Stevie no-shows Rochester signing last night

I did not see that reply as @replies don't show up on feeds. And like I said in the OP, I may be reading something into nothing. But the timing of the joke and lack of joke indicators that he usually uses (i.e. 'lol', 'ha', etc.) raised an eyebrow with me.

But it appears the majority of people don't see it that way and that I was reading something into nothing. And i'm fine with that. I actually prefer me reading into nothing than the alternative of him actually being unhappy. But I thought it worth discussing. The stick's not up my ass. I'm not sure where this stick you speak of actually is, but yeah, not inside of me.

I'm not attacking Stevie or anyone else here so i'm confused by the attacks from posters. But, it was a Bills event for Bills fans and this is a Bills fan forum. I'm merely discussing it.

Maybe his next TD dance he can incorporate fxing a flat tire motion into it..LOL..IDIOT

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie is impressing me less and less, and I am losing a lot of respect for him. Reading the story it sounds to me they (He and his agent) had no intentions on going at all.

Good for Freddy though to put in the extra effort.

Stevie is a no show.

Starting to seem like it's par for the course. Stevie didn't have any trouble making it over to Northtown for that stupid ESPN segment when it was all about him getting on TV.

yeah-

makes a lot of sense for 2 teammates going from Buffalo to the same event an hour away to drive separately.

Bortel arranged for a limo to take both Stevie and Freddy. Stevie opted not to take said limo. THen said he would drive. Then miraculously got a flat tire and couldn't make it.

We are good at chasing players out of town over the last few years.....stevie is a warm city guy...he's from the bay area....and if we don't lock him up he'll go to the 49ers...and well look real dumb

gotta believe Stevie wants to be in California. Rub elbows with actors and musicians, wake up with warm and sunny skies, that kind of stuff. Buffalo will have to pay a HUGE amount more than he is worth in order to keep him here. Is it worth it?

Last night at Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester, Stevie Johnson and Fred Jackson had a scheduled autograph signing, meet and greet with the fans type deal. It was set to be from 7-9 PM.

Freddie showed up and was INCREDIBLY gracious to everyone! He stopped to talk to people on cell phones, stepped out to the front of the table and posed for pictures with kids in wheelchairs, and in an even bigger gesture; he stayed from 7 to 11:30 to make sure every single person in line got to meet him. That's more than double the amount of time he was scheduled to be there! He was a real class act. I can't say that enough.

Stevie Johnson, however, no-showed the signing. People waited and waited for him to show. Come to find out, he later stated on Twitter that he had to stop halfway on the road to Rochester and have a tire repaired. But not before imparting this nugget of knowledge:

Link:

"@KhawkCruisin: @StevieJohnson13 seriously, where were you tonight? Freddy had to do ALL the signing" He should be use to doing ALL the work

Maybe i'm reading something into nothing, but what's that about? "He should be used to doing ALL the work"? I don't know exactly what he meant by that, but I found it curious that that was his first response to not showing up to an appearance for Bills fans.

I'm a HUGE Stevie fan. I went down there with just my Stevie jersey (i've met Fred and got something signed by him before). But I was disappointed by this whole thing. I know things happen, but when kids are waiting hours and hours for you, if you need you're tire repaired; the signing was at a car dealership. Call them and have them pick you up and work on the tire at the signing (I jest :P).

I hope I AM reading something into nothing. But I fear Stevie may be getting some sour grapes with his lot in Buffalo after that comment.

So lets find out where he got this flat tire. Call down there and find out if he really got a flat. Something tells me Stevie is not telling the truth and just skipped the signing.Are u trying to get out of Buffalo and traded somewhere else? Shame on u Stevie

Edited by hamtenp

So lets find out where he got this flat tire. Call down there and find out if he really got a flat. Something tells me Stevie is not telling the truth and just skipped the signing.Are u trying to get out of Buffalo and traded somewhere else? Shame on u Stevie

I can't believe this thread was brought back up. Your spidey sense tingling? This is worse then the media drudging up outdated crap to make a connection that is not there. If the Bills won would you be trying to run him out of town?

gotta believe Stevie wants to be in California. Rub elbows with actors and musicians, wake up with warm and sunny skies, that kind of stuff. Buffalo will have to pay a HUGE amount more than he is worth in order to keep him here. Is it worth it?

He is a top 10 wr...so yes you pay him....losing him it sets the team back....if you had no inteent on draft stevie then we had several wr in the past draft to pick from....

He is a top 10 wr...so yes you pay him....losing him it sets the team back....if you had no inteent on draft stevie then we had several wr in the past draft to pick from....

No he isn't

If you watch other teams besides the Bills, or just watch other WR's on the teams that the Bills are playing, SJ is barely even a #1 WR. Watching the Saints Giants game all I kept saying is that I hope the bills have SJ watching this game to show him what a real #1 WR is supposed to be like. The guy drops balls that hit him right in the hands and then blames everyone else for why they were dropped (God, he doesn't have "superhuman" senses, etc.) The difference between a top 10 WR (or a #1 WR) and SJ is that those WR's will not only make those catches, but they will also make catches when the Ball isn't thrown directly to them and they have to make a play to catch it. Thats how and why you make Highlight reels and become a top 10 WR.

Some of you should have been writers or producers on X Files. :pirate:

Stevie is as dependable as a cheap watch!!!!

I have a cheap watch and an expensive one. Both are dependable.

If only he wasn't so busy preparing for TD celebrations, he could have checked his tires BEFORE he headed to Rochester.

B-)

Watching the Saints Giants game all I kept saying is that I hope the bills have SJ watching this game to show him what a real #1 WR is supposed to be like. The guy drops balls that hit him right in the hands and then blames everyone else for why they were dropped (God, he doesn't have "superhuman" senses, etc.) The difference between a top 10 WR (or a #1 WR) and SJ is that those WR's will not only make those catches, but they will also make catches when the Ball isn't thrown directly to them and they have to make a play to catch it. Thats how and why you make Highlight reels and become a top 10 WR.

I thought it was interesting that the announcer said that for Sean Peyton, he only keeps guys who can catch the ball. If they can't catch, he lets them go and gets guys who can. If SJ hits the FA market, I wouldn't look for the Saints to go after him.

Right now Steve Johnson is #29 in yards and #16 in TDs and #162 in Average Yards Per Catch. Definitely not top 10.

Presently we don't have the kind of receiver that you talk about. Hopefully in the off season we can get one.

Didn't this happen a month ago?

PTR

Yes but now the story has made it to the media and the details are even less flattering than the initial facts. Fred Jackson and Stevie were to be paid $7500 each for 2 hours of autograph signing.

"She (the dealership owner) also gave the Jacksons a $3,000 cash bonus on the spot and arranged to have Fred get the entire $15,000 appearance fee originally meant for Jackson and Johnson.

"The promotion was a success, thanks to Fred," Van Bortel said. "I'd consider future appearances by the Bills, particularly by Fred Jackson. But Stevie can't come. All I wanted was an apology for his no-show. I'm still waiting."

And there are more unfortunate details: http://www.democrata...S0101/111290320

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Actually, statistically he is not a top 10 WR at this time. I believe he has the potential to become a top 10 WR - if he continues to develop and develops a bit more focus.

I agree that losing him sets the team back, and I hope we try to sign him.

On the other hand, Stevie seems positioned to persuade himself he's already a top 10 wideout and should get franchise player money, and that any difference between his stats and a franchise wideout have to do with the guy on the other end of the ball (Fitzy). So if that's where he's going, we may not be able to sign him.

Hopefully they can reach some compromise of paying him for where he is now, with hefty performance incentives that if he becomes a top 10 wideout, he will achieve top 10 pay.

Yes but now the story has made it to the media and the details are even less flattering than the initial facts. Fred Jackson and Stevie were to be paid $7500 each for 2 hours of autograph signing.

"She (the dealership owner) also gave the Jacksons a $3,000 cash bonus on the spot and arranged to have Fred get the entire $15,000 appearance fee originally meant for Jackson and Johnson.

"The promotion was a success, thanks to Fred," Van Bortel said. "I'd consider future appearances by the Bills, particularly by Fred Jackson. But Stevie can't come. All I wanted was an apology for his no-show. I'm still waiting."

And there are more unfortunate details: http://www.democrata...S0101/111290320

Oh okay. I was worried that people were just dragging out the dead horse to beat out of frustration over Johnson. Obviously this is not the case.

PTR