All 22

The Big Cat

Great find Big Cat. I've often wondered why they never used that Madden video game view. Just thought the NFL was being ignorant about what their fan base wanted.

ESPN has used that QB view a few times on MNF and its really insightful.

If it's really to save players/coaches from being further critiqued, that's pretty lame.

Just read this and didn't see it posted here.

Do we fans have the right to full transparency? Is there any justifiable reason for keeping this footage at bay?

What's the value of this footage to you?

From TWSJ

Although I think it's silly to hide, why would you as a fan have a "right" to anything

Only Bellicheat is alowed to see all 22.

Is this a real issue? What is the fan missing? The ability to bi+ch about more blown calls by the Refs?

You must not have been there for the ongoing "why don't they call more fly routes for our receivers?" vs. "they are calling plays downfield, trent's just not throwing the ball" arguments.

If you look hard enough, you'll find discussion on sites like these that are first and foremost concerned with strategy, scheming, play design, assignments and overall football philosophy. The All-22 cam would clarify A LOT if not ALL the conjecture surrounding these topics.

People are right though, it would only be fuel to the fire and criticisms would reach a new level.

I don't necessarily believe this.

Big Cat below mentions conjecture. As the article suggests some criticisms are off-base and based partly on conjecture.

IMO, criticism will always exist and pretty much at the same percentage of commentary that it is right now. A more accurate video picture of events will only help remove conjecture, and give more specific fuel for commentary, both good and bad. I don't buy that it will increase the negativity in analysis… but it would increase the accuracy of the criticism.

The All-22 cam would clarify A LOT if not ALL the conjecture surrounding these topics.

Did they ever release All-22 footage of the music city "miracle?"

I heard two rumors:

Goodell destroyed the tapes when he took office.

Or, the tape is buried half a mile from Tucson by the morning light.

Because as a fan I'm both customer and investor.

which team do you own share in? As a fan you are a potential customer. It is the companies choice as to how they want to cater to your desires. That is waaaaaay different than it being your right to the film.

which team do you own share in? As a fan you are a potential customer. It is the companies choice as to how they want to cater to your desires. That is waaaaaay different than it being your right to the film.

For all you know, Ms. Smarty Pants, I own share in the Packers.

And tell me, if I'm a customer, what's the product?

When you buy a car, wouldn't you like some guarantee that it's not going fall off its axles the moment you pull it off the lot?

When you buy a pair of pants, don't you want to try them on first?

When I INVEST time, money and interest into a professional sports team, I don't see how I can be restricted from kicking the tires a time or two. If it's a sound PRODUCT, there should be nothing to hide.

What's your point?

Are you suggesting the NFL is NOT being sketchy about this? If so, I'd like to know how you justify that stance.

I have always wished we could see a bigger view, even end zone perspective would help. Hopefully someday they change their minds.

Yes this.They shoot a game with the same vantage points when we all (all of us older fans) watched on 16 inch TV's.

Enough already I want to see the receivers and linebackers do their work instead of the quarterbacks swarthy chin.

As a fan who buys tickets to and watches games, the NFL would not exist without me (or millions of other people). All you need is a quick look at some soccer teams in the U.K. that have made poor personnel decisions or cut fan access, only to go bankrupt, as a prime example to why the NFL has to take fans' interests into considerations. Obviously I'm not suggesting that the league is on, or close to, the verge of collapse. Take a look at the NBA, though, which made huge strides the past two seasons and stands to lose a lot of the resurgence it made in viewership and ticket sales thanks to the lockout. I wouldn't be surprised if teams like the Hornets end up folding if the league goes a year without games.

In regards to the All-22 angle, I doubt the league will release the footage; the cost-benefit is too low, as teams would (rightfully) get a lot of criticism from fans via the media for poor plays. As it stands, the only people who care enough about the angles are people who are really into analysis of the sport, and, unfortunately, there's not a large enough clamor for that information to be available. If something like blackouts became more prevalent, though, the NFL and CBS, FOX, NBC, etc. would be obliged to make some concessions for the sake of their own business and the fans. Again, to reiterate my point and that of many others in this thread: fans are part of the "we" in regards to teams we support, because without us there quite simply would not be a league.