Official Bills vs Dolphins game thread

Just Jack

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What no one is talking about is how much the past 3 games have exposed Buddy Nix as a GM. He might be the most complacent, out of touch GM in the league if you look at how bad he has been at making intelligent roster decisions.

1) Fitz. I was against the Fitz decision big time, though I understood the goal was to sign him before his value sky rocketed. My opinion was that he was riding a wave that was about to crash (aka, the past couple of games), and his value had peaked when they signed him. I'm not gonna criticize them too much, bc who could have known this much of a disaster was on the horizon, BUT, the job of a GM is to have some foresight and awareness of talent. Fitz is adequate, but he'll never be good enough to take the Bills where they need to go.

2) Offensive line. Buddy went into this season having done nothing to add depth to the O line. In fact, he got decent veteran in Geoff Hangartner, who, oh, COULD HAVE BEEN STARTING FOR AN INJURED WOOD RIGHT NOW! Instead, the BIlls have been forced to use Andy Levitre out of position for a month, playing positions he has no business playing. They were even starting a rookie at LT for a few games. Luckily, Hairston held up far better than most rookies, but the point is, it was irresponsible to head into these season with this shallow of a roster.

3) WR. While Fitz has plummeted back to earth, the WR corp never really left the ground. These guys just aren't that talented. Stevie, who Bills fans love, is good, but he isn't a number 1. He isn't physical enough and doesn't have the speed to make up for the fact that he can't beat the bump and run. Nelson is good in the slot, but not much more. And Donald Jones..i mean Donald Jones. HOW COULD the Bills mark this guy as a starting WR? I know they lost Roscoe and Easley, but still. Trading Evans for a 4th round pick doesn't matter when you're GM can't manage a roster.

Its honestly too bad. I didn't expect the Bills to have a winning record, what bothers me is that the more they play, the worse they get. The roster mismanagement is really concerning, especially for a team that is supposed to be rebuilding. It will be interesting to see what happens. But fans are crazy if they don't think Buddy should be on the hot seat.

(I didn't bring up his awful drafting, btw. But just look at his 2010 draft and outside of Carrington, tell me who's actually made an impact. And please don't tell me Arthur Moats, another guy Bills think is really good but if you ask them why, they have nothing to point to).

Some good points here.

I am disgusted with this team the past 3 weeks. Getting dominated at home by the Jets, caught Dallas on a good day, and the dolphins are kicking our ass. At the beginning of the year I really thought this might be our year for a merical, but now reality has set in. We really have no depth. here is my run down.

1. We have no true number one reciever. Many of you didn't like Evans, but he was our one and only true number one reciever. Johnson is just a solid number two or a possession reciever. And we have no depth at WR nobody on our roster is worth bragging about. Unfortunatly we are stuck, we can't afford a high draft pick on a WR this year and we have noone else to go to in the off season. Johnson is going to get some money and stay in Buffalo I just hope we don't over pay him. We should try and get D. Jackson from the Eagles since we have a good relationship with them and sign Jackson to a big deal. (I know I am dreaming but I think this guy needs a change of scenery)

2. We have no back-up center. A back-up center is important as we can all see from the Miami game. Andy is an awesome guard, but a center he is not. He threw the timing off on a lot of plays today but low snaps or just bad snaps. We should have kept Hangman for this reason alone, plus Hangman was a decent guard if needed.

3. We need to rush the QB more. I am tired of not rushing anyone but the 3 ro 4 linemen. I would rather get beat by brining the house and putting some preasure on QB's then just letting them sit back there and pick us apart.

4. We need to man-up. We are getting bullied on the field the past three weeks. What happened to the team that would come back from 17 down to the Raiders or 21 by the Pats. Where is that attitude and focus. These guys today have lost the game in the first quarter both weeks. At least against the Jets we hung in there until half time. This week someone needs to step up and call for an all players meeting and call some players out in the locker room. Don't bring it out of the locker room just keep it there. It will make our team stronger for the stretch run and we might have some fun again. I can't even watch em play anymore. Last year's 0-8 team was way more fun to watch then this.

5. SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE CHAN AND FIRE EDWARDS this week. He is in way over his head. This should be a no brainer and I can't believe he still has a job. His players on Defense aren't even playing for him. None of them are having fun at all and can't stop anyone. We have some players over there and I think if they start having fun again the plays will come with it.

6. I hate to say it but get CJ more involved with the offense. All the teams we have watched the past couple of weeks use a double threat at running back. He had a nice catch on the first play of the game and then nothing. We need him involved.

7. To be honest I like our LT depth, and Hairston might be the starter next year if you ask me. The reason I say that is because you can't count on Bell for nothing he is only good for 3 or 4 games a year then nothing (back-up material). Mark my words he will play again this year towards the end just to keep his job.

8. We are still two good drafts away from a winner. I love this team and I am sorry I like what Chan and Nix are doing. Every team hits a skid in the season. The good thing is as bad as it is right now the season isn't over. I would have loved to beat the Dolphins this week but a win next week will cure that. If we lose every game going out that isn't a bad thing either with all our injuries. We need another top 10 pick. That is the only way we will get Hightower up here.

For all the complaining about the defense, they have actually played pretty well for the last couple of quarters. If the offense could have finished some drives today...

The offense was bad, but the defense didn't give us a chance the last 2 games. Getting down big that early basically takes Freddy out of the game. He is our best player and should have gotten a raise before Fitzpatrick.

Lots of blame on the offense. Ten dropped balls. OL beaten, Fitz missing, not tough enough.

This. Plenty of blame to go around.

Football is a tough game. We are playing like we want flag harnesses.

And that's not even contemplating the defense. Did they even get on the plane?

Edited by Hopeful

Comp Att Comp% Yds Avg TD TD& Int Int% RTG Sck Yds Games Wins Losts Pct

Fitzpatrick 592 999 59.3 6707 6.71 48 4.8 39 3.9 79.2 57 347 31 13 18 .419

Edwards 535 878 60.9 5739 6.54 25 2.8 27 3.1 76.8 65 450 32 14 18 .438

I know Fitzmagic is better but no much

Edited by VIVA BUFFALO CABRONES!

Buddy Nix - lack of player depth, extending Fitz midseason, drafting and signing gimmicky free agents instead of positional needs like -ol, linebacker etc. Overall mediocre to poor drafts. Really the only player that is starter material is Dareus.

We are in a lot of trouble folks. The sad thing is, as bad as our defense has been our offense is just as bad and our head coach does not seem to be able to utilize many of players that we consider to have "potential".