Just met Marv Levy

outsidethebox

Just happened to go to Wegmans in Chili tonight and saw Marv signing autographs. So I quickly got a ticket and purchased his book and stood in line. What a kind and gracious man Marv is! It brought back some great memories as I stood in line waiting. Made me feel like a kid again! LOL! Makes me proud to be a Bills fan!

FYI, I was wearing my Bills hat when I went to the store. Always proud to be a Bills fan win or lose! What a great day!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

Levy got a bad rap for his time as a Bills GM. He (reluctantly) accepted the job of bringing order and consensus back to the organization (in a two-year deal) that smelled of back room bargaining to appease the fans. He accomplished what he was asked to do and moved on.

Don't you get the feeling that Ralph Wilson just lets things slide as much as possible until Overdorf or Littman says "we have to do some token move because the peasants are getting restless again?" Then they bring in T.O. or extend Kelsay or take some other small step to create a smokescreen.

Marv is a class act. I agree he got a bad rap as a pseudo-GM when everyone seems to forget things were 20 times worse than they were when Jauron left. The mood about the team/organization following Donahoe was horrendous.

Do you find it ironic too that the best players on the team were players he brought in despite only being here two years....K Williams, Fitzpatrick, Fred Jackson.

Class act, great guy and glad to see he is still very active.

And BTW Kent Hull only spoke glowingly about Marv and credited him with so much of the success of those teams in the late 80s and early 90s. He loved Marv!

Alright pal, I also respect those who would hunt, it's just not for me. I eat venison hunted by my friends every year. I am comfortable in my hypocrisy of eating lots of meat, but not understanding how, like I said, standing in the woods all day and killing an animal sounds like a fun way to spend my time. Tofu is absolutely disgusting. But wait- did you just, in one response, tell me to get off a Buffalo Bills board because I don't hunt and then say Marv Levy sucked as a coach? Gotcha.

When I was a kid my best friends dad was a big hunter. He tried to get his son to hunt but he never cared for it. Said the same thing, your in the woods, it is freezing out, nothing to do & some days you do not even see a deer. He hated it. One day he was telling me his dad took him out in the morning. He is up in a tree stand. Did not see one thing all day. Bored out of his mind. At the end of the afternoon he starts to climb down the tree stand & notices a chipmunk a few yards away getting an acorn or something off the ground. He tells me he pauses for a minute. thinks to himself, what the hell, points his rifle at the chipmunk & blows him away. He said the only thing left was a little bit of his tail. For the chipmunk, talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I still laugh when I think of the story even to this day.

I don't know why turds like you continue to trot out this mindless statement as if you're basing it on a proven fact or theory. I can rattle off a couple million people who most likely defintiely couldn't have coached that team to four straight Super Bowls. Let's see, there's YOU, Richie Kotite, Norv Turner, Gregg Williams, Dick Jauron, Andy Reid, Wade Phillips, Bum Phillips, Wilson Phillips (sorry), Jim Mora, Chan Gailey, Dennis Green...

I know you probably haven't left mom's basement in many years, but this isn't like playing Madden '98. Being an NFL head coach requires a bit more than showing up on Sunday and pointing where to line up and what play to run. How do you know Marv's motivation tactics and, in turn, the players' undying respect and trust in him didn't fuel those Super Bowl runs? You know how it easy it would have been for those crazy-ass egos to tune Marv out and just give up after two Super Bowl losses, nevermind three?

Talent obviously is a huge part, but there were teams as talented as the Bills during that era and there have been many since. Yet, I don't see any other HC with a run of four consecutive Super Bowl appearances, do you?

Get a clue.

I also think that Marv had a lot or at least some say in who to get for that talent. Bill Polian and John Butler would say that he was their mentor, not the other way around. You think they didn't listen to his input?

I don't know why turds like you continue to trot out this mindless statement as if you're basing it on a proven fact or theory. I can rattle off a couple million people who most likely defintiely couldn't have coached that team to four straight Super Bowls. Let's see, there's YOU, Richie Kotite, Norv Turner, Gregg Williams, Dick Jauron, Andy Reid, Wade Phillips, Bum Phillips, Wilson Phillips (sorry), Jim Mora, Chan Gailey, Dennis Green...

I know you probably haven't left mom's basement in many years, but this isn't like playing Madden '98. Being an NFL head coach requires a bit more than showing up on Sunday and pointing where to line up and what play to run. How do you know Marv's motivation tactics and, in turn, the players' undying respect and trust in him didn't fuel those Super Bowl runs? You know how it easy it would have been for those crazy-ass egos to tune Marv out and just give up after two Super Bowl losses, nevermind three?

Talent obviously is a huge part, but there were teams as talented as the Bills during that era and there have been many since. Yet, I don't see any other HC with a run of four consecutive Super Bowl appearances, do you?

Get a clue.

Better yet, he should ask guys like Jim Kelly, Darryl Talley, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, etc if THEY feel that another coach could have gotten them to 4 straight super bowls. I think i would value their opinion a little bit more :rolleyes: .