Calvin Pace quote

xsoldier54

Saw this quote in the NY Post. "As far as the Jets are concerned, the AFC East will not be won in Upstate New York.

“It’s still a two-team race,” Pace said. “It’s still just the Jets and Patriots. [The Bills are] doing well, but sometimes the spotlight is big. I think the Jets and the Patriots can handle that spotlight."

Judging by the way the Jets completely dominated this game, he may be right. I'm hoping the Bills can bounce back this week in Dallas, but the Cowboys are every bit as good as the Giants and that game didn't work out too well for the Bills. They still haven't proven that they can beat a good team on the road. This week's game is a must win after yesterday's debacle.

Wow, see, that's funny, because in a conversation regarding the Bills, Patriots and Jets, only one of those teams has beaten New England, and they don't play in New Jersey.

And I seem to recall that this two-team race has already had one head-to-head game.

Let the Jets act like a bunch of cocky jerks. Talent gets them far, coaching helps, but when it's all been on the line, Rex and co. haven't been able to make good on their guarantees. Being underestimated has helped the Bills. Let's hope opinions stay where they are so Buffalo can punch these guys in the mouth next time.

You either take it or make them eat their words in 3 weeks.

PTR

Can't say it any better than that.

Though, I continue to get a laugh out of these Jets players, talking all high and mighty. It's like Rex has brain-washed them into thinking they've won the SB the past two years. Jets: Zero divisional titles, Zero victories in the AFC title game. Not to besmirch their modest success, but "they ain't won ****."

Gotta take it. It's low of them to act like they need to put the Bills in their place to validate themselves but they did dominate us. That said...let's face it they just beat us. It's laughable they are so confident having beat Buffalo after the start they had. Jets can still look pathetic and they will again.

I don't wanna just beat them, I want to break their spirit.

If I'm the Bills leader, I make yesterday's game the turning point of this season. I close the door and tell everyone in the locker room that we won't lose another game this year.

Tell everyone to not say a word about outside the locker room about what they're going to do to Dallas, Miami, Jets, ect... But that they WILL do their talking on the field and it won't even be close.

The last thing I'd say is that we'll make make Rob's team pay this week for Rex's chest bump, we'll make Revis pay for those remarks in a few weeks by running a heavy dose of sweep plays to his side.

This team is better than this and my hope is that this game unleashes an angry Bills team on the rest of their schedule.

If I'm the Bills leader, I make yesterday's game the turning point of this season. I close the door and tell everyone in the locker room that we won't lose another game this year.

Tell everyone to not say a word about outside the locker room about what they're going to do to Dallas, Miami, Jets, ect... But that they WILL do their talking on the field and it won't even be close.

The last thing I'd say is that we'll make make Rob's team pay this week for Rex's chest bump, we'll make Revis pay for those remarks in a few weeks by running a heavy dose of sweep plays to his side.

This team is better than this and my hope is that this game unleashes an angry Bills team on the rest of their schedule.

How is our "leader" that would say that though? Fred is the only one I can think of but I mean c'mon that guy leads by example everyday anyway. Fitz will never say anything like that. Dude is academic in his approach and demeanor. Good when we're awesome but it doesn't do a lot to lift us when we need it.

How is our "leader" that would say that though? Fred is the only one I can think of but I mean c'mon that guy leads by example everyday anyway. Fitz will never say anything like that. Dude is academic in his approach and demeanor. Good when we're awesome but it doesn't do a lot to lift us when we need it.

The Senator, George Wilson!!

George Wilson or Nick Barnett? Point is, that there should be at least one guy in that locker room who could get away with doing something like this and the team believing them. I agree that Fitzpatrick doesn't have that kind of toughness aura (he does kind of have a Montana-like persona).

Based on yesterday, I don't think this team is capable of beating the Jets. Especially at NY. The Jets own the Bills and have for the past two seasons. I don't see the result being any different in 3 weeks time. This team needs to man up next week in Dallas and show the league that they aren't the sissies that the Jets made them out to be. Then they need to beat the Jets at home. Again, based on what I saw yesterday, I am not confident that they can do it.

Based on yesterday, I don't think this team is capable of beating the Jets. Especially at NY. The Jets own the Bills and have for the past two seasons. I don't see the result being any different in 3 weeks time. This team needs to man up next week in Dallas and show the league that they aren't the sissies that the Jets made them out to be. Then they need to beat the Jets at home. Again, based on what I saw yesterday, I am not confident that they can do it.

Based on one game that they now have tape on, so they can fix the holes? Based on the notion that they were playing with a third-string LT, right string LG and no Kelsay or KW? I realize Kyle will probably be gone for the season, but the return of any of these pieces, plus Aaron Williams, plus more experience for the young guys, says to me that there is always a shot. The Bills could have had a sizable lead after all the first-half Jets mistakes. That is their game, and they failed at it yesterday. Execution will help in the rematch. I'm not saying it won't be a tough game to win, but it is winnable despite the factors in the Jets' favor.

The only way to beat up this bully is to go into their territory and punch Revis and Rex in the face. You don't do it in the media, you do it with all 53 players full understanding that in three weeks time, they're going into NJ and punching Revis and Rex in the face. That they're going in there with the sole purpose of embarrassing the Jets in front of their fans.

They can do it, but they have to ALL buy into what the intentions and expectations are. No phony confidence, but the real belief that they're going to tear them up.

Based on one game that they now have tape on, so they can fix the holes? Based on the notion that they were playing with a third-string LT, right string LG and no Kelsay or KW? I realize Kyle will probably be gone for the season, but the return of any of these pieces, plus Aaron Williams, plus more experience for the young guys, says to me that there is always a shot. The Bills could have had a sizable lead after all the first-half Jets mistakes. That is their game, and they failed at it yesterday. Execution will help in the rematch. I'm not saying it won't be a tough game to win, but it is winnable despite the factors in the Jets' favor.

Gotta respectfully disagree. The Bills were very lucky that the Jets made so many mistakes or it could have been a blowout early. The Bills were dominated in every phase of the game. They have not been able to solve the Jets at all under Rex Ryan and I do not expect that to change. Yesterday was their best opportunity to beat them and they failed miserably. Expect more of the same when the two teams meet again. The Jets know that they own this team and Buffalo has done nothing to dispel that confidence. The Jets will pulvarize this team when they meet again. The Bills are a better team this year than last, but just not good enough yet.