PFW's midseason ALL-Pro Team

Estro

On a related note: I like the core group of guys the Bills have. I think the list of 10 players below (in no particular order) give the bills a sold foundation to grow on.

1. Marcel Dareus

2. Andy LeVitre

3. Eric Wood

4. Freddy Jackson

5. George Wilson

6. Kyle Williams

7. Ryan Fitzpatrick

8. Jairus Byrd

9. Stevie Johnson

10a. Nick Barnett

10b. Chris Hairston

Fred Jackson is no surprise on this list, the second Buffalo Bill was a bit of a surprise for me. Happy to see him getting some recognition on the national level:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/11/08/2011-midseason-all-pro-team

Hurts to see Ngata and Harris on that list, as they are players the Bills had in their proverbial laps.

On a related note: I like the core group of guys the Bills have. I think the list of 10 players below (in no particular order) give the bills a sold foundation to grow on.

1. Marcel Dareus

2. Andy LeVitre

3. Eric Wood

4. Freddy Jackson

5. George Wilson

6. Kyle Williams

7. Ryan Fitzpatrick

8. Jairus Byrd

9. Stevie Johnson

10a. Nick Barnett

10b. Chris Hairston

Nice list. Looking at it, you notice that with the exception possibly Stevie (just my opinion), all these guys have the team-first, in-it-for-the-long-haul type of attitude that makes them so likable.

It is hard to not see George Wilson on that list - but Reed and Polamalu get those honors every time.

I love that Wood is all-pro like that!

Haha. I was trying to guess who the second Bill was and Wilson was my guess too. Then, seeing the list, I suppose I should have realized that Reed/Troy would be at the top. Good for Wood though, it warms my heart to see him develop so well. Well-said in the article, too, about getting to that "second level" of blocking for those screen-pass type plays.

1. Marcel Dareus

2. Andy LeVitre

3. Eric Wood

4. Freddy Jackson

5. George Wilson

6. Kyle Williams

7. Ryan Fitzpatrick

8. Jairus Byrd

9. Stevie Johnson

10a. Nick Barnett

10b. Chris Hairston

I like this list. Might I add David Nelson and Demitrious Bell.

I like this list. Might I add David Nelson and Demitrious Bell.

Good call on David Nelson, he should've been included in the list. I considered Bell, as well, as I think he's a pretty good LT. I just don't know if the Bills will resign him after this year, though. The rumor was the Bills were looking to extend RT Erik Pears. I believe Pears has priority over Bell for a new contract, because the Bills perhaps think Hairston is going to be the guy that takes over the LT spot. I think how Bell responds to his current injury and how well he plays when he comes back will go a long way in if the Bills give him a serious offer. I'd certainly like to see him back with the Bills.

Looking at our list of prominent players, I think it pretty obvious where the weaknesses are:

CB

LB (OLB and ILB)

WR (not a pressing need, but w/ Parrish always hurt and Easley's condition we need help in case Jones doesn't develop)

Hurts to see Ngata and Harris on that list, as they are players the Bills had in their proverbial laps.

Seriously... People need to just get over these players that we coulda shoulda woulda drafted years ago. We didn't draft them. All the people involved in those decisions are gone. The players we drafted in their stead are gone. Just get over it already.

NFL.com just released their midseason All-Pro team. They only chose 1 RB, rather than 2 like PFW did. No Freddy, No Wood, another Bill does make the All-Pro squad:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823ef799/article/midseason-allpro-team-rodgers-leads-highly-productive-group?module=HP11_cp

That is the worst list I've ever seen. Jason Peters has been decent in pass-blocking, but he absolutely has not been one of the top-two tackles this year. He takes too many plays off. More ridiculous: Finley over Jimmy Graham, who is, by all measures, having a significantly better year.

The worst inclusion, though, is easily Patrick Peterson (at CB). Peterson has been fantastic as a returner, but mediocre as a cornerback. How does this guy have a job?

It is hard to not see George Wilson on that list - but Reed and Polamalu get those honors every time.

I love that Wood is all-pro like that!

It is no different then the the actual All Pro list or Pro Bowl, it is about their name. Polamalululu has been non existent in coverage this year, one or two big plays, otherwise he is invisible just like he was in the Super Bowl last year. He shouldn't have been Defensive Player of the Year last year, it should have went to Clay Matthews.

Good call on David Nelson, he should've been included in the list. I considered Bell, as well, as I think he's a pretty good LT. I just don't know if the Bills will resign him after this year, though. The rumor was the Bills were looking to extend RT Erik Pears. I believe Pears has priority over Bell for a new contract, because the Bills perhaps think Hairston is going to be the guy that takes over the LT spot. I think how Bell responds to his current injury and how well he plays when he comes back will go a long way in if the Bills give him a serious offer. I'd certainly like to see him back with the Bills.

Looking at our list of prominent players, I think it pretty obvious where the weaknesses are:

CB

LB (OLB and ILB)

WR (not a pressing need, but w/ Parrish always hurt and Easley's condition we need help in case Jones doesn't develop)

Agreed, i would add Nelson to the list. Also,i hope to be able to add Carrington and Aaron Williams, but they aren't deserving yet. Unfortunately, i dont think Spiller and Troup, our top 2 from last year are deserving.