Bills/Cowboys Game Thread

Simon

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny Batten lol! This defense lol! I would start my demotion at halftime.. G.Edwards your day is done..

Gailey handpicked Edwards, an average journeyman linebackers coach that noone saw as coordinator material. Edwards is an indictment on Gailey. Next year, we're lookin at a whole new defensive system, coordinator.... which will probably derail our perpetual rebuild.

I would have kept Maybin on the squad instead of paying him to play for the Jets. Maybe he wouldn't have done much, but he'd at least be SOME threat at rushing the passer.

Im not claiming to be a DC but i think you have to from one extreme to the other All out blitz or rush 2 keep 9 in coverage zones. Our base 3-4 doesn't work with this personel

Gailey handpicked Edwards, an average journeyman linebackers coach that noone saw as coordinator material. Edwards is an indictment on Gailey. Next year, we're lookin at a whole new defensive system, coordinator.... which will probably derail our perpetual rebuild.

Well not true wasn't he hired to be floridas defensive co ordinator before gailey hired him? I could be wrong

Edited by Max997

At this rate I only see us winning 1 or 2 more unless something changes. It is the same song and dance - they are way too conservative. I would like to say we are building towards next year but realistically with the current front office, coaching staff, and players we will always be nothing but fodder for real franchises. What a joke we are.

Bills fans are typically delusional over the fact that sometimes they are wrong in their judgments of former players who go on to excel at other teams. Maybin hasn't necessarily excelled, but if you don't think he is playing well for the Jets than you aren't watching. Time to own up.

Nah i'm good glad he is gone, and not owning up to anything. Do you actually think he would be contributing on this team?

I just don't see top HC's and assistants wanting to work in Buffalo. Even Wannstedt is trying to come back from years in the college ranks, and it's no guarantee that he'll make the defense better. That, and he's never coached a 3-4 team before, so I can see them trying to change everything. Of course they've been drafting 3-4 pieces the past 2 years.

It's amazing how bad this defense is

It really is amazing...The Bills have Players on the Defensive side...They have athletes...But how can you build a Defense where no one, I mean NO ONE can rush the freaking Passer? NO ONE! Week in and week out it looks like the opposing Offensive Coach knows exactly what we're doing out there...It's embarrassing...This Team needs a complete house cleaning on the Defensive side and it needs to start with the moron over there who could not Coach Defensive Football in the NFL to save his life...2 Drafts and 11 Picks dedicated to Defense, and this is the best they can do? What a joke...

there is always hope for a Romo blowup-

"It's so good," Cooley said. "It's amazing, amazing to watch him choke like that. I'm just saying, I'm up 24 points in the third quarter, if I'm the head coach, I feel like I could probably just take a knee for the rest of the game, punt it away and there's no way that Detroit's gonna drive on you that many times. The only way you're gonna give up that many points is turnovers, right? It's hilarious to watch him throw pick sixes, too, back-to-back. I loved it."

An eighth-year pro, Cooley is a little like the Cowboys' own Martellus Bennett has been in recent years, active on Twitter and YouTube, and good for a quote, but at the end of the day, just his team's second tight end. He has been overtaken this year by Fred Davis, and has only seven catches for 66 yards.

Still, Cooley went so far as to say he'd love to take on Romo in a WWE-style steel cage match, for some reason.

"I'm gonna be honest, I don't know what kind of cage-fighting skills he has," Cooley said. "I would probably try to incorporate my wrestling ability, like when I was in high school. Obviously it's been a while, but I didn't like to beat people fast. I like to embarrass 'em a little bit. Like, take a 24-point lead, and then just play with it a little bit."