I'm no fan of NASCAR or the Obamas

/dev/null

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But this was uncalled for:

http://tv.breitbart.com/nascar-crowd-boos-michalle-obama/

I'm sure she's just as enthused to be there. Show some respect, clap politely, and it will be over soon enough.

then she shouldn't have gone... She AND Jill Biden might have shown a little respect, and stayed away. It's no secret most NASCAR fans are conservative, and have no use for this POTUS, VPOTUS or their policies. To enter this arena in the first place was an attempt to draw out the same criticism we have seen already on this thread as folks pull the race card...

Get a life folks... It's the economy stupid!!!!!

then she shouldn't have gone... She AND Jill Biden might have shown a little respect, and stayed away. It's no secret most NASCAR fans are conservative, and have no use for this POTUS, VPOTUS or their policies. To enter this arena in the first place was an attempt to draw out the same criticism we have seen already on this thread as folks pull the race card...

Get a life folks... It's the economy stupid!!!!!

You're right....at least the last sentence. If the FLOTUS shows up for an event, she deserves common courtesy. There is no debate here. End thread.

It's this classless approach to our leadership that needs to go. Regardless of political persuasion, you respect the office and all it represents. If you disagree with the current situation, as I do, you get behind what you believe in and then you vote accordingly.

You're right....at least the last sentence. If the FLOTUS shows up for an event, she deserves common courtesy. There is no debate here. End thread.

It's this classless approach to our leadership that needs to go. Regardless of political persuasion, you respect the office and all it represents. If you disagree with the current situation, as I do, you get behind what you believe in and then you vote accordingly.

Hmmmmm.... go away now.....

You want to question my respect for the OFFICE of POTUS!!! I'll be da**ed if the person holding that office deserves my respect. I, as an individual, holds more respect for that office than you will ever imagine, and would, without hesitation, throw myself in harms way to protect that office, and the person currently holding it.

But that does not mean for one SECOND, that I have to follow lock step with the PRINCIPLES of that person!!!

It sucks actually that I hold more respect for that office than the one who holds it!!!

Dave does not go to rally's. He is a fine upstanding man. Just ask his best friend 3rdrate.

Booster, you are on a crusade and are proving over and over that you aren't very bright. I have a serious question for you-----------------------have you ever read anything longer than a bumper sticker?

There is no "office" of First Lady. Whether its Michelle, or Laura, or any wife, no one voted for them. Now if you want to argue that no one should have booed because you should be courteous to a woman, then maybe I could agree. But they were there for political reasons and they took their chances as far as any reaction they recieved.

You know, maybe it's me, but booing Michelle Obama just doesn't outrage me as much as people rioting and destroying property (aka #OWS)................................and now comes this tremendous "outrage" from the left all across the blogsphere, I probably wouldn't have booed FLOTUS but I will not be lectured about civility by people who support #OWS. Not gonna happen.

Edited by B-Man

Can anyone explain to me what's behind the idea of respecting the office and what exactly that means?

It means when the guy who has similar political stripes as oneself is in there, we all should demur and make nice.

When it's someone from the other side of the aisle, we all should call him a war criminal and hang him in effigy.

Booster, you are on a crusade and are proving over and over that you aren't very bright. I have a serious question for you-----------------------have you ever read anything longer than a bumper sticker?

As far as books go I tend to read say 3 a week. Since I am a speed reader of sorts, I tend to read say 40-60 articles a day. Why do you ask?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At about the 11 second mark you can faintly hear someone screaming "stop spamming my Yahoo mail!" Any guesses who that might be?

As far as books go I tend to read say 3 a week. Since I am a speed reader of sorts, I tend to read say 40-60 articles a day. Why do you ask?

BULLSH*T!! We all know Oprah only gives ONE recommendation per week, so unless you're reading the same book 3 times in a week, there's no way you be able to choose and read two more books in a week.

It means when the guy who has similar political stripes as oneself is in there, we all should demur and make nice.

When it's someone from the other side of the aisle, we all should call him a war criminal and hang him in effigy.

Touché. Mistakes were made when President Bush was in office- but what people fail to mention is that Congress signed off on ALL of those mistakes. The war, the overspending, EVERYTHING.

Anyone who takes the office of POTUS, sacrifices a lot. Sure, heavy is the head that wars the crown, but people need to separate the person from the President.

I think you're right on the money with that. I expected a lot of vitriolic responses since so many reflexively give the line about how much respect they have for the office without ever offering a reason as to why.