1. 1. Is Fitz an "Elite" QB?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know what an elite qb is.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't vote. We need to get it out of our heads that only an "elite" QB is what we need.

There are 32 starting QBs. Only two, maybe three, elite QBs. He's a good QB who is doing his best with what he has and WILL get better with a better supporting cast. He's our guy for the time-being, and I'm happy with him.

1323276813[/url]' post='2330476']

Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers are elite. The fact you are even asking if Fitzpatrick is an "elite" QB shows how little football you know. :wallbash:

I know he's not elite. I wanna see how many here think he is. Classic mr wonderful response btw.

1323276962[/url]' post='2330478']

Thanks for the tip.

Hasn't this topic been discussed many times before?

It sure has. No poll included. I'd like to see how many blind bills fans are on this board. Thanks

1323276484[/url]' post='2330469']

Didn't vote. We need to get it out of our heads that only an "elite" QB is what we need.

There are 32 starting QBs. Only two, maybe three, elite QBs. He's a good QB who is doing his best with what he has and WILL get better with a better supporting cast. He's our guy for the time-being, and I'm happy with him.

I'm glad your happy with a qb that consoles a Wr after dropping a big pass in the middle of losing 7 out of 8 games. Be happy with the qb that was nick named noodle arm. The same qb that seems to throw high, low, left or right on most big third downs. He's a nice guy and I don't dislike him as a qb. I just don't like him as my teams qb for the next 3-4 years. I just think that so many bills fans are clouded as to what a really good qb is due to our last several qbs being so bad. It's like we're settling because he doesn't absolutely suck. He's decent.

If you don't know what an elite QB is, vote for that option. If you vote yes or no, explain why you feel that way.

You keep rehashing your agenda against Fitz. Bring something new to the table if you wish to continue creating threads on how you believe Fitz sucks. We get your point already. And no, he is not elite, just like 28 or so other starting qbs.

Edited by It's in My Blood

There are only a few "Elite" qb's in this league and Fitz isn't one of them.

Elite - Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers, may be able to argue Big Ben, but that's it.

When I think of elite I think the best of the best.

no, but its not like elite QBs are just dancing around for the taking. If Aaron Rodgers wants to come to Buffalo I say let's do it. But seeing as that is never going to happen I say maybe let's not chase the best QB we've had in a decade out of town just yet

Couldn't have said it better.

Shouldn't there be a difference between Elite Quarterbacks and Elite Teams? Brady, Rodgers and Brees are all on Elite teams that are stacked on offense and defense. Somehow, Fitzy is close to matching these guys stats with a very weak supporting cast. I think Brady would fail as the Bills QB. Infact, take Brady off the elite list because he only won Super Bowls while cheating. And pass rushers never get close to him. Fitzy has been the Bills MVP of the decade IMO. He may not be "elite" but he might be if he played on an elite team.

I agree, Would it be great to have an elite QB, sure. But there are only a few and it doesn't make sense to dump a pretty good QB in order to continue our fruitless search for an elite one.

1323278355[/url]' post='2330502']

You keep rehashing your agenda against Fitz. Bring something new to the table if you wish to continue creating threads on how you believe Fitz sucks. We get your point already. And no, he is not elite, just like 28 or so other starting qbs.

This is the only thread I've created. I've stated my opinion in many threads. In those threads, I read others saying they are happy with fitz as our qb. I want to see how many people think he's a great qb. That's the purpose of this thread. For me to see how many people, if any, think he's that good. Maybe I should have worded it differently. With the draft on my mind, theres a few qbs I would love to see in a bills uniform and I see drafting one of those guys as our "should be" #1 priority. Yes we need defense badly. We need OL and Wr too.! I think we need ago upgrade our qb position more than any of them. Not sure what some "new" would be. The only "new" stuff I can come up with would be after each game, when we add another loss onto our record and him being unable to drive down the field at the end of the game and score a gw td. Or if we get blown out and don't score any meaningful tds. All of these losses recently came at a point where if we won, maybe we can still make the playoffs. We lost ALL of them. A couple were blowouts where our defense and offense got dominated and there were a couple games that we had a chance to win at the end of the game and didn't get it done. I really wanted to see him get it done. He didn't. Mark Sanchez isn't a very good qb, but he has 11 gw drives in the last 2 years. Fitz has 6 in his career. 2 this year. I want a qb that I have confidence that he will get it done. I don't have confidence that fitz is that guy.

I don't have an agenda. I'm just some guy that wants to see how other bills fans view their qb. I should've included more options. My bad.

I'm glad your happy with a qb that consoles a Wr after dropping a big pass in the middle of losing 7 out of 8 games. Be happy with the qb that was nick named noodle arm. The same qb that seems to throw high, low, left or right on most big third downs. He's a nice guy and I don't dislike him as a qb. I just don't like him as my teams qb for the next 3-4 years. I just think that so many bills fans are clouded as to what a really good qb is due to our last several qbs being so bad. It's like we're settling because he doesn't absolutely suck. He's decent.

Okay...but where are all these elite QBs supposedly waiting in the wings for us? We've been saying the same thing for over a decade now, that our guy is right around the corner if only we get rid of our current QB - yet it NEVER happens like that. We get another Edwards or Losman and the cycle keeps on repeating.

I think Fitz is good enough to get this team to the playoffs, but I def wouldn't call him elite. He's in the top third of just about every category with some very solid numbers, yet his biggest issue is consistency. Still though, I do think he's better then at least 15-20 QBs starting right now. People should realize that all QBs have plenty of missed passes each game, and some they wish they could have back...it's just how it is. He was a touch off on a few passes against the Jets on that last drive, but he also threw a few perfect balls that should have been caught but they weren't. Overall Fitz is far from this teams biggest concern. Yes he likely won't be a hall-of-famer, but with a strong, not injury riddled team around him he can win us games. So until we do find our Aaron Rodgers, this is what we got, and it could be a LOT worse. So instead of whining about him, I'm gonna support him because he'll be our guy for a few years...but that doesn't mean I'm blind to his shortcomings either.

And seriously, the noodle arm thing needs to stop. We've seen him throwing 50 yard passes - like Stevies drop in the Pitt game last year - without much strain. How much more do you really need?

FYI, they've lost 6 out of the last 8, not 7. And it's a team sport, the defense and receivers played a huge role in our losses. Fitz shouldn't have to shoulder that all.

1323278859[/url]' post='2330507']

There are only a few "Elite" qb's in this league and Fitz isn't one of them.

Elite - Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers, may be able to argue Big Ben, but that's it.

When I think of elite I think the best of the best.

Drew Brees is elite in my book.

1323281150[/url]' post='2330567']

Okay...but where are all these elite QBs supposedly waiting in the wings for us? We've been saying the same thing for over a decade now, that our guy is right around the corner if only we get rid of our current QB - yet it NEVER happens like that. We get another Edwards or Losman and the cycle keeps on repeating.

I think Fitz is good enough to get this team to the playoffs, but I def wouldn't call him elite. He's in the top third of just about every category with some very solid numbers, yet his biggest issue is consistency. Still though, I do think he's better then at least 15-20 QBs starting right now. People should realize that all QBs have plenty of missed passes each game, and some they wish they could have back...it's just how it is. He was a touch off on a few passes against the Jets on that last drive, but he also threw a few perfect balls that should have been caught but they weren't. Overall Fitz is far from this teams biggest concern. Yes he likely won't be a hall-of-famer, but with a strong, not injury riddled team around him he can win us games. So until we do find our Aaron Rodgers, this is what we got, and it could be a LOT worse. So instead of whining about him, I'm gonna support him because he'll be our guy for a few years...but that doesn't mean I'm blind to his shortcomings either.

And seriously, the noodle arm thing needs to stop. We've seen him throwing 50 yard passes - like Stevies drop in the Pitt game last year - without much strain. How much more do you really need?

FYI, they've lost 6 out of the last 8, not 7. And it's a team sport, the defense and receivers played a huge role in our losses. Fitz shouldn't have to shoulder that all.

I'm not saying get rid of fitz. I never mentioned cutting him. We all know about the clause that says we can cut him 7 days into next season and get out of the contract. I don't mention that. I don't want us to cut him. I want us to draft his replacement if there's a guy we like on the board when we draft. I pray that buddy, if he loves a qb available when we draft, doesn't pass on him because fitz is our qb of the future. We have other needs, but there's never a need bigger than upgrading a mediocre qb. I don't wanna pass on one of these qbs just because we paid fitz all this money.