[OT] Before I die I want to...

SDS

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two of us can handle SDS ... I'll buy the beer when we are done. In the mean time head over to The Chapter House and have one in my absence...

Good plan. Lay low. With a Guinness, all the better.

Perhaps this conversation should be moved to the baseball forum. That will provide for some secrecy.

Good plan. Lay low. With a Guinness, all the better.

Perhaps this conversation should be moved to the baseball forum. That will provide for some secrecy.

Maybe we should simply invite SDS to the Chapter House for a beer .... get enough booze in him he might just hand the thing over with no violence ... then again we might be too drunk to remember how the :censored: we ended up together in the first place. This seems to be pretty much consistent with the stories told about TBD tailgate parties over the years.

____________?

Interesting.

I thought I had done everything but I have never ____________ed. How does one learn how to ____________? It is nice that the owner of the website shares his bucket list on the site for everyone to see.

Shoot a book Dall sheep. Not a Dall,a record Dall. Maybe the hardest hunting there is.

Beerboy has a certain way with sheep. Get him to woo one in your direction.

Finish a full ironman by the time i am 50..so that means next summer!!

Way to aim high. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Are you talking only the main part of the Ironman or all of the ads in the back about sea monkeys and people getting sand kicked in their face and stuff?

Visit Gettysburg and Antietam battlefields. Iwo jima, Normandy, Bastogne. Not really sure why. Just totally fascinated with the history of these places.

I want to take a self guided tour. Stray off the beaten path. Crawl through the tunnels, bunkers, rocks, etc.

Edited by Kevin

Visit Gettysburg and Antietam battlefields. Iwo jima, Normandy, Bastogne. Not really sure why. Just totally fascinated with the history of these places.

I want to take a self guided tour. Stray off the beaten path. Crawl through the tunnels, bunkers, rocks, etc.

Are there any books on Iwo Jima that you'd recommend personally? If DC Tom sees this, I've no doubt his two cents are valuable too.

Thanks!

Flags of our fathers is the only book I know of that has to do with Iwo. My wife's grandfather fought on Iwo. He doesn't talk much about it. What he has talked about is truly horrifying for a person in their late teens to early twenties to go through.

Flags of our fathers is the only book I know of that has to do with Iwo. My wife's grandfather fought on Iwo. He doesn't talk much about it. What he has talked about is truly horrifying for a person in their late teens to early twenties to go through.

Man, I hear that. My granddad was Navy, on a ship in the Pacific during WWII. At some juncture, they were ordered to leave drowning Japanese soldiers to die rather than take them as P.O.W's.

The details are so vague because they're all I know. He can't talk about anything regarding the war for more than a few seconds without breaking down in tears. Now that dementia has set in, I won't know the whole story. Over time I've come to think it may be better that way.

• 4 weeks later...

See the Pantheon in Rome, the Parthenon in Athens, the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul and the Great Pyramids in Giza.

I highly recommend taking a Royal Caribbean cruise. I hit 2 of 4 on that cruise, and it was a very comfortable trip. Hit me with a P.M. if you want details.

Rome is a trip that should be done by itself. Pantheon is amazing.

Are there any books on Iwo Jima that you'd recommend personally? If DC Tom sees this, I've no doubt his two cents are valuable too.

Thanks!

Try Iwo Jima Legacy of Valor by Bill Ross