the pash rush, or lack there of. Upshaw is a stud and ChaNix are obsessed with players from the south.

I agree that OLB and pass rush is the top priority. However when have the Bills had a top LT prospect on the board when they picked?

I can't think of a time.

You can say "Blind Side" but if you pay attention to his carreer he hasn't been that homerun LT pick. Getting a bluechipper LT Trumps all "needs" that is always BPA only trumped by a franchise QB.

The Steelers do just fine with a terrible offensive line. We could, obviously, upgrade at the LT position, but we have such glaring issues at cornerback (no 6'2''+ guy) and outside linebacker that we can't take a LT. I like Adams and Kalil, but we have far bigger needs.

1323650036[/url]' post='2333362']

Why leave off Kalil and Adams?

I feel one of the guys on the big board will be available when we draft. None of them are, Kalil and Martin would be my top OTs. I like Barrett Jones as the 3rd best OT. Idmlike Adams in the 2nd, but would be happy if he was our pick in the top 12. Jmo

1323880622[/url]' post='2335975']

The Steelers do just fine with a terrible offensive line. We could, obviously, upgrade at the LT position, but we have such glaring issues at cornerback (no 6'2''+ guy) and outside linebacker that we can't take a LT. I like Adams and Kalil, but we have far bigger needs.

We don't have Big Ben. We have Fitz. Qb is the #1 need IMO.

I can. The year Jauron wasted a 1st on McKelvin. Note the very next selection.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/years/2008

I'll give you Clady, even though he had some ups and downs as he fought through injuries.

But that shows you how rare you have an opportunity to draft a stud L T

Who will be the QB in 2018, I don't know. But if you draft Adams he'll most likey won't have to worry about his blindside.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'll give you Clady, even though he had some ups and downs as he fought through injuries.

But that shows you how rare you have an opportunity to draft a stud L T

Who will be the QB in 2018, I don't know. But if you draft Adams he'll most likey won't have to worry about his blindside.

It's a history of long term neglect wrt the OL. The Levy/Jauron era crippled this team by chasing after rbs and dbs, which was absolutely stupid.

As for Nix/Gailey, if you take away the moronic selection of Spiller, they at least tried to make the team stronger in important areas.

This leaves us with a team that is very shaky at OT, and has not 1 legit OLB on the entire football team.

If there is no qb left who they think will be great when we select, it would be inexcuseable not to go after these positions.

We do not need a stud line with our passing scheme. We need run blockers who can pass protect.

The above is what stud linemen do.