1. 1. Is Fitz an "Elite" QB?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know what an elite qb is.

1323293754[/url]' post='2330746']

Fitz 20TDs and 14INTs

Rivers 19TDs and 17INTs

Ryan 19TDs and 12INTs

Fitz is fifth in the league in accuracy, 7th in overall TDs, he's also the least sacked quarterback in the league. That's right folks, right behind someone you might know uhhh Michael Vick? Who's been injured the past three weeks. Read into stats as little or as much as you'd like but Fitz is here to stay.

Partly because of him. Partly because of the offense. Would you rather have fitz than Vick? Or rivers? Or Ryan?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1323295046[/url]' post='2330752']

i really don't understand the purpose of this thread..why limit it to just Fitz? Why not just ask: Is any player on the bills roster "elite"? I suppose replacing Fitz's name with McGee or Dareus or Byrd isn't as cute/dramatic.

Agreed. It's absolutely comical how everyone still wants to draft a QB to replace Fitz assuming that he'll produce at a better rate. Fitz is going to most likely finish the season rankd in teh top 10 in most, if not all, QB categories...but he's not Tom Brady though so we can still get better..gotcha.

Ryan with White, Jones, and Tony Gonzalez has fewer TD's than Fitz with Stevie, the waterboy, and my grandma at WR..somehow Ryan is still 10x better than Fitz to some people on these boards.

what are you babbling about clown. compare him to the rest of the league and see where his numbers stack up...once you compile those names, go a little further and compare the talent those other QB's have at WR/OL compared to what we have.

Because qb is the most important single position on the team. And it's not even close. I love the "stat" talk. How about watching a QB play in the 4th quarter or on 3rd down and see how they deliver. These last 7 weeks, how confidant have you been on obvious passing 3rd downs? I know how I've felt. I know the results. I know what I see. Numbers don't mean jack to me. Getting it done when it counts matters. Fitz has failed more often than not when it counts. That's a fact. I don't wanna hear how much talent other teams have. Sure it matters, but at the end of a game, if your qb has the ball and has to drive your team down for a score to win the game, I don't have confidence in him. Yeah, he did it twice this season, but he has 6 game winning drives in his career. I don't know how many times he failed in his attempt, but I bet it's at least doubled, likely tripled. That matters to me

Give him real weapons at WR, and then see what the boy can do. If we had a Calvin Johnson type player on the team, this thread would not exist. And the Pennington comparison is just odd and 100% wrong... look who Chad had to throw to: Cherbet, Coles, S. Moss and Curtis Martin for that matter. Give Fitz those type of players and see what happens.

what are you babbling about clown. compare him to the rest of the league and see where his numbers stack up...once you compile those names, go a little further and compare the talent those other QB's have at WR/OL compared to what we have.

first, why are you calling me a clown? do i amuse you?

second, it's called the !@#$ing eyeball test and fitz fails it everyday and twice on sundays. cool, fitz doesn't get sacked a lot - i couldn't be more impressed that a QB who throws 95% slant patterns after 2 seconds doesn't get sacked. i'm completely blown away. i'm also super impressed that he has a high completion percentage. i'd like to see what that same % is on passes 20 yards downfield. i bet it's abysmal. watching him throw 5 feet over WRs heads and into triple coverage has gotten old. remember that bull **** call vs the pats where they were flagged for pass inference in the endzone negating an INT? that's the type of stuff he got away with the first few weeks. i think the raiders DBs dropped 5 sure INTs. now the real fitz is showing through and we've lost 5 in a row.

fitz is a decent player and even better guy, but his lack of abilities put a really low ceiling on how far this offense can go. if you don't see that, then shame on you. if you also don't see that you need a top notch QB to get places in this league, well then you haven't been paying attention. do you think it's just fluke luck that the past 6 super bowl champ QBs are Brady, E. Manning, P. Manning, Rothlisberger, Brees, and Rodgers??? you're the same (*^*&%^$^#who has been harping on me for months when i've questioned the make-up of the team. results prove that you're about as knowledgeable as my !@#$ing dishwasher.

Partly because of him. Partly because of the offense. Would you rather have fitz than Vick? Or rivers? Or Ryan?

Fitz > Vick for sure...vick has been a starter many more seasons than Fitz, and what has he ever accomplished really?

Id take Rivers over Fitz..but again, how much talent has Rivers had in San Diego? How would Rivers do in Buffalo?

I wouldn't jump to take Ryan over Fitz...Ryan has fallen into a situation in Atlanta where he has TONS of talent around him and though he has performed relatively well, how would he actually do in Buffalo?

The point is, Fitz is putting up good numbers with very little talent around him...so the LOGICAL thing would be to simply continue to ADD talent to the offensive side and not SUBTRACT from the talent (by replacing Fitz or even stevie or freddie)

first, why are you calling me a clown? do i amuse you?

second, it's called the !@#$ing eyeball test and fitz fails it everyday and twice on sundays. cool, fitz doesn't get sacked a lot - i couldn't be more impressed that a QB who throws 95% slant patterns after 2 seconds doesn't get sacked. i'm completely blown away. i'm also super impressed that he has a high completion percentage. i'd like to see what that same % is on passes 20 yards downfield. i bet it's abysmal. watching him throw 5 feet over WRs heads and into triple coverage has gotten old. remember that bull **** call vs the pats where they were flagged for pass inference in the endzone negating an INT? that's the type of stuff he got away with the first few weeks. i think the raiders DBs dropped 5 sure INTs. now the real fitz is showing through and we've lost 5 in a row.

fitz is a decent player and even better guy, but his lack of abilities put a really low ceiling on how far this offense can go. if you don't see that, then shame on you. if you also don't see that you need a top notch QB to get places in this league, well then you haven't been paying attention. do you think it's just fluke luck that the past 6 super bowl champ QBs are Brady, E. Manning, P. Manning, Rothlisberger, Brees, and Rodgers??? you're the same (*^*&%^$^#who has been harping on me for months when i've questioned the make-up of the team. results prove that you're about as knowledgeable as my !@#$ing dishwasher.

all 1st ballot HOF's..so let me get this straight, what you're actually arguing then is: An NFL team can only win a super bowl if you have a Hall of Fame QB underneath center. Why don't you just save whatever is left of your pathetic life as an invalid, and stop watching the Bills, b/c what you're seeking at QB - a HOF QB - is most likely not going to be coming around here any time soon.

You just don't seem to get it..your mind is so empty that all you can focus on week in week out is Fitz and how he's not Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. NO ****. Move on. If your goal is simply to pursue the next HOF QB, then you're going to be chasing your tail like a fool. Realize that we have someone who is, statistically speaking, actually GOOD at QB and DOES HAVE intagibles, whether you want to admit it or not, and insteand of being FIXATED on replacing him with Aaron Rodgers 2.0, how about we simply KEEP ADDING TO THE TALENT AROUND HIM..WHICH IS NOT MUCH.

It must suck to be you right now b/c Fitz isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Deal with it.

I thought Yes/No/You gotta be kidding would be the choices.

No will have to suffice.

Fitz is a great guy, but has serious limitations compared with the "elite" big boys.

Subject to any fan's opinion, there are only a handful of "elite" QBs out there. Not every team gets one - and many teams do not even know how to DEVELOP such a guy if they happen to draft him.

1323302497[/url]' post='2330850']

Fitz > Vick for sure...vick has been a starter many more seasons than Fitz, and what has he ever accomplished really?

Id take Rivers over Fitz..but again, how much talent has Rivers had in San Diego? How would Rivers do in Buffalo?

I wouldn't jump to take Ryan over Fitz...Ryan has fallen into a situation in Atlanta where he has TONS of talent around him and though he has performed relatively well, how would he actually do in Buffalo?

The point is, Fitz is putting up good numbers with very little talent around him...so the LOGICAL thing would be to simply continue to ADD talent to the offensive side and not SUBTRACT from the talent (by replacing Fitz or even stevie or freddie)

Yeah buddy. Keep billieving Mr. Simpson. I won't continue this conversation anymore. My head may explode.

1323303161[/url]' post='2330859']

all 1st ballot HOF's..so let me get this straight, what you're actually arguing then is: An NFL team can only win a super bowl if you have a Hall of Fame QB underneath center. Why don't you just save whatever is left of your pathetic life as an invalid, and stop watching the Bills, b/c what you're seeking at QB - a HOF QB - is most likely not going to be coming around here any time soon.

You just don't seem to get it..your mind is so empty that all you can focus on week in week out is Fitz and how he's not Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. NO ****. Move on. If your goal is simply to pursue the next HOF QB, then you're going to be chasing your tail like a fool. Realize that we have someone who is, statistically speaking, actually GOOD at QB and DOES HAVE intagibles, whether you want to admit it or not, and insteand of being FIXATED on replacing him with Aaron Rodgers 2.0, how about we simply KEEP ADDING TO THE TALENT AROUND HIM..WHICH IS NOT MUCH.

It must suck to be you right now b/c Fitz isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Deal with it.

Well I was done, until I read your next post.

Please....continue to grade a qb "statistically speaking". Wow. Just wow. Just watch the dam games. Watch his deep balls. Watch him complete 5-7 pass yards on 3rd and 9. Watch him over throw (or underthrow) the Wr when he's actually on the 1st down marker. It happens all the time. Am I the only one who's seeing this?? My buddies sure do. Laughing at the qb you love so much. LAUGHING at him. Laughing at me.... And you

Yeah buddy. Keep billieving Mr. Simpson. I won't continue this conversation anymore. My head may explode.

Well I was done, until I read your next post.

Please....continue to grade a qb "statistically speaking". Wow. Just wow. Just watch the dam games. Watch his deep balls. Watch him complete 5-7 pass yards on 3rd and 9. Watch him over throw (or underthrow) the Wr when he's actually on the 1st down marker. It happens all the time. Am I the only one who's seeing this?? My buddies sure do. Laughing at the qb you love so much. LAUGHING at him. Laughing at me.... And you

how else do you want to grade him? on wins and losses? sure that would be great, unfortunately there are a crap load of elements that play into that equation that Fitz has nothing to do with.

let your friends laugh all they want..do you actually watch other games? do you realize how many bad throws are made by QB's all over the league week in week out? the difference is that other TEAMS ARE BETTER than our TEAM and individual players' occassional mistakes can be overcome. for christs sake, Fitz throws for 200+ yds, 3 tds vs. the Jets and hits a wide open Stevie at the very end that may have sealed the deal..and what are 80% of the b*tch complaints on this board about after the game? why couldn't fitz hit stevie in the numbers on the second throw in the end zone while he was rolling out and throwing on the run..that's what people were bitching about...not that the defense COLLAPSED again and gave up the go-ahead TD...not that Fitz hit Brad Smith in the hands in the end zone on the last drive, but B. Smith couldn't reel it in..sure that was a tough catch for smith, but so was Fitzs throw on the run across his body to stevie in the end zone..no bitching for smith not being able to brign the ball in though.

vs. ten, why couldn't Fitz drive 85 yds in 1 minute with 0 TO's?..it's insane. At the end of the day, it's simple: fans suffer from "grass is greener" syndrome. All other players in the league are better than our players..all college QB's are always potential hall of famers...and other teams fans "laugh" at our players..it's comical, but expected. I live in the NYC area and year in year out I have to hear how much Eli Manning sucks and is not an "elite" QB. It's comical, it really is. So ya, it's not a surprise that a buffalo bills messageboard has people bitching and moaning about Fitz.

So what's your alternative? Tell me what you would like to do at QB in the off season so we can prevent your friends from teasing you about Fitz next season.

how else do you want to grade him? on wins and losses? sure that would be great, unfortunately there are a crap load of elements that play into that equation that Fitz has nothing to do with.

let your friends laugh all they want..do you actually watch other games? do you realize how many bad throws are made by QB's all over the league week in week out? the difference is that other TEAMS ARE BETTER than our TEAM and individual players' occassional mistakes can be overcome. for christs sake, Fitz throws for 200+ yds, 3 tds vs. the Jets and hits a wide open Stevie at the very end that may have sealed the deal..and what are 80% of the b*tch complaints on this board about after the game? why couldn't fitz hit stevie in the numbers on the second throw in the end zone while he was rolling out and throwing on the run..that's what people were bitching about...not that the defense COLLAPSED again and gave up the go-ahead TD...not that Fitz hit Brad Smith in the hands in the end zone on the last drive, but B. Smith couldn't reel it in..sure that was a tough catch for smith, but so was Fitzs throw on the run across his body to stevie in the end zone..no bitching for smith not being able to brign the ball in though.

vs. ten, why couldn't Fitz drive 85 yds in 1 minute with 0 TO's?..it's insane. At the end of the day, it's simple: fans suffer from "grass is greener" syndrome. All other players in the league are better than our players..all college QB's are always potential hall of famers...and other teams fans "laugh" at our players..it's comical, but expected. I live in the NYC area and year in year out I have to hear how much Eli Manning sucks and is not an "elite" QB. It's comical, it really is. So ya, it's not a surprise that a buffalo bills messageboard has people bitching and moaning about Fitz.

So what's your alternative? Tell me what you would like to do at QB in the off season so we can prevent your friends from teasing you about Fitz next season.

:thumbsup: couldn't say it better myself. Fitz gets all the blame, but did he give the Cowboys 44 points? Dolphins 35? Does he allow opposing offenses walk down the field and score every single time? Far as I'm concerned Fitz is at the bottom of the good QB pile. Yeah there's like 10 or so guys better, but this is the best the offense has looked in years. Get some real WR talent to help out and see what's up. But if you actually watch the games the Defense is clearly the number one problem.

Didn't vote. We need to get it out of our heads that only an "elite" QB is what we need.

There are 32 starting QBs. Only two, maybe three, elite QBs. He's a good QB who is doing his best with what he has and WILL get better with a better supporting cast. He's our guy for the time-being, and I'm happy with him.

If you don't have one, an "Elite" QB is always what you need. You might not NEED one to be competitive, but you surely do to win a super bowl. I'd also argue there's more than 2 or maybe 3 elite QB's. Just for argument sake Brees, Brady, and Rodgers are three, who's the maybe?

1323313751[/url]' post='2330960']

I sit at a bar with 7 tvs in front of me, every game on. I watch every game. Albeit, when the bills are playing I only glance at the games sparingly. I watch all the afternoon games, Sunday night and Monday. I'm not a casual fan. Footballs been in my blood since birth. I live for football season. I'm not sure why considering I'm usually extremely disappointed at our season.

Yes, I'd like to draft a qb that has a chance to special. I don't want a decent qb any longer. I want a great qb. Not sure why you don't. If you have a chance to draft a qb that you think will be special, you draft him.....unless you already have a special qb. We do not. So it's a simple choice to me, because I think luck, Barkley and rg3 all have a chance to be special. If they're gone, I'd be happy to draft bpa at another position. If they're available, I'll be dissapointed that we didn't select one. Draft a defensive player that has a chance to suck. Draft a Wr that has a chance to suck. I'd rather draft a qb that has a chance to suck...but also has a chance to be better than our current qb. Why? Because its the most important position....by far.

Draft a defensive player that has a chance to suck. Draft a Wr that has a chance to suck. I'd rather draft a qb that has a chance to suck...but also has a chance to be better than our current qb. Why? Because its the most important position....by far.

Yes, but if you draft a defensive player that sucks or a WR that sucks, you can recover from that. If you have a QB that sucks, you suck and have no chance to win. See JP, Trent, etc. We have a decent QB. we need to build a good team around him. There are Andrew Luck/RG3/Barkley's in every draft. When you finally get a good team around Fitz, if we don't go all the way, you can always trade up in the draft to take the franchise guy. with bad talent around a really good QB, how can you tell if he's good or not because your team is going to suck? he's going to get sacked a lot and probably hurt and throw a lot of passes that bounce off of receivers hands like Fitz does or throw picks because receivers run the wrong route etc.

Fitz ain't great, but he's good enough that we can build around for now.

For my money, no QB this year.

couple points:

A. you're a fu(king d!ckhead. pretty unbelievable you can't get through a simple post without needing to say the bolded in order to bolster your point.

B. why can't we get a HOF QB? Cam Newton might be a HOF QB. Hell, Barkley and RGIII might be HOF QBs. you can't get one unless you actually TRY to get one. i'd say there are 5-6 HOF QBs in the NFL right now - almost 1/5 of the league. why the !@#$ can't we be part of that group??

C. your suggestion is to "move on"?? wtf? why not improve and make the team better start at QB - at least TRY to get a stud in there. we'll have a top 10 pick in April, and if Barkley or RGIII are sitting there, TAKE A SHOT.

D. it must suck to be me? at least i'm not a delusional, condescending prick. we'll revisit this argument this same time next year, 12 months from now. $50 says Fitz isn't the Bills starting QB.

Edited by deep2evans

1323323171[/url]' post='2331024']

Yes, but if you draft a defensive player that sucks or a WR that sucks, you can recover from that. If you have a QB that sucks, you suck and have no chance to win. See JP, Trent, etc. We have a decent QB. we need to build a good team around him. There are Andrew Luck/RG3/Barkley's in every draft. When you finally get a good team around Fitz, if we don't go all the way, you can always trade up in the draft to take the franchise guy. with bad talent around a really good QB, how can you tell if he's good or not because your team is going to suck? he's going to get sacked a lot and probably hurt and throw a lot of passes that bounce off of receivers hands like Fitz does or throw picks because receivers run the wrong route etc.

Fitz ain't great, but he's good enough that we can build around for now.

For my money, no QB this year.

Great sig. I disagree that there's a luck/Barkley/rg3 in every draft. Disagree BIGtime.

1323323757[/url]' post='2331029']

couple points:

A. you're a fu(king d!ckhead. pretty unbelievable you can't get through a simple post without needing to say the bolded in order to bolster your point.

B. why can't we get a HOF QB? Cam Newton might be a HOF QB. Hell, Barkley and RGIII might be HOF QBs. you can't get one unless you actually TRY to get one. i'd say there are 5-6 HOF QBs in the NFL right now - almost 1/5 of the league. why the !@#$ can't we be part of that group??

C. your suggestion is to "move on"?? wtf? why not improve and make the team better start at QB - at least TRY to get a stud in there. we'll have a top 10 pick in April, and if Barkley or RGIII are sitting there, TAKE A SHOT.

D. it must suck to be me? at least i'm not a delusional, condescending prick. we'll revisit this argument this same time next year, 12 months from now. $50 says Fitz isn't the Bills starting QB.

I obviously agree 100%. About the qb and his immature remarks.