Does CJ Spiller want to play football?

I'm a supporter of CJ but honestly he seems afraid of being hit.

I want to be a supporter of CJ, and .... that's exactly what I think I'm seeing.

The thing is, he wound up getting hit harder and more awkwardly than if he'd just kept driving forward.

He would have got hit but not plastered sideways and he would have had the TD to decrease the pain.

That 1st and goal thing. A straight ahead "drive and dive" or power with his legs, he breaks the plane.

Instead he gets pwn'd.

One key characteristic of a quality runningback is enjoying the hit, enjoying the matchup, fighting to WIN the matchup.

Does CJ really want to play football? Or does he only enjoy a game of tag?

He has no power in his legs........Chalk him up there with our other wonderful draft picks over the past 12 years: Erik Flowers, Mike Williams, JP LOSTMAN, Willis McLazy, Donte Whitner, Aaron Maybin, Marshawn Lynch.........may as well throw in Lee Evans.

I want to be a supporter of CJ, and .... that's exactly what I think I'm seeing.

The thing is, he wound up getting hit harder and more awkwardly than if he'd just kept driving forward.

He would have got hit but not plastered sideways and he would have had the TD to decrease the pain.

I agree and I saw that all to often today from running backs, receivers, etc. On the other hand I saws ay to many times that we wrapped up a Dolphin receiver/running back, etc. falling forward after the hit for positive yardage. This is not something new, it's happened in game after game this year and for what ever reason we just fall down short of the line. I'm not talking about CJ specifically, but lately Fred, the receivers,etc. have not been following through, (or running through) the defenders. If we get a yard because, (although the rb/rc was tackled for short yds.) the rb/rc fell forward, I'll take it.

The Bills are playing scared. By this I mean the players, not the Coaching staff. Somehow the Coaches have to inspire these guys to give it all up and go forward. Maybe the fact that a number of starters are out will inspire the backups to step it up. After all where did Fitz, Stevie, George Wilson, Freddie, come from?

Fitz didn't have his most stellar day today, however I feel that under the circumstanes he did his best. A number of freak accidents have hurt us tremendously, the lack of a consistent pass blocking scheme (due to the above), the suffling of the OL (due to the above), no consistent pressure on the oppossing offense, (running or passing gsme), doomed us for the past two games.

Maybe it's a lack of talent, maybe it's lack of coaching, maybe it's lack of luck (you can't blame broken legs, dislocated shoulders, achlilles tendon tears, etc. on the training staff). However, we have to fight through it and the guys that came in today didn't get it done.

I'm not sure we're there yet, but I feel confident that between the injured vets, and the newbies we'll see for the rest of the season willbuild the nucleus of a very good team.

Take heart Bills fans,

Go Bills

That 1st and goal thing. A straight ahead "drive and dive" or power with his legs, he breaks the plane.

Instead he gets pwn'd.

One key characteristic of a quality runningback is enjoying the hit, enjoying the matchup, fighting to WIN the matchup.

Does CJ really want to play football? Or does he only enjoy a game of tag?

He shows no understanding of what it takes to play in the NFL. The run off tackle was wide open but he ran soft and pranced slowly to the line with his body straight up. We all know he cannot and will not block.

So far he is a major waste of a draft pick. We need tougher players.

Edited by Bob in STL

A pass rusher would've made a lot of sense, but we also need a WR with TO/Reed being on the outs. Instead we go with the RB. Wasn't upset when they made the selection but this team has needs and they ignored them with that selection.