SU Hoops 2011 edition...

The Poojer

Honestly, I'm too discouraged by the loss. We started out poorly on both offense and defense (compared to how Cincy started). But it's not as if we we didn't figure out their zone; our guards started driving into it and creating a lot more open looks in the second half.

Probably a different game if Scoop played a little better and we didn't turn the ball over 12 times--a lot of them just poor passes once we got open in the middle of the zone. The game should have been Triche and Waiters driving to the FT line and pulling up for J's. They had that the whole game.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the upper half of the east, do not like the lower half with OSU, FSU, Cincy, WVU...hopefully all you lower half will beat each other up

What do you 'Cuse fans think of the East region, and a possible Elite 8 matchup against us?

i love the upper half of the east, do not like the lower half with OSU, FSU, Cincy, WVU...hopefully all you lower half will beat each other up

Don't sleep on Vandy. They're a dangerous and underrated team. What are Cincy's strengths and weaknesses?

I pretty much think the opposite. Vanderbilt & Wisconsin have flaws (what team seeded lower than 1 or 2 doesn't?) but they are arguably the two best 4-5 seeds in the field. Even Kansas St as an 8 is no picnic.

I think Cincy loses to Texas and Ohio St walks to the Elite 8.

Just heard that terrible news myself before I checked here...

If we thought their rebounding was poor before... wow!

Hope you all have time to change your brackets.

This is why I don't like basketball anymore. It used to be a team sport. Obviously not anymore if losing one guy ruins your chances is a tournament. And I don't care how good he is.

This is why I don't like basketball anymore. It used to be a team sport. Obviously not anymore if losing one guy ruins your chances is a tournament. And I don't care how good he is.

Well sorry for the sky-is-falling defeatism.

SU still has a good team and they do have a lot of depth but losing a big man's presence down low like his is going to hurt any team's chances at winning the entire thing whether you're a balanced "team" or not.