Stevie Johnson Stock Dropping.....

BuffaloWest

Stevie Johnson's stock continues to drop.

He has fallen behind second and third receivers in the league.

He is currently ranked at #33-NO BUENO.

Yes the team sucks, line, QB etc, but there are players on worse teams that rank higher.

Dont sign this guy as a #1-He isnt worth $9-$10 million a year, maybe $6 Million...

I like him-he just isnt a top tier guy. Great #2 though.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards/year/2011/seasontype/2

Fred is still solid as #3 running back in league-PAY THIS GUY....Not Johnson.

ALSO-Why on earth didnt the Bills sign Gronkowski-The guy is a beast, hometown kid-He would have been the face of the franchise...but we take Torrel Troup-someone nobody ever even heard of. He's a bust after one and a half season.

Nice going Nix!

This just confirms my suspicion that Ralph, Littman, and Overdorf instructed Nix and Gailey to purposely make Stevie less of a focal point in the offense so that his stats would suffer and his asking price would go down.

Does anyone REALLY think Freddy is injured? I think not.

GO BILLS!!!

<br />Stevie Johnson's stock continues to drop.<br />He has fallen behind second and third receivers in the league.<br />He is currently ranked at #33-NO BUENO.<br />Yes the team sucks, line, QB etc, but there are players on worse teams that rank higher.<br />Dont sign this guy as a #1-He isnt worth $9-$10 million a year, maybe $6 Million...<br />I like him-he just isnt a top tier guy. Great #2 though.<br /><br /><a href='http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards/year/2011/seasontype/2' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://espn.go.com/n...11/seasontype/2</a><br /><br /><br />Fred is still solid as #3 running back in league-PAY THIS GUY....Not Johnson.<br /><br />ALSO-Why on earth didnt the Bills sign Gronkowski-The guy is a beast, hometown kid-He would have been the face of the franchise...but we take Torrel Troup-someone nobody ever even heard of. He's a bust after one and a half season.<br />Nice going Nix!<br />
I agree with everything said. The troupe pick is getting more painful as Gronkowski gets better and better. I've all but given up on troupe. Never seen the guy do anything productive on the field. Ever.

Yes the team sucks, line, QB etc, but there are players on worse teams that rank higher.

Dont sign this guy as a #1-He isnt worth $9-$10 million a year, maybe $6 Million...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards/year/2011/seasontype/2

ALSO-Why on earth didnt the Bills sign Gronkowski-The guy is a beast, hometown kid-He would have been the face of the franchise...but we take Torrel Troup-someone nobody ever even heard of. He's a bust after one and a half season.

Nice going Nix!

Everyone is a genius in hindsight.

Everyone is a genius in hindsight.

No. There are lots of picks you cannot blame the Bills on. #1 on that list would be Mike Williams. Leodis McKelvin went where he was supposed to. I loved the James Hardy pick at the time. Even Maybin went about where he was projected. But Rob Gronkowski was the most blatantly obvious pick just sitting there, staring us in the face in the 2nd round. We could've gotten Troup in the 3rd round for Christ sake. Before his junior season when he got hurt, Gronkowski was projected as a top ten pick in the entire draft. The guy is- right now today- one of the top 20-25 players in the National Football League. It is absolutely inexcusable that he is not on our football team.

This just confirms my suspicion that Ralph, Littman, and Overdorf instructed Nix and Gailey to purposely make Stevie less of a focal point in the offense so that his stats would suffer and his asking price would go down.

GO BILLS!!!

Stevie is so banged up they really should not have played him against Miami. He looked like an 85 year old man out there. His groin and shoulder are clearly bothering him. He couldn't reach over his head for passes that he normally would have caught. I was amazed he got up after some of the hits he took. I hope that with Aiken on the 53 man roster, they use Nelson, Aiken and Roosevelt more and protect Stevie's health for a week or two. Nelson was throwing up behind the bench in Miami, so it's no surprise that he was pretty useless on the field. I assume that whatever was wrong with Nelson will be better by this week's game.

GO BILLS!!!

More great analysis from yet another Ralph is cheap nut job. He is 90. The only things he worries about is who is going to change his diaper and if he's going to wake up the next morning. Get some perspective.

Anyways Stevie J was never a number 1 quality WR in my opinion. Neither was Lee Evans for that matter. The inconsistencies in both their numbers prove it. They both are taken out of games way to easy. It seems he could make a decent number 2 though. A prototypical WR w/ better size, speed, and balance would be nice as a number 1.

More great analysis from yet another Ralph is cheap nut job. He is 90. The only things he worries about is who is going to change his diaper and if he's going to wake up the next morning. Get some perspective.

Anyways Stevie J was never a number 1 quality WR in my opinion. Neither was Lee Evans for that matter. The inconsistencies in both their numbers prove it. They both are taken out of games way to easy. It seems he could make a decent number 2 though. A prototypical WR w/ better size, speed, and balance would be nice as a number 1.

Sarcasm. Try it sometime.

GO BILLS!!!

Who cares if Stevie stays or goes? He is easily replaced with some other schlub with a big mouth and bad hands. Let me name some number ones and then we'll put Stevies name next to them:

Calvin Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Andre Johnson

Anquan Boldin

Steve Johnson

One of these things is not like the other....one of these things does not belong

Who cares if Stevie stays or goes? He is easily replaced with some other schlub with a big mouth and bad hands. Let me name some number ones and then we'll put Stevies name next to them:

Calvin Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Andre Johnson

Anquan Boldin

Steve Johnson

One of these things is not like the other....one of these things does not belong

Excellent post and I totally agree. A little cruel, though. I don't want to disrespect Stevie, I think he is very good and has been playing hurt. But he is just not in the same class as the other names on your list. The other guys are big, mean, fast, and will fight for every ball. That kind of talent doesn't come along very often.

Nice going Nix!

As much as I would LOVE to take another shot at the Lee Evans haters/Stevie Johnson supporters I can't. Stevie is good talent. We need to keep him. We don't need to pay him $10 million a year but we need to keep talent not let it walk. That's how bad teams get better.

Ever wonder why we have RARELY ever had more than one good WR on the team at the same time? As soon as the #2 starts to become a contributor we run the #1 out of town. For some idiotic reason Bills fans are always running a starter out of town in favor of their pet players. I was in favor of keeping Marshawn AND Freddie. Instead....we spend the #9 overall pick in last years draft on ANOTHER rb.

See how that works? You can't use your high draft picks to improve areas of weakness if you keep turning areas of strength into weaknesses by trading or releasing good players. Keep the good ones! Replace the bad ones! Pretty freaking simple but for some reason the idiots who have been running the show for the last 10 - 15 years don't get it.

Edited by PDaDdy

No. There are lots of picks you cannot blame the Bills on. #1 on that list would be Mike Williams. Leodis McKelvin went where he was supposed to. I loved the James Hardy pick at the time. Even Maybin went about where he was projected. But Rob Gronkowski was the most blatantly obvious pick just sitting there, staring us in the face in the 2nd round. We could've gotten Troup in the 3rd round for Christ sake. Before his junior season when he got hurt, Gronkowski was projected as a top ten pick in the entire draft. The guy is- right now today- one of the top 20-25 players in the National Football League. It is absolutely inexcusable that he is not on our football team.

But don't forget that Rob is who he is today because they also have the best QB in the league. After all you need to have some one throw the ball accurately.