Nelson's move

BRH

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from david's side....i thought it was a loving gesture from the heart.

from her side....she looked uncomfortable and rightly so....as an employee (or whatever) of the cowboys, she was put in an akward position of fraternizing with the enemy....wouldn't surprise me if she somehow didn't make the team next year for this stunt.

Do you seriously think that the Cowboys didn't know that she was already dating a Bills player?

It was talked about quickly when discussing the game on almost every pre-game show this week on all the networks.

Okay, I'll bite. Anyone else think David Nelson looked like a fool handing the TD ball to his girlfriend?

I can see it if you're winning big or if you're at least playing like you belong on the same field with your opponent. But down 21-0 and getting absolutely strafed?

Unprofessional. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I cringed. I'm surprised the Cowboys didn't hand every scoring ball to her after that.

I saw nothing wrong with it, and I am one who hates celebratory BS. Everyone knows it was his girlfriend, he didn't do it to show up anyone. If you didn't like that, then you must have been ready to hire a hitman last year when Stevie Johnson had that retarded stuff on his t-shirt. I bet there were alot more guys who were thinking "what a lucky SOB" then there were cringing like you were. Everything the Bills did yesterday was pathetic and you complain about this? Maybe it is a way for you to avoid thinking about the game itself.

Edited by billsfreak

I saw nothing wrong with it, and I am one who hates celebratory BS. Everyone knows it was his girlfriend, he didn't do it to show up anyone. If you didn't like that, then you must have been ready to hire a hitman last year when Stevie Johnson had that retarded stuff on his t-shirt. I bet there were alot more guys who were thinking "what a lucky SOB" then there were cringing like you were. Everything the Bills did yesterday was pathetic and you complain about this? Maybe it is a way for you to avoid thinking about the game itself.

When billsfreak is the voice of reason, you just know the OP is completely out to lunch.

Edited by Heels20X6

I thought it was great. Try telling your girl that if thing A happens then you will in turn do thing B. Have thing A happen under circumstances you didnt envision...You choose not to do thing B. How much trouble are you? Thats a really special moment for both of them. Get off it. These people are PEOPLE not just robots we watch on Sundays. They are REAL...

Exactly. I liked it. He was not celebrating the touchdown like some idiot football players do when their team is getting killed. He was doing something that he said he'd do. It was fun to watch, and not done in a celebratory (look, I just scored a TD mode). Back off Nelson. He's the best WR on the team right now and comes up big in the Red Zone all the time. Was it his fault our defense BLOWS.

When billsfreak is the voice of reason, you just know the OP is completely out to lunch.

I will take that as a compliment. Thinking about the game yesterday, is there any other positive things you can say about the Bills other then, David Nelson has a hot ass girlfriend? I can't think of too many others.

Do you seriously think that the Cowboys didn't know that she was already dating a Bills player?

It was talked about quickly when discussing the game on almost every pre-game show this week on all the networks.

i doubt they have a problem with them dating....that's in their personal life.

lucky for her, they won big.....if the bills had won, and the same thing occurred, that's the type of thing jerry jones would overreact to. i still think she is going to lose her job over this.

Cheerleader could lose job for touchdown celebration:

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=351&sid=2632132

What a special day today was! I feel so blessed & so proud of @DavidNelson86! Thanks for my game ball, I wont let go of it :) happiest girl!

KelsiReich

David is a total class act. Follow him on Twitter and you'll see that. Outstanding young man who CATCHES EVERYTHING THROWN HIS WAY. We need more players with heart like his. I hate the Cowboys, but I have no problem with him doing that.

Edited by BuffalOhio

Jerry Jones is as media conscious as anyone and I seriously doubt he'd risk the backlash for something so harmless.

#1- dating players is probably strictly forbidden (wether this extends to all nfl players or just cowboys remains to be seen).

#2- she should have dropped the ball and gave it a playful kick to show her allegience to the cowboys.

#3- they both seem like wonderful people, a great couple, they are both lucky to have each other.....i just hope this little stunt doesn't backfire on her.

Edited by papazoid