So, Bills won't buy remaining seats at 66% off

Beerball

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will now be the 12th season in a row without going to the playoffs and it's only week 12! It's quite simple, if the Bills put a playoff team out on the field or at least acted like they are trying, the fans would show up to these games. :sick:

PTR thinks Bills fans are entitled! The Promotional Robot at his best (worst). :censored:

No, I think Bills fans like you have a victim complex and think the Bills owe you something for your years of ripping them a new one every week.

PTR

huh???? your point?

That you expect the Bills to give up any incentive to buy tickets just so people can sit at home and watch. Very curious since I know you are quite the rightie.

having the product exposed to your market would only increase the visibility and merchandising capacity, in my opinion.

For what? So people will buy tickets next time? Or will you demand the Bills buy all their own tickets again?

We as fans give a lot to them, how about they give something back?

Ralph Wilson has lifted blackouts many many times before. You conveniently forgot about them so you can piss and moan. I'm not "promotional robot." I'm just someone laughs at the hypocrisy of the critics.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

having the product exposed to your market would only increase the visibility and merchandising capacity, in my opinion.

Haha, I want to watch it at home as much as the next guy, but the Bills have been in the B-Lo for more than 50 years. An increase in visibility and merchandising capacity being on local TV one game? :)

No, I think Bills fans like you have a victim complex and think the Bills owe you something for your years of ripping them a new one every week.

PTR

As opposed to the Bills ripping the season ticket holders a new one every season.

Edited by CodeMonkey

who in buffalo will buy a ticket tommorrow, knowing it will be on TV ?.....very few.

who in buffalo will buy a ticket tommorrow, knowing it will NOT be on TV....that will be decided in the next few days, but it will be more than if it was on tv.

12,000 seats left at say $60 each = $720,000.00

i have four seats and i will be there.....just remember, the ONLY thing keeping this team in Buffalo in the future is SELLOUTS. you want to justify why your not going, thats fine, your right, fior whatever reasons.....but remember, with SELLOUTS, they don't leave.....without sellouts, is the only excuse a new owner can use to relocate.

You know this already, but the discrepancy between those two scenarios (which is more like 1,200 than 12,000) is what matters, not one or the other.

If the future owner moves he's going to move - without a blackout they'll find another excuse.

Some consider it year 12 of a unknown length build.

Buddy's trying to replicate San Diego's 4 to 10 year plan of consistently disappointing their fan base, hiring bad coaches, and failing in the clutch. Buffalo's is becoming just the poor man's version at this point.

Season ticket holders support the team every year and have to pay FULL PRICE for preseason games.

This misguided,and unsuccessful marketing decision is a real slap in the face to them..

Season ticket holders have a right to expect performance.

What the F have YOU done to support the team,'rooster"????????

Thats just funny! :thumbsup:

As opposed to the Bills ripping the season ticket holders a new one every season.

How exactly do they rip us off? Do they come to your house and demand you buy tickets? Do they guarantee a Super Bowl? I certainly have no illusions when I renew my tickets. I get to tailgate with my friends and hopefully see something great like a win over New England. If you want to whip yourself every year we don't make the playoffs, go ahead. But I don't see the fun in that.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

nice of the bills not to throw the fans a bone and pick up the tix at 34 cents on the dollar. i dont care what their rationale is, the mgmt sucks..

I am a Bills fan in Miami. Recently when i was in Buffalo I attended a Bills game and was happy to contribute to the cause.I even watch the Bills at home in Miami , i invested in NFL ticket. The Bills have a lowest ticket prices in the NFL. ANd the local fans are so cheap that they cannot support the team, and still complain about the Management? Some of u people are pathetic. No wonder the Bills are looking to move elsewhere. If u cannot support your team , even with its low prices, allow another city to appreciate the Bills.

who in buffalo has not heard of the Bills ?...this market is 100% saturated.

who in buffalo will buy a ticket tommorrow, knowing it will be on TV ?.....very few.

who in buffalo will buy a ticket tommorrow, knowing it will NOT be on TV....that will be decided in the next few days, but it will be more than if it was on tv.

i have four seats and i will be there.....just remember, the ONLY thing keeping this team in Buffalo in the future is SELLOUTS. you want to justify why your not going, thats fine, your right, fior whatever reasons.....but remember, with SELLOUTS, they don't leave.....without sellouts, is the only excuse a new owner can use to relocate.

You can't be serious???? Do you really think fan attendance has anything to do with the Bills staying in Buffalo??? Did the fans not attend Brown's games in Cleveland before they left for Baltimore??? Get over it you don't matter...We don't mean anything...We give up our Sunday's for decades of disappointment, and when RW dies it will all be for nothing....

You can't be serious???? Do you really think fan attendance has anything to do with the Bills staying in Buffalo??? Did the fans not attend Brown's games in Cleveland before they left for Baltimore??? Get over it you don't matter...We don't mean anything...We give up our Sunday's for decades of disappointment, and when RW dies it will all be for nothing....

Probably so. I don't see the team staying. Just doesn't make any sense to me, unless Ralph locks the franchise into a 10 year, huge lease on the Ralph that is not cancelable upon his death.. something that would run counter to his "sell to the highest bidder" statements

who in buffalo has not heard of the Bills ?...this market is 100% saturated.

If the new owner thinks it will benefit him/her to move the Bills, the Bills will move....sellout or no. Fans filling the seats won't guarantee that we keep the game here.

What it will guarantee, is that the Bills will continue down the road of the last decade.

If the new owner has any marketing savvy at all, he/she must know that if the team were still winning, or even if the team still had the same record but had been competitive in 3 of the 4 last games instead of blown out to the point of being unwatchable in 3 out of 4 of them, the stadium would be filled to the brim with blue-painted berserkers screaming their throats raw.

I take it your base point is that the Bills are a business, and there is no reason to expect the Bills to forgo potential profit as a good will gesture to fans.

The corollary point is that the business is fundamentally entertainment, and if the Bills are fielding an un-entertaining, unwatchable product, the fans almost have a duty to NOT support it - that is the only way to send a message to an entertainment business that they need to improve their product.

If we follow your line of reasoning that the Bills are a business, and there is no reason for the fans to expect, or feel entitled to, a good will gesture, then it follows that if the product maximizes its sales at its current quality (ie stadium sells out), what is the motivation to improve the product?