A complaint about the draft

Tolstoy

Yes, yes, this is another Andrew Luck thread. But listen to this. What kind of draft system allows a team that has had the best QB in the last 15 years, and that has been a perennial SB contender, to tank one year and then be in position to draft....the next great QB for the next 15 years? See the Indianapolis Colts. Meanwhile, the crappy Bills, who haven't made the playoffs in 11 years, have only a mediocre crappy season, and are out of the running for the great QB.

Draft position should either be a lottery, or based on average finish over 10 years.

Having said that, the main problem with the Bills is ownership. The Steelers, Packers, Patriots etc. have all been operating under the same system as the Bills, and they have found success. So we really have no excuses. But the draft system is still stupid.

I'm really really tired of having a crappy football team.

Go ahead and say nasty things about my post. I don't care anymore. The NFL is stupid. The Bills are stupid. This site is stupid. I am going to follow curling or something.

The NFL actually rewards teams for lousy play not only by improving their draft position but also by giving them an easier schedule the next year based partly on teams' winning percentage! You win and it gets you a lower draft pick and a harder schedule. Talk about being penalized for one's success. It's the democratic approach when you think about it.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

The NFL actually rewards teams for lousy play not only by improving their draft position but also by giving them an easier schedule the next year based partly on teams' winning percentage! You win and it gets you a lower draft pick and a harder schedule. Talk about being penalized for one's success. It's the democratic approach when you think about it.

Then why has the Bills the past two season had the hardest schedule going into the season based on the previous year?? I also agree with a lottery style draft. Like the 8 worst teams in the lottery.

If we were 4-12 last season, how is our schedule any easier than say the Patriots or Jets (both had much better records than us)....I kinda thought our schedule was tough. Not sure how it works but I know you're right...I've heard that before but I can't figure out how that works this season (can't figure this team out for that matter)

Go Bills!

If we were 4-12 last season, how is our schedule any easier than say the Patriots or Jets (both had much better records than us)....I kinda thought our schedule was tough. Not sure how it works but I know you're right...I've heard that before but I can't figure out how that works this season (can't figure this team out for that matter)

Go Bills!

They play a 4-12 team, we play them

Yes, yes, this is another Andrew Luck thread. But listen to this. What kind of draft system allows a team that has had the best QB in the last 15 years, and that has been a perennial SB contender, to tank one year and then be in position to draft....the next great QB for the next 15 years? See the Indianapolis Colts. Meanwhile, the crappy Bills, who haven't made the playoffs in 11 years, have only a mediocre crappy season, and are out of the running for the great QB.

Draft position should either be a lottery, or based on average finish over 10 years.

Having said that, the main problem with the Bills is ownership. The Steelers, Packers, Patriots etc. have all been operating under the same system as the Bills, and they have found success. So we really have no excuses. But the draft system is still stupid.

Go ahead and say nasty things about my post. I don't care anymore. The NFL is stupid. The Bills are stupid. This site is stupid. I am going to follow curling or something.

:nana:

Please don't make promises you don't intend on keeping. You'll probably change your screen name and jump right back on complaining.Check the history of these franchises and you'll see they all had bad teams for a while. Where were the Pats before Brady? The Pack before Brett/Aaron? The Steelers before Ben? They all had down times. Before you start, the Pats and Pack were bad for a long time before being good for a while. Bye the way, the Colts are not tanking the season. They were an average team w one of the all-time greats at QB to come along.Now he's hurt and they suck.

Edited by Dopey

Ok, I will. A Draft Lottery would be stupid.

The Draft is fine the way it is, no reason to screw it up with a lottery.

Please don't make promises you don't intend on keeping. You'll probably change your screen name and jump right back on complaining.Check the history of these franchises and you'll see they all had bad teams for a while. Where were the Pats before Brady? The Pack before Brett/Aaron? The Steelers before Ben? They all had down times. Before you start, the Pats and Pack were bad for a long time before being good for a while. Bye the way, the Colts are not tanking the season. They were an average team w one of the all-time greats at QB to come along.Now he's hurt and they suck.

Well, ok I am back. Anyhow, I don't think the Packers and Steelers have had the down periods that we have had. The Pack, if I recall, were kind of bad for a few years in the 90s, but then they had Favre and won the SB in 98, and things have been pretty good right up till now, and will be for a long while more. The Steelers have been the Steelers for as long as I can remember. The Bills have been really really bad for over a decade now. They are bordering on historic badness.

As for the Colts, I didn't want to suggest they were bad purposefully, though now that you mention it...

Its a rare situation where a team was so dependant one player. He was an iron man to this point, it's just coincidence the most touted qb in ages is coming out at this time. Would be unjustified to overhaul the draft for this

Go Bills!

The way the current schedule formula works only two opponents are based on last year's record. Since the Bills finished 4th in their division last year they get the 4th place team from the AFC North and AFC South this year. That turned out to be the Titans and the Bengals. The rest of the games will be the same as everyone else in Buffalo's division, we all play the AFC West and the NFC East this year.

Definitely not a perfect system seeing the Pats* ended up with the Colts as their AFC South first place team this season.

I'll add...The Colts before Manning?

Here is what the Colts will get when they open their draft "gift".

Like Daddy like son.

The Bills organization is an embarassment when you compare them to the Packers. I mean, back in 2006, the two teams were at the same level. The Packers actually drafted ahead of the Bills and we even beat them that year 24-10.

But in the 5 years since then, Green Bay has continually selected and developed great players while we continue to just spin our wheels.

The way the current schedule formula works only two opponents are based on last year's record. Since the Bills finished 4th in their division last year they get the 4th place team from the AFC North and AFC South this year. That turned out to be the Titans and the Bengals. The rest of the games will be the same as everyone else in Buffalo's division, we all play the AFC West and the NFC East this year.

Definitely not a perfect system seeing the Pats* ended up with the Colts as their AFC South first place team this season.

Thanks Metal...that makes sense now. The fact that we have to play Bengals and Pats play Dolts is Unlucky I suppose....if we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck at all.

Then why has the Bills the past two season had the hardest schedule going into the season based on the previous year?? I also agree with a lottery style draft. Like the 8 worst teams in the lottery.

Because they play the Pats and Jets 2 times each.

" It's the democratic approach when you think about it. " Democrats screw up everything. Time to get a Republican back in the White House! They'll fix the draft, giving the rich a better pick and less taxes (or easier schedule).

Edited by CSBill