Here's a stat for you: Add up our points in the last three games

SDS

Ugh, we also used to average 30 points per game... and for 3 weeks we havent even scored that many

Its not surprising. In the last ten games a year ago, the Bills scored 20 points only once. The Bills' solution? Get rid of the only proven WR on the roster and wait 122 picks to add any help to the offense. Gailey did exceptionally well early in the season given what he had to work with, but now, somewhat predicably, teams have figured it out and we're seeing the lack of talent on that side of the ball as well.

Its not surprising. In the last ten games a year ago, the Bills scored 20 points only once. The Bills' solution? Get rid of the only proven WR on the roster and wait 122 picks to add any help to the offense. Gailey did exceptionally well early in the season given what he had to work with, but now, somewhat predicably, teams have figured it out and we're seeing the lack of talent on that side of the ball as well.

yeah, cause Lee Evans showed us last season that he can be the difference maker and would have made a difference in these losses

I'm sure Baltimore would let the Bills have him back for a 7th right now if they could

Also, So last season with Lee, in the last 10 games, the Bills offence scored 20 points only once. This season, in the first 6 games they averaged 30 points, without Lee. So your saying with Lee (and pretty much the same offence as last year), the offence wouldn't be struggling now?

Edited by apuszczalowski

yeah, cause Lee Evans showed us last season that he can be the difference maker and would have made a difference in these losses

I'm sure Baltimore would let the Bills have him back for a 7th right now if they could

I'm not necessarily saying he would have made a difference. What I am saying is that the Bills offense sucked a** last year, as it has for about a decade now, and they made no real attempt to improve it. The end result has been predictable.

I'm not necessarily saying he would have made a difference. What I am saying is that the Bills offense sucked a** last year, as it has for about a decade now, and they made no real attempt to improve it. The end result has been predictable.

maybe its because everyone says you have to have a defence because "Defence wins championships". The offence didn't get any worse this season, it may have actually been an improvement up until the last few weeks.

maybe its because everyone says you have to have a defence because "Defence wins championships". The offence didn't get any worse this season, it may have actually been an improvement up until the last few weeks.

I've always disagreed with the phrase "defense wins championships." Why is defense so much more important than offense in winning championships?

Look at the last ten Super Bowls:

2002: Patriots (Brady) over Rams (Warner)

2003: Bucs (Brad Johnson) over Raiders (Gannon)

2004: Patriots (Brady) over Panthers (Delhomme)

2005: Patriots (Brady) over Eagles (McNabb)

2006: Steelers (Roethlisberger) over Seahawks (Hasselbeck)

2007: Colts (Manning) over Bears (Grossman)

2008: Giants (Eli Manning) over Patriots (Brady)

2009: Steelers (Roethlisberger) over Cardinals (Warner)

2010: Saints (Brees) over Colts (Manning)

2011: Packers (Rodgers) over Steelers (Roethlisberger)

With the exception of Brad Johnson, every quarterback on the Super Bowl winning team over the last decade has been a franchise QB. Even Brad Johnson played well enough to be selected to the Pro Bowl the year the Bucs won. If defense wins championships, then why does practically every Super Bowl winner have an elite quarterback? Why do most of the teams that lost the Super Bowl also have franchise quarterbacks? Is this just a coincidence? Or might it be that the offense also has a little something to do with whether the team wins or loses championships?

Dont judge a WR by how good is offense is. Does he finish blocks, get open, have good hands etc. Evans was awesome and we could use him now. If you don't see that you watch too much hockey....

I think they lost the continuity on the OL. The OL is the key to success of the passing offense and we just have had too much injuries to overcome in that area, especially with such a lack of depth. When the OL played together the first 4 games, we were 4-0. Out goes Bell and we have to move LEvitre around, and things have gone south since then. Then goes Eric Wood and that is the end of our quest for a playoff berth.

The Defense on the other hand has been a whole another story. That lies in the lap of the DC Edwards.