Stevie Johnson

BuffaloWest

The Bills would be wise to resign Stevie...he is good, but not great.

His numbers don't indicate that he is a #1 reciever.

The BIlls should NOT pay him as a top receiver , definetly not top 10 money.Pay him what he is-the #25 receiver in the league. Each week he is losing leverage on a new deal. He is a solid #2, who would excel with a top threat dominant WR at #1.....

The Bills SHOULD go after Vincent Jackson who is a dominant reciever having a bad season on a bad San Diego team.He is still top 10 even on a down year...

VJ wants out of San Diego, and the Chargers have an emerging rookie in Vincent Brown.

Buddy should be able to get this one done!

The Bills would be wise to resign Stevie...he is good, but not great.

His numbers don't indicate that he is a #1 reciever.

The BIlls should NOT pay him as a top receiver , definetly not top 10 money.Pay him what he is-the #25 receiver in the league. Each week he is losing leverage on a new deal. He is a solid #2, who would excel with a top threat dominant WR at #1.....

The Bills SHOULD go after Vincent Jackson who is a dominant reciever having a bad season on a bad San Diego team.He is still top 10 even on a down year...

VJ wants out of San Diego, and the Chargers have an emerging rookie in Vincent Brown.

Buddy should be able to get this one done!

Vincent Jackson has ego problems and probably wouldn't want to play in Buffalo. I see him going to a team like New England, Baltimore, San Francisco, or staying in San Diego (I'm pretty sure he's only unhappy for financial reasons).

That being said, we definitely should address WR in the offseason, and preferably through free agency rather than the draft. We've got a shot at a number of decent linebackers and cornerbacks, both positions with a greater success rate than first-round wide receivers. That being said, NFL teams have done remarkably well at drafting first-round wideouts, and players in general, over the past three years.

I'd like to resign Stevie and go after Dwayne Bowe and John Carlson, the latter of whom is a TE that fits the Bills' style (more of a blocker than a receiver, but with decent hands and speed).

Demetrius Bell is seriously underrated, in my opinion, and I won't be happy if he leaves the team after this year. We've proven that we lack depth, and I think Pears would be an ideal backup on the right side.

On the other side of the ball, I'd love to pick up someone like Anthony Spencer or Curtis Lofton; Spencer would be a great replacement for Merriman, and I think Lofton can play inside a 3-4 defense.

There are also a number of top-notch corners available next year, like Brent Grimes, Cortland Finnegan, and Brandon Carr.

No matter whom the Bills draft this coming year, I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't resign our top free agents, Fred, and one or two of the above players with all the cap room we have. If we were to draft, say, Courtney Upshaw, keep Jackson + Bell, and sign Dwayne Bowe, we'd be in great shape next year.

If the Bills don't offer him top WR money, he'll go elsewhere. It's not rocket science.

And... it's looking like that's going to happen.

Next year we'll have Donald Jones as our premier WR. :)

Your assumption is that the rest of the league, or at least one team, thinks Johnson is a top tier receiver.

I think that assumption is false. I'm not saying cut him, but pay him fair market value for what he is, a solid #2 receiver.

No need to overpay for a #2 WR when there are a lot of needs on the team still to spend money on.

Rightly or wrongly they gave Fitz a big contract. Maybe a bit too big in my opinion. But you cannot pay 2nd tier players 1st tier money and expect to build a competitive team IMO.

30 thumbs down for Vincent Jackson....hes a head case.....i guess you forgot about his holdout and missed that Raiders game where he had 1 catch and then blew the game...

Pay Stevie....bring in some more talent and lets get this moving......Vincent Jackson is one of the last players I would ever want in Buffalo

You pay the man... he only 25 years old....only in his 2nd full year as a starter... you pay him as a top 10 WR...because you dont see too many TOP WRs running to play for small cold weather markets....AND HE WANTS TO BE HERE!

If you lose him..its a huge set back.....that simple...

Your assumption is that the rest of the league, or at least one team, thinks Johnson is a top tier receiver.

I think that assumption is false. I'm not saying cut him, but pay him fair market value for what he is, a solid #2 receiver.

No need to overpay for a #2 WR when there are a lot of needs on the team still to spend money on.

Rightly or wrongly they gave Fitz a big contract. Maybe a bit too big in my opinion. But you cannot pay 2nd tier players 1st tier money and expect to build a competitive team IMO.

Someone will throw top money at him. Just like someone threw money at Poz, or Price, or Clements, or...

Someone will throw top money at him. Just like someone threw money at Poz, or Price, or Clements, or...

Yeah. I could see rams going after sj to give Bradford a consistent target. Or jaguars for gabbert. Bears too will feel a need to upgrade in their division

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Johnson is not going to re-sign for anything less than he feels he's worth. If he's got a number in mind, my bet is he plays the market to validate that number or not while giving the Bills a chance to match.

There is no sense in debating whether or not he deserves #1 money. He deserves whatever the market will pay him. Besides, his entire body of work needs to be included and last season can't be ignored.

GO BILLS!!!

There are a few WR's on the market this year I believe. Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, and Dwayne Bowe if I'm not mistaken. It would be good to see us grab one of those guys to go along with Stevie. I'm thinking more and more that Johnson is going to get the Franchise Tag this offseason.

Johnson is not going to re-sign for anything less than he feels he's worth. If he's got a number in mind, my bet is he plays the market to validate that number or not while giving the Bills a chance to match.

There is no sense in debating whether or not he deserves #1 money. He deserves whatever the market will pay him. Besides, his entire body of work needs to be included and last season can't be ignored.

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly...and once again he has been playing with a groin injury ....

There are a few WR's on the market this year I believe. Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, and Dwayne Bowe if I'm not mistaken. It would be good to see us grab one of those guys to go along with Stevie. I'm thinking more and more that Johnson is going to get the Franchise Tag this offseason.

I can see Gailey having fun with Desean Jackson but I wouldn't be surprised if they made a run for Vincent Jackson given his preferable size and Nix's history with him.

GO BILLS!!!

I can see Gailey having fun with Desean Jackson but I wouldn't be surprised if they made a run for Vincent Jackson given his preferable size and Nix's history with him.

GO BILLS!!!

The problem with that is Buddy and Chan have proven time and again that they would prefer to build through the draft. They don't make big splashes in free agency.

You pay the man... he only 25 years old....only in his 2nd full year as a starter... you pay him as a top 10 WR...because you dont see too many TOP WRs running to play for small cold weather markets....AND HE WANTS TO BE HERE!

If you lose him..its a huge set back.....that simple...

I strongly agree. This year, the Bills have a top 5 back and a TE who is utilized. if his fantasy numbers are lower, who cares? And, he is doing much better at hanging onto the football.

The Bills are a mile under the cap. There is no reason not to sign him right now.

I strongly agree. This year, the Bills have a top 5 back and a TE who is utilized. if his fantasy numbers are lower, who cares? And, he is doing much better at hanging onto the football.

The Bills are a mile under the cap. There is no reason not to sign him right now.

+1

It amazes me that there are so many fans that are willing to continue the treadmill of releasing our good players via FA only to have to spend a draft pick to replace them. If we let Stevie walk, WR becomes a monstrous hole on this team. We'll then see how well freddie runs when opposing defenses stack 9 in the box.

Not to mention that it takes time for a WR to develop a rapport with a QB. SJ and Fitzy have had 2+ years together. Its not worth throwing that away because some fans don't think Stevie is a "#1" WR.