Would you sign DeSean Jackson?

dayman

sjb-sometimes i wish you were Bills GM.not joking.

the concussion issue is one i wasnt aware of.-One thing I would like to add

is that he will be expensive.And as much as we are under the cap we have so many

D front 7 holes and O line depth issues that I dont think it would be money smartest

spent.-No doubt he is a super talent though.

Haha T! Too kind, buddy.

I was the one who said the Bills have enough talent on the front 7 to be a good defense.

If I recall correctly, you argued the exact opposite.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd sign him. We need another WR. Once he gets paid he will be fine. We could make the contract incentive based so that he has the motovation to go over the middle, etc or have an injury clause that pays him if he suffers a carrear ending injury. The guy has unreal talent and woudl be great lineup with Johnson, Nelson, Jaskson. Plus, with Nelson he won't have to go over the middle much. The only concern is whether Fitz can throw the ball far enough after he burns a CB.

I forgot he wanted so badly to come to buffalo that he would sign on anything.

Realistically, id have to guess that more than incentives, he will sign for the largest signing bonus possible sacrificing salary and pull the same thing in 2 years when his salary isnt as high as the guys around him that pushed bigger dollars deeper into the contract.

Like I heard on the radio this morning, if he was still holding out the team would understand he was taking care of business even though it hurts the team. If you come into work, you better come into work, that is why he sits alone on the bench like he has a virus or something, because he has lost the support of his teammates. Once you come into work, you have to give it all you have or don't come into work. Deal with your contract off the field.

He could not afford to hold out with the way that they were fining him

so in your mind its ok for a player to dog it because he doesnt want to get hurt in his contract year?...glad you dont play for the Bills

most players take this opporunity to show what they are made of and get the best contract they can but thats not how it should be done according to you

Jackson has been complaining about his contract since he was drafted bc he thought he should have been drafted higher...this isnt something new for him

He has 700 yards and 2 TDs is that quitting on your team! Philly as a whole has underperformed it seems ppl on this board are pointing the blame at him.

Maybe we should pass the hat and collect a little Do-Re-Mi. I'd be willing to kick in a couple weeks worth of salary.

About how much would it cost to keep DeSean Jackson as far away from Buffalo as possible?

Do you really want someone like Jackson who is going to quit or give half assed efforts whenever he is unhappy about his contract? Jackson's only problem is he is in debt because of his spending habits and wants a big money contract. That's the only thing going through his mind.

Do you know this for a fact? It could be because the Eagles promised him a deal and then reneged after the went out and signed other team's players instead of their own. Babin, Jenkins, Nnamdi, Vince Young...That's bad business, precisely the type of thing that could piss of players.

And as far as the attitude thing, all the high-character guys we've had throughout the years have done what for us? Perhaps we need some of his attitude here.

Do you know this for a fact? It could be because the Eagles promised him a deal and then reneged after the went out and signed other team's players instead of their own. Babin, Jenkins, Nnamdi, Vince Young...That's bad business, precisely the type of thing that could piss of players.

And as far as the attitude thing, all the high-character guys we've had throughout the years have done what for us? Perhaps we need some of his attitude here.

Of course he doesn't know it for a fact. The only thing everyone in this topic can agree on is that he is explosive and talented as hell, is just about what we need on field across from Stevie, and would vastly improve our offense. That is what he knows for a fact. DeSean isn't the player you see out there right now regularly or we wouldn't be talking about him. I could care less about his personal life. It's dreaming to think we would even make a play, the team that cut Hangartner and never makes a play on anyone (that costs money). But I would feel better if I thought we would if he would consider it. Instead I know we wouldn't consider it.

Maybe the Eagles will just cut him since his contract is up anyway and they dont seem like they will resign him.

Ya I thought about that too but at this point I doubt they would be shy to franchise him and trade him.

Edited by dayman

Ok, so we have one set of people on this board complaining the BILLS don't have enough talent and another set that believe the BILLS are only lacking talent in certain keys areas but overall WR is not a position of need. I happen to believe the BILLS do have "some" talent but lack elite type of talent in ALL areas. That being said, while I want talent to continue to develop and improve on this team, I don't want a cancer in the locker room so as destroying what this team has actually built over the last two years: BROTHERHOOD and TEAMWORK. However, I believe DeSean Jackson is the type of player that can change a game individually, see Giants v Eagles last year and see what Donovan McNabb could do with him. So, I think you make Jackson a fair offer, pay Stevie Johnson, and continue to develop the slot receiver spot and utilize the depth you've found at the WR position. Use Jackson as your punt returner, C.J. as your kickoff returner, and find help on Defense while getting depth at all positions, especially LB/DT.....so, pay Jackson as he requires to we can actually begin to build elite talent without needing to draft it and develop it and then monitor his attitude and effect on this team....if you have money to spend on talent, you've got money to burn if you need to cut his contract short...ala Fitzpatrick if his year continues in the downward spiral....IMO

The only thing everyone in this topic can agree on is that he is explosive and talented as hell, is just about what we need on field across from Stevie, and would vastly improve our offense.

Actually those last two are not facts, they are merely your opinion.

And not everyone in this topic agrees on it.

Comparing Jackson to Johnson is beyond lazy. SJ is a family guy who isn't going out on the town and goign buckwild. He made a bad move that hurt his team and he owned up to it. His teammates, unlike most fans, have completely moved on and love the guy.

Jackson is blowing 10K in a nightclub. He has numerous times when he has hurt his team. He is all about himself. He is a very talented player who has outperformed his rookie contract. But his attitude terrifies me. And I'd take SJ on my team anyday of the week.

Not trying to kill sj13 with this but perhaps offbase given he was in the car for the hit and run with marshawn? I'm mostly concerned deseans money is effecting his play. They are also both productive wideouts in the last year of a rookie deal. Both have history hurting their teams with me-first celebrations. Soooome commonalities. Just a sidebar I had to point out. Not sure how Stevie got the stay at home family man label.

Edited by NoSaint

Not trying to kill sj13 with this but perhaps offbase given he was in the car for the hit and run with marshawn? I'm mostly concerned deseans money is effecting his play. They are also both productive wideouts in the last year of a rookie deal. Soooome commonalities.

Just a sidebar I had to point out. Not sure how Stevie got the stay at home family man label.

It's due to him being married with a 2 and a 4 year old.

Beyond that I don't know how much of the family man thing is true.

It's due to him being married with a 2 and a 4 year old.

Beyond that I don't know how much of the family man thing is true.

I really have no idea either. It gets thrown around a lot though.

Like I said, not trying to kill Stevie. I'd pay him before desean given health and onfield issues.

You character people are insane....Did the Patriots worry about Moss's character? Marv Levy wanted character guys and he destroyed the team. Give me killer speed with an attitude any day. Jackson is elite. With Johnson, Nelson, and a combination of Jackson and Spiller, the skill positions would be truly dangerous. A true number one elite WR would raise the play of every other offensive weapon we have. It is the missing part on offense just as an OLB with 12 sacks is the missing piece on defense.

Edited by Dadonkadonk

You character people are insane....Did the Patriots worry about Moss's character? Marv Levy wanted character guys and he destroyed the team. Give me killer speed with an attitude any day. Jackson is elite. With Johnson, Nelson, and a combination of Jackson and Spiller, the skill positions would be truly dangerous. A true number one elite WR would raise the play of every other offensive weapon we have. It is the missing part on offense just as an OLB with 12 sacks is the missing piece on defense.

As soon as Moss showed the questionable character he was tossed out of town. Marv Levy didn't destroy this team, it was destroyed when he got here, and besides, he was obviously more of a figurehead hired by Ralph to bring back fans then he was having any say so in team decisions. This team will never have Jacksona and Johnson, two airheads tha both think they are #1's, it would be a situation just waiting to explode. The only thing bigger then what they want their back accounts to be is their ego and love for themselves.

That's tough because Jackson is exactly what the offense needs. He stretches the field as a legit deep threat. BUT he is a head case and could be a bad influence to Stevie and overall to the team. I would say no but it would be a great fit on the field BUT a bad fit off the field.