Only the Bills would dilute Brad Smith to WR

I'm sure there are people that are up on Brad Smith right now because he made a few plays at WR in the last few weeks but IMO I don't like him at that position.

He has been probably the most dissappointing player for me this year because all the things he did excellent before he got here in the return game and adding a wrinkle gadget offense is non-existant. He was an electric player! Not no more...

We have basically made him into a 3.5 million 4th or 5th WR on our roster. What a shame! We just line up out of the spread no matter what even when it doesn't work! Hopefully the plan next years is not to utilize him at WR but even before the injuries chan liked using him at WR. Only the Bills would screw this guy up...

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

They've tried him in a watered-down/fail version of the Wildcat, tried him at QB, now at WR. What more do you want them to do with him? Face it, he's another mistake on a laundry list of failed Free-Agent signees.

Chan Gailey hasn't used him enough in the Wildcat to make that determination. Even though Brad Smith has been successful at converting 1st downs in short yardage situations, even then Chan Gailey shy's away from him. That's what bugs me the most is that you have to open up the playbook with this guy and he hasn't even come close to doing this.

Even having him at WR why don't they try a Randel El (Steelers) type play were he comes around on the reverse and throws the ball. That's the stuff I want to see. The only time he has tried to throw the ball was in garbage time early in the year. Like I said he has been a waste, partially due to coaching staffs incompetence in how to use him.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

the wildcat offense is a gimmick that has played its-self out in the NFL and is no longer a real offensive option, and the guy has shown some real speed and ability at the WR position, and you want to complain about it? This place never ceases to amaze me how much people like to hate everything this team does.

He's seeing consistent playing time at WR, having success, and yet you're not satisfied. I'm actually more hopeful for him now than I was when they first inked him to a deal. If Fitz hit him on that deep ball in 1st half, he would've gone for over 100 yards, he torched that corner.

I guess you want more gimmicks, I'm fine with that stuff when you're ahead and not trailing. Can't take those risks when you're down.

Edited by bouds

I'm sure there are people that are up on Brad Smith right now because he made a few plays at WR in the last few weeks but IMO I don't like him at that position.

He has been probably the most dissappointing player for me this year because all the things he did excellent before he got here in the return game and adding a wrinkle gadget offense is non-existant. He was an electric player! Not no more...

We have basically made him into a 3.5 million 4th or 5th WR on our roster. What a shame! We just line up out of the spread no matter what even when it doesn't work! Hopefully the plan next years is not to utilize him at WR but even before the injuries chan liked using him at WR. Only the Bills would screw this guy up...

No matter where you think he should or shouldn't be playing, he is the fastest wr the bills have and the second or third best player they have at the position as I see it. We are now officially into the extended tryout segment of the season for the 2012 roster so let's find out if he is a viable wr.

+1 This team is turning into a meat grinder for young talent. We need a new owner, badly. (One that won't move the team.)

Worst post ever on this forum (at least as of late). The guy has finally shown even a little bit of anything as a weapon on this team and you think it's "diluting" his play. You've got to be kidding me. Early in the year we used Smith a few times a game at that horrible excuse for an offensive gimmick and he did nothing more than gain a few measley yards and first downs. Nothing more Than a handoff wouldn't accomplish at least 50% of the time. We tried a pass out of it once and the ball was so far off target the sideline almost had no shot at the catch. Wildcat offensive plays are a joke in this league. If they occassionally give Smith a shot at a reverse or pass from the reverse it would be fine but without him in as a WR there is no possible thought at fooling the defenses we play. He is the closest thing we have had at a 2nd WR this year and is getting better as he gets more playing time. We need to see if he can fill this need before going into the draft and offseason. It COULD be one less player of need that we would have to draft. You sir are very dilusional if you think we are wasting his skills now after the first 10 weeks of Absolutely nothing. He's finally getting the hang of being a part of this team.

Worst post ever on this forum (at least as of late). The guy has finally shown even a little bit of anything as a weapon on this team and you think it's "diluting" his play. You've got to be kidding me. Early in the year we used Smith a few times a game at that horrible excuse for an offensive gimmick and he did nothing more than gain a few measley yards and first downs. Nothing more Than a handoff wouldn't accomplish at least 50% of the time. We tried a pass out of it once and the ball was so far off target the sideline almost had no shot at the catch. Wildcat offensive plays are a joke in this league. If they occassionally give Smith a shot at a reverse or pass from the reverse it would be fine but without him in as a WR there is no possible thought at fooling the defenses we play. He is the closest thing we have had at a 2nd WR this year and is getting better as he gets more playing time. We need to see if he can fill this need before going into the draft and offseason. It COULD be one less player of need that we would have to draft. You sir are very dilusional if you think we are wasting his skills now after the first 10 weeks of Absolutely nothing. He's finally getting the hang of being a part of this team.

Brad Smith is a Quarterback. He can also run like the wind when he wants to. The now extict "wildcat" is a misuse of his natural talents. He should be used to return kicks, and in QB draw plays. He's a great change of pace for our offense.

This whole team seems to be diluted now. Flat, soulless, watered-down. Questionable calls, ridiculous execution, no winners' edge.

Is Brad Smith good, not, OK, whatever. Is he a Wildcat QB, a punt returner, a third WR, no idea. After such a momentous five-game letdown, following such an electric first half, and 12 years of just enough meatless goulash to keep us serfs wanting more next season, I have no faith in my analysis. I actually believed we were a playoff-quality team, like I believed several times prior during this past decade-plus drought.

the wildcat offense is a gimmick that has played its-self out in the NFL and is no longer a real offensive option, and the guy has shown some real speed and ability at the WR position, and you want to complain about it? This place never ceases to amaze me how much people like to hate everything this team does.

Right on man. I LOVE everything this team does. I LOVE 12 years with no playoffs, 2/3rds of a team with players that would not start on another team, and having the worst defense in the league, and ownership that does not care. You're right, wtf are people around here complaining about!

Where else would he go? The wildcat is a joke and with the kickoff back to the 35 there are barely any returns. At least at WR we can some production out of him.

Nailed it.

The losing is bringing back the madness.

Nailed it.

The losing is bringing back the madness.

Thanks.

It's the gimmick play/player lovers that just make me wanna throw up. Players like Parrish, plays like the wildcat. There's no place for them in 90% of an NFL game. That's why the wildcat doesn't work as an offense. It worked really well for about 2 games but even then it was only used no more than 10-15 plays a game. People just need to get over this gimmick crap. I haven't thought of Smith all year because how we used him was a joke. Now were actually getting him involved and people want to complain about it. OMG!!! What a load of crap and a waste of a $4 million a year player if we left it the way it was.

Thanks.

It's the gimmick play/player lovers that just make me wanna throw up. Players like Parrish, plays like the wildcat. There's no place for them in 90% of an NFL game. That's why the wildcat doesn't work as an offense. It worked really well for about 2 games but even then it was only used no more than 10-15 plays a game. People just need to get over this gimmick crap. I haven't thought of Smith all year because how we used him was a joke. Now were actually getting him involved and people want to complain about it. OMG!!! What a load of crap and a waste of a $4 million a year player if we left it the way it was.

Yea, tell that to Tim Tebow...

Anyway, I think most fans want to see the bills run the ball more instead of passing over and over when Fitz isn't playing so well. Its like all Gailey knows is pass pass pass and only runs to set up the pass.

Its almost like he didn't even recognize that Spiller was doing well against the Titans and just stopped even trying to run. all he has is passing on the brain and doesn't stop to think about just running his normal offense, even when they get behind a score or two.

Defenses go to a secondary overload to shut down the passing game which weakens their run defense, so what does megamind do..he keeps on throwing and playing right into the strength of the defense....simply moronic in my view. He has done this in at least 6 games this year.

Yea, tell that to Tim Tebow...

Anyway, I think most fans want to see the bills run the ball more instead of passing over and over when Fitz isn't playing so well. Its like all Gailey knows is pass pass pass and only runs to set up the pass.

Its almost like he didn't even recognize that Spiller was doing well against the Titans and just stopped even trying to run. all he has is passing on the brain and doesn't stop to think about just running his normal offense, even when they get behind a score or two.

Defenses go to a secondary overload to shut down the passing game which weakens their run defense, so what does megamind do..he keeps on throwing and playing right into the strength of the defense....simply moronic in my view. He has done this in at least 6 games this year.

Same thing we did in the Giants superbowl... Ouch

Smith by his own admission isa QB first. He is quite a talented player to comprehend then be succesful at any way we lined him up.

But too expected to see wild plays with spiller an parrish and smith available. They are all talented players and should have been put in a position to succeed much earlier in the season. If only to keep them guessing at what the heck were we doing!

well we are no longer a mystery to any defense and its down to fundamental football skills.

Brad is being used to the best our coaching staff can handle. Sorry Chan but im not happy.

When Spiiler was out of gas in second half we should have stayed with the run in T. Choice imo especially after the Titans moved everyone off the line into pass D.

Brad smith is now our deep threat and we should be thankful. We might have won if fitzy made that pass!

Go back and look at his stats last season and tell us where Smith was most "electric". I'll save you the trouble--it was as a kcik returner--not as a RB, not as a WR and most certainly not as a passer (he's awful throwing the ball).

Since the Bills don't return kicks out of the endzone anymore, leave Smith at WR.

Edited by Mr. WEO