Please Admit This Season Was Disappointing

MacAddict104

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you are so disappointed with the Bills, maybe u need a change of team. They have played their hearts out this season. I still support them no matter what. It is like supporting your children even when they fail. And believe me I do not have a losing attitude. It is you that has a give up mentality.

1st jets game, dallas, and dolphins.... i dont know about that.

2nd jets game they got their fire back.

lets hope they flame away the titans. i dont like houston oilers anyway

I guess if you looked at this season from the outset as wanting to improve from last season, then ya it was a success. But the bottom line is the Bills blew another golden opportunity (4-1 start). So hell ya it has been disappointing. I love it how we were doing great until we started popping up on sportscenter, then we immediately tanked after that. I am sick and tired of settling for just improving. Until Ralph dies and we get an owner who gives a damn we will go NOWHERE!

Not for nothing, but if Fitz plays a couple of more good games and they bounce back from the mid-season debacle I think the year turned out pretty good, for a rebuilding club.

exactly year two of a three year build, some pieces sliding into place. More to go but it's not like we are just terrible. Why can't we simply understand it's lack of depth- I don't understand why that is so hard to understand.

Theres a lot of good people in these forums who try to find positives in this team. I admire your outlook but let's gets serious, this season was a failure of big proportions.

It makes me sick to hear things like "oh we'll at least we beat New England" or "well we are better than we thought they'd be." Who cares? This is the same loser mentality that's the reason we haven't been competitive for over a decade.

It's annoying that so many fans are content with losing, or are cool with people laughing when you tell them you're a Bills fan, or are ok with a team that consistently delivers a poor product year-after-year. "well a losing team is better than NO team," they'll say. Are you sure about that? I'd rather have these losers out of my town.

Face it, until things change and this team is sold, this culture of losing will continue. It starts at the top with Ralph and the men he hires to work for him. It trickles down from here.

The Buffalo Bills are considered a joke by most NFL fans and they deserve to carry that reputation with them

F

are you sure your a bills fan??? the jags web site is looking for posters

exactly year two of a three year build, some pieces sliding into place. More to go but it's not like we are just terrible. Why can't we simply understand it's lack of depth- I don't understand why that is so hard to understand.

What did you say? I didn't understand you!

I for one will not admit this season was disappointing. Is it ashame after a 5-3 start the wont make the playoffs, Absolutley. I expected an 8-8 season this season anything less than that will be slightly disappointing. However what I hoped to happen has been happening. The team has learned how to win, how to comeback from behind and did get a win against the Patriots.

But after watching their 5 wins we only beat two teams clearly Washington and KC, We were down by atleast 21 points against Oakland and the Patriots and alomost gave up the game against the Eagles. There were three losses that if the defense was any good or should i say the defense coordinator was any good we should have beat the Giants/Bengals and even the most recent game of the jets I put the balme on the defense youve got to stop teams at ctritical times and the 4th qtr with 5 mins or less left and your team is up is a critical time. The only bad streak we had was the three game thrashing by Dallas/Jets/Miami But there is a huge part me that doesnt believe that teams figured out our offense as the experts say but I truly believe Fitz was playing hurt after that huge hit he took in washington. The stats are usually the indicator when a QB is injured he throws more ints and during that three game run he was 2tds vs 7 ints and He palyed alot better this past weekend with 3 tds and 0 ints. I think he is finally healthy enough to play effectively then he was. Over all this team is learning how to win and learning how to comeback. Now if you ask me next year if the finish lower then 10-6 taht will be disappointin I believe they are moving in the right direction and as a fan of our team we shouldnt have expected playoffs this season but progress in all aspect of the team. They with the exception of our three game thrashing they have been just as much fun to watch as frustrating and its usually the defense that has been very frustrating to watch.

There is the possibility that we could win out and still be 10-6 witht he exception of the patriots none of the reaming teams are going to be that difficult to match up with on offense and we should be better against miami in Buffalo.

So the short of it is no I am not disappointed with the season. But I still get mad when the lose as I do every season. But we have something to grow from this season,

I originally said 4 wins at minimum and 7 at most so I am about right on at this point so I am not dissapointed. We need better plaers and a new def coordinator.

Definately a NEW Defensive coordinator. I think if he used any scheme or had any incling on how to stop a team when they are driving to win not so much the palyers as I believe the most rides on the defensive scheming and play calling. However I like when we get better players.

Exactly plus the team is learning to win and they have won just need them to develope the expect to win mnetality over the hope to win mentality and I have seen progress there too. However the I do have to edit a previous statment of mine it will be a disappointing season if George edwards is not fired the Morning after the fianl game of the season 27 games still no progress and cost us too many games this season.

Theres a lot of good people in these forums who try to find positives in this team. I admire your outlook but let's gets serious, this season was a failure of big proportions.

It makes me sick to hear things like "oh we'll at least we beat New England" or "well we are better than we thought they'd be." Who cares? This is the same loser mentality that's the reason we haven't been competitive for over a decade.

It's annoying that so many fans are content with losing, or are cool with people laughing when you tell them you're a Bills fan, or are ok with a team that consistently delivers a poor product year-after-year. "well a losing team is better than NO team," they'll say. Are you sure about that? I'd rather have these losers out of my town.

Face it, until things change and this team is sold, this culture of losing will continue. It starts at the top with Ralph and the men he hires to work for him. It trickles down from here.

The Buffalo Bills are considered a joke by most NFL fans and they deserve to carry that reputation with them

F

At least we beat New England! :thumbsup:

I'm disappointed that we completely felll apart during that three game stretch, but if we can finish the season strong and finish 9-7 or 8-8, I'll consider it a successful season and step in the right direction. If the team lays down and finishes 5-11 or 6-10, I will harbor serious doubts about gailey's ability to eventually get them to the playoffs.

That's understating it. I'd be thrilled. At least we would have a shot even though the Colts would own the tiebreaker for #1 overall.

To each his own, I guess. :wallbash:

(I just like to get folks 'on the record' when they opine that they'd be thrilled if the Bills were winless.)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

14 and 6 baby!!!!! B-)

"I expect to win." - Chan Gailey

F

It's not that were content with losing it's just we try as fans (unlike others) to see the positive that came out of this year and realize why we are not doing as good now as in the beginning of the season which again you along with other's apparently can't or don't want to see !!

I'll spell it out to you seeing as your so BLIND !! When you take 11 starters out of a line up that has none or very little depth this is what you get . AND if you would have paid attention instead of any number of things you were doing while both Gailey & Nix said

AND I QUOTE " the one thing that this team lacks is depth" END QUOTE then you & the other's that are looking for instant gratification might (but i freakin doubt it :nana: ) understand why we are where we are :doh: !!!

I wish I wasn't but... 12 years without playoffs, countless busted draft picks that end up being productive for other teams, and a antiquated owner who selects subpar individuals to run this team. Yeah I am HUMILIATED to be a Bills fan, especially when they completely let us down (again) this year.

I hope all of you "7-9 is better than 4-12" people are happy watching OTHER teams play in January because I'm sure not. This was a 7-9 team BEFORE we started "rebuilding" with Buddy Nix. We actually got worse after firing Jauron.

Face it - We are a pathetic franchise. No matter how many illogical yet positive comments people write, we know it's true.

The Bills are a really really really poorly run franchise and they are an embarrassment to the good people of WNY.

SCREW YOU RALLH WILSON AND BILLS FRONT OFFICE....WE DESERVE BETTER