Jerry Sullivan - Show Stevie The Money

Actually this is pretty brilliant if you ask me. Sullivan was saying you get Ralph, Nix and Gailey to sit down with him. Tell him we are going to pay you but the shennanigans on the field must MUST STOP and put stipulations in the contract to close the twitter account.

I'm all for that. I would be pretty happy giving him the big money going forward dealing with his contract like that.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sullivan's point, and his thinking behind it, went beyond tweets...His feeling is Stevie is too caught up in the whole off-the-field life that it's effecting his play on the field and costing his team in key moments...So he thinks the Bills should demand that Stevie cut out the pubic distractions and grow-up...He said it all should be in writing in the new deal...He is in favor of re-signing Stevie...

Not saying I agree or disagree...Just expanding on the thread... B-)

Stevie's twitter account has nothing to do with his play on the field.

Like a previous poster mentioned, the argument goes beyond twitter. Twitter is just one of the many off and on field distractions. Many people believe his energy should be focused elsewhere than social media and branding himself especially if he gets the big bucks contract.

Like a previous poster mentioned, the argument goes beyond twitter. Twitter is just one of the many off and on field distractions. Many people believe his energy should be focused elsewhere than social media and branding himself especially if he gets the big bucks contract.

But what's his incentive for staying in Buffalo in the first place? You think other teams are going to put lame censorship stipulations in a contract proposal?

Ummm, let me think. Pay him more in a long term deal and give him more garaunteed money then the next team. Yeah that would be incentive enough.

Do I want to sign a guy for that if he needs incentives to pay more attention to football or not be distracted by social media?

And many people are wrong to believe that NFL players should do nothing but focus on football 100% of the time. Should stevie sit on the crapper with an ipad of opposing film?

Why it is only twitter that apparently affects stevie? Oh thats right, because its the only thing the mouth breathers here can latch on to. Are personal phone calls ok? Text messages? Emails? Online shopping? All of those things are apparently not taking away from stevie's play on the field, but twitter is?

As long as it's #2 WR money and not #1 I'm good with that.

I could give a **** about his twitter account.

I Agree totally because to this point Stevie has shown that when it's crunch time we can't go to the bank when throwing it to him , so far 2 HUGE games the team has depended on him to pull out a win & he CHOKED !!!!!

Is that what Jerry Rice did for Joe , is that what Andre Reed did for Jim , is that what Lynn Swan did for Terry hell no you could always depend on those guys in the clutch & not only that but that's what they lived for !!

When the game was on the line i'll just bet they would come back to the huddle & say throw it to me i'll get it done & Stevie doesn't !!

:bag::doh::angry: GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And many people are wrong to believe that NFL players should do nothing but focus on football 100% of the time. Should stevie sit on the crapper with an ipad of opposing film?

Why it is only twitter that apparently affects stevie? Oh thats right, because its the only thing the mouth breathers here can latch on to. Are personal phone calls ok? Text messages? Emails? Online shopping? All of those things are apparently not taking away from stevie's play on the field, but twitter is?

The difference between social media like twitter and personal phone calls, personal emails, personal text messages is that they are PERSONAL and don't add distractions to the football team and not subject to public scrutiny.

Public outlets like twitter not only can offer personal and football related distractions but they have the ability to cause team distractions on the coaching staff and players as well, not to mention putting professional teams in poor national media spotlight...like the infamous "GOD" tweet. Stevie Johnson's twitter decisions are not very good when he has these bad gaffs on the football field. This year and last.

There is a big difference in your example.

I would like to see Stevie returned at a wr2 salary with boosters for production to give him a shot at wr1 money. While twitter may have some affect on a game it seems to have a much more pronounced affect on the reaction to players in the public sphere. I do not care much at all about a players tweets (are players in anyway your moral compass?) but would like to see a maturity to Stevie Johnson that seems lacking. That being said, nice work making fun of Plaxico the moron. If we can't make fun of a guy who carries a loaded hand gun to a NY club and then shoots himself resulting in two years of jail time, what can we make fun of?