The Bleacher Reports says all Bills coaches are "SAFE" in 2012

Tried to see if any media outlets were reporting a potential firing of Chan Gailey and George Edwards. This writer from The Bleacher Report, claims that all Bills coaches are safe due to the teams' lack of talent. I have to say that I disagree that Edwards is safe after this monumental fall. We need to Buffalo media to start the discussion of firing Edwards.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/961344-hot-seat-alert-for-every-nfl-coach-and-coordinator-through-week-12/page/2#/articles/961344-hot-seat-alert-for-every-nfl-coach-and-coordinator-through-week-12/page/2

Defensive Coordinator: George Edwards

Buffalo's defense has not performed at a high level, but a lot of that is due to a lack of talent. Edwards is forced to work with castoffs and marginal players. He has done well under the circumstances and will return next season.

I certainly agree with the lack of talent on the defense due to injuries and weaknesses in the D-line and Linebackers. But to say he is safe because of this lack of talent is less convincing. They looked good against the pass today but stunk against the run. George Edwards is probably not safe unless there is a major turn around coming up.

Tried to see if any media outlets were reporting a potential firing of Chan Gailey and George Edwards. This writer from The Bleacher Report, claims that all Bills coaches are safe due to the teams' lack of talent.

http://bleacherrepor...-week-12/page/2

Well, the author, Jon Dove, "has completed a scouting training course run by the national football post’s Wes Bunting", so I guess he ought to know.

Defensive Coordinator: George Edwards

Buffalo's defense has not performed at a high level, but a lot of that is due to a lack of talent. Edwards is forced to work with castoffs and marginal players. He has done well under the circumstances and will return next season.

I certainly agree with the lack of talent on the defense due to injuries and weaknesses in the D-line and Linebackers. But to say he is safe because of this lack of talent is less convincing. They looked good against the pass today but stunk against the run. George Edwards is probably not safe unless there is a major turn around coming up.

"Done well?" That guy should be forcibly prohibited from writing about Football for the rest of his life...

"Done well..." :blink:

What I find interesting is how the players come to his defense, saying the scheme is fundamentally sound, and the calls are correct and he has them in the right situation. The players are the ones making over 20 mental mistakes a game. If they executed the call correctly, then the D can stop anyone (so they say). Well, who's to blame for that? How come a starting NFL defender can't execute his assignment correctly, to the tune of over 20 times a game (they face what, 60 plays a game, and they're messing up on about 40% of them)? Is the scheme not tought well enough, do they not spend enough time in meetings, is it too complex, or do the players really just suck?

What I find interesting is how the players come to his defense, saying the scheme is fundamentally sound, and the calls are correct and he has them in the right situation. The players are the ones making over 20 mental mistakes a game. If they executed the call correctly, then the D can stop anyone (so they say). Well, who's to blame for that? How come a starting NFL defender can't execute his assignment correctly, to the tune of over 20 times a game (they face what, 60 plays a game, and they're messing up on about 40% of them)? Is the scheme not tought well enough, do they not spend enough time in meetings, is it too complex, or do the players really just suck?

That's pathetic that our defenders make mental errors on 20 plays a game.

The players have to believe in their coach. They put their bodies on the line for the game plan. They have to put their faith in the game plan, which means indirectly in the coaches.

They are going to say that. They said that about Jauron. What would we be thinking if they said "man, I'm playing my ass off, but our coaches just suck!"

I'm not sure what's meant by a "mental mistake". It could simply reflect inexperience - not recognizing an offensive scheme or reacting correctly.

There are 11 players on D, so if there are 60 defensive plays (not a bad guess - Titans had 18 1st downs) that means 660 chances to make a mental mistake. So the percentage could be way lower than 40%.

We have a lot of rookies. Marv Levy used to say "I hate rookies, they all make mistakes, every one of them."

My guess is that even winning teams have quite a few mental mistakes, it's just the team effort compenstates for them.

Example: if there's a great pass rush and the QB gets sacked, doesn't matter if the 2ndary wasn't perfect. And so forth.

IMO the coaches are kind of throwing the players under the bus at this point, and I really don't like that.

Edited by Hopeful

"Done well?" That guy should be forcibly prohibited from writing about Football for the rest of his life...

"Done well..." :blink:

He should be forced to watch all Bills games of the past decade. IF that wouldnt be torture, I dont know what would be!

I hear ya...

But I think most of that kind of talk, at least in The Bills locker room, is due to the fact that they have pretty decent personalities as a whole and they are not going to throw any of their Coaches under the bus...It's mostly the same throughout the league...Listen to an interview of a player AFTER the good Coach comes to town...That's when you get the truth...I was listening to an interview with Brian Cushing a couple weeks ago and he was asked about what Wade Phillips has done to turn that D around...And his answer was basically that Phillips has done everything to improve that D...He said the difference was night and day...Now I'm guessing he was not bashing the Houston Defensive Coaches last year...But the players know...And The Bills do have talent on Defense...Not Top 10 talent, but they do have talent...No way should they be this bad...

It's the worst Coached Defense I've ever seen...It really is... B-)

IMO...quoting/linking to bleacher report and assuming you are quoting/linking anything beyond the musings of JAF (just another fan) is an error on your part.

Tried to see if any media outlets were reporting a potential firing of Chan Gailey and George Edwards. This writer from The Bleacher Report, claims that all Bills coaches are safe due to the teams' lack of talent. I have to say that I disagree that Edwards is safe after this monumental fall. We need to Buffalo media to start the discussion of firing Edwards.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/961344-hot-seat-alert-for-every-nfl-coach-and-coordinator-through-week-12/page/2#/articles/961344-hot-seat-alert-for-every-nfl-coach-and-coordinator-through-week-12/page/2

Not sure who this guy is and how he would know, probably just an educated guess. All you have to do is look at the past 10 years or so in Buffalo to know that normally Ralph lets a coach finish his contract out (he won't pay two coaches) and then signs a new one to start the rebuilding all over-AGAIN! But then again he might have a friend who is a cousin to a friend who was once married to a niece who went to school with Ralph Wilson's great grandchild?

Edited by billsfreak

Must be mental mistakes that allow opposing WRs to run free in the secondary literally 2 seconds after the snap!

Not only would I fire Edwards but the strength and conditioning coaches have gotta go. Just about every position on this team has been hit with at least one injury. Does this team lead the league in players on the IR list? This is embarrassing !!!!!

Edited by Rob T from OP