Bills 2012 #1 draft pick

bisonbrigade

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upshaw would be a great pick - as would teammate Donta Hightower if he comes out after this year, his junior season.

But don't forget the o-line either - we cut Wang and need to...

Adcock

Upshaw and Hightower are both great. I have seen both of them cover backs, let alone everything else. Either of them would step right in and make this a beter defense on day 1.

Btw, Nico Johnson is a monster on the inside on that same team, Chapman is a fine DT, and the entire secondary, down to the 4th string corner, is great. Want a safety? Barron will be an all pro. And Senator, that's only the defense!!!

Williams, TE is very good, and will probably be a sleeper. Trent Richardson is a top 10 or 15 pick, but a REAL one (unlike little CJ). Roberts will be a truly fine OG and Vlachos a good OC. Maze will catch passes in this league too.

I would be thrilled if the draft 4 or 5 players from the Tide!

So anyway I just made an account here a couple weeks ago because the buffalo bills message board wouldn't let me register. Anyway as you can see I'm talking about our next couple of drafts and the decisions we should make in the upcoming drafts. For QB I think if they are still available we should choose RG III or Matt Barkley because Landry Jones scares me due to turnovers and the system he's in. I don't think Fitz will be here for more than a couple years and our QB will sit on the bench so they can have the offense built around them through the draft. If those QB's aren't available, we should either select Jeffrey/Blackmon or the best corner/3-4LB available (unless we switch schemes). Then through the rest of the draft we find the replacement for Pears (weak link) and add more O-Line/Defensive depth. Then for the 2013 draft, QB's I think we could draft are Tyler Bray (has an NFL like body/throwing motion), Tyler Wilson (MVP of Arkansas, or RGIII/Matt Barkley if they don't declare, but if we did draft a QB in the previous draft we should just keep on drafting the best defensive player available. What do you guys think?

So anyway I just made an account here a couple weeks ago because the buffalo bills message board wouldn't let me register. Anyway as you can see I'm talking about our next couple of drafts and the decisions we should make in the upcoming drafts. For QB I think if they are still available we should choose RG III or Matt Barkley because Landry Jones scares me due to turnovers and the system he's in. I don't think Fitz will be here for more than a couple years and our QB will sit on the bench so they can have the offense built around them through the draft. If those QB's aren't available, we should either select Jeffrey/Blackmon or the best corner/3-4LB available (unless we switch schemes). Then through the rest of the draft we find the replacement for Pears (weak link) and add more O-Line/Defensive depth. Then for the 2013 draft, QB's I think we could draft are Tyler Bray (has an NFL like body/throwing motion), Tyler Wilson (MVP of Arkansas, or RGIII/Matt Barkley if they don't declare, but if we did draft a QB in the previous draft we should just keep on drafting the best defensive player available. What do you guys think?

I think the Bills will draft the best player available at a position of need in the first round. I really don't think they will draft a QB unless one they really covet slides to our pick. The guys you mentioned (Barkley/RG3) likely will not be on the board when we pick. Wide receiver is a possibility, but with the WR depth in this draft, I highly doubt they go for one in the first. That leaves defense, and I could see them going for either the best pass rushing OLB available, or a big, physical defensive back.

BTW....I disagree with your evaluation of Pears. While I'm not opposed to drafting OL depth, I think Pears has played very consistently throughout the season. He may not be our "RT of the future," but he will do nicely while we address positions of greater need.

If they just tacked up players pictures on a wall and threw darts they couldn't do any worse than they have been.

The truly sickening thing is if they just spent a couple bucks on one of those draft guide magazines and did whatever it said to do they'd be better off over the past decade.

The truly sickening thing is if they just spent a couple bucks on one of those draft guide magazines and did whatever it said to do they'd be better off over the past decade.

idk, aaron maybin went pretty high in a lot of those magazines. yet idk why we try getting creative with CJ, when that clearly wasnt a position of need

If I had to guess their direction, based on who seems to be there at pick ~#14 right now, I'd say (in my best-guess order):

RD1=OLB-Premier Pass Rusher(Courtney Upshaw/Whitney Mercilus/), solid CB (Alfonzo Dennard/Janoris Jenkins)

RD2=CB-Starter(Minnifield),#2WR(Jeff Fuller/Nick Toon),Pass Rush DE(Devon Still,Guyton),OLB(Irvin,Paige-Moss)

RD3=QB-Mobile Accurate(T Wilson, K Moore, R Griffin),CB (Fletcher,Boykin),OT (Nate Potter),OLB Alex Okafor)

RD4=OC depth(Vlachos,Brewster),DE(Trevor Guyton),WR(A.J.Jenkins/Kendall Wright/Marvin McNutt)

RD4=OT (Brandon Mosley),WR if BPA (A.J.Jenkins/Kendall Wright/Marvin McNutt),CB (Shaun Prater,Leonard Johnson)

RD5=DE (Izaan Cross), TE (Lutzenkirchen,Deangelo Peterson, Linthicum), #2RB (Martin-BoiseSt/Dan Herron)

RD6=WR (Jermaine Kearse,Jordan White),OC depth (Saulsberry, Molk),OT depth (Markus Zucevics,Oglesby)

RD7=CB-Dime(Keith Tandy),TE(George Bryan),WR(Cobi Hamilton),#3RB(Bobby Rainey,Edwin Baker)

They aren't gonna pick a 1st rd QB.

This is a good bet. The Bills only have one first round pick this year and haven't picked a QB with their first selection in any draft since 1960 when they took Richie Lucas of Penn State.

Now, if they had a SECOND first round pick they might take a flyer(they did take Kelly and Losman with second choices in the first round).

It's kind of amazing that they haven't had a single draft in 50 years where they thought there was a draftable QB prospect worthy of their precious first pick. They've used about 20 of those picks on RB's and CB's, but no QB's. Surprisingly, that hasn't lead to on-field success.

If I had to guess their direction, based on who seems to be there at pick ~#14 right now, I'd say (in my best-guess order):

RD1=OLB-Premier Pass Rusher(Courtney Upshaw/Whitney Mercilus/), solid CB (Alfonzo Dennard/Janoris Jenkins)

RD2=CB-Starter(Minnifield),#2WR(Jeff Fuller/Nick Toon),Pass Rush DE(Devon Still,Guyton),OLB(Irvin,Paige-Moss)

RD3=QB-Mobile Accurate(T Wilson, K Moore, R Griffin),CB (Fletcher,Boykin),OT (Nate Potter),OLB Alex Okafor)

RD4=OC depth(Vlachos,Brewster),DE(Trevor Guyton),WR(A.J.Jenkins/Kendall Wright/Marvin McNutt)

RD4=OT (Brandon Mosley),WR if BPA (A.J.Jenkins/Kendall Wright/Marvin McNutt),CB (Shaun Prater,Leonard Johnson)

RD5=DE (Izaan Cross), TE (Lutzenkirchen,Deangelo Peterson, Linthicum), #2RB (Martin-BoiseSt/Dan Herron)

RD6=WR (Jermaine Kearse,Jordan White),OC depth (Saulsberry, Molk),OT depth (Markus Zucevics,Oglesby)

RD7=CB-Dime(Keith Tandy),TE(George Bryan),WR(Cobi Hamilton),#3RB(Bobby Rainey,Edwin Baker)

If RG3 enters the draft and lasts until the third round it's hat-eating time. If the Bills lost every game from here on out I still don't think they would draft high enough in round 1 to take him.

Then Levitre could work his magic on Adcock and get him to play hard for 4 hours.

I envision the support section of the Bills OL sporting "members only" jackets

Edited by Dick Drawn

I envision the support section of the Bills OL sporting "members only" jackets

The o-line themselves might have to wear "enhanced" athletic supporters and cups.

The o-line support section meanwhile would have to decide on a color.

http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/L13502803.jpg

There's a lot of work to do but this comes at a good time with all the Black Friday specials and all. We might be able to pull all of this together in time for the Chargers game.