Our defense is horrible

jahnyc

I understand that our defense has injuries, but other than being opportunistic at times, they can never get off the field. Considering the resources that have been devoted to the defense (drafting Dareus, Sheppard and Williams this past year, signing Barnett and Morrison, re-signing Florence), their play has been terrible. A good part of the blame must go to to the defensive coordinator and the defensive game plan. Our defense has made Sanchez and Romo look like all world QBs. Changes need to be made.

Yeah, why can't they fix the defense in one year? Losers.

Actually they have been drafting for the defense the past two seasons...

Troupe, Carrington last year, Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Batten this year...Plus FA Merriman, Barnett and re-signed Florence...I think they have spent enough on the defense with little to show far. It is time for Edwards to go.

I agree...we definitely have addressed the defensive side of the ball through the draft and free agency. It's clear that our schemes and matchups are the main reasons for our struggles. Edwards needs to go and either promote Wannsteadt or look elsewhere...

Troupe, Carrington last year, Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Batten this year...Plus FA Merriman, Barnett and re-signed Florence...I think they have spent enough on the defense with little to show far. It is time for Edwards to go.

It really is inexcuseable for them to be that bad, and it all falls back to a scheme that allows receivers to be wide open...same as last year...let them catch it wherever they want and then try and tackle them...problem is they always catch the ball past the first down marker...

George Edwards is horrible, has been horrible his whole career here and just needs to go...until he goes, this defense will stink

Yeah our defense isn't schemed correctly for this game. No blitzes or stunts to confuse Romo, he's just back there playing a pick-up game. Playing way too far off of the receivers. Just getting outplayed.

Agreed, if we had a Ryan coaching our defense we would be better than average. Too much space receivers have because we have no effective blitz packages or don't even try.

Over 400+ yards allowed on a consistent basis....this guy cannot coach his way out of a paper bag. He is frequently out-coached and slow to make adjustments. Granted the talent he has to work with is playing like a one legged man in an a$$ kicking contest; but he is not putting these players in a position to be successful. Time to let him go.

Edited by HelloNewman

Precisely,... they've spent plenty of high picks on Defense with nothing to show for it. They are just so frustrating to watch when the defense plays like this. I would definitely fire Edwards. There's no reason he should stay.

No one is suggesting they can fix or overhaul the defense in one or even two years.

Why shouldnt we expect that it can be done in 2 years... what should it take 4-5?

The Edwards experiment MUST end...Enough is enough...This guy HAS to go...Today would not be soon enough either... B-)

Sadly, who takes his place? Wanny? Wanny I'm sure has had his input, and maybe even some play calling as well and the results speak for themselves. Yet, a statement needs to be made to the defense that what they have done is unacceptable.