Aaron Schobel

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Schobel played hard every snap....never any of the 25 coaches we had complain about him....never heard anything negative about him off the field or in the lockerroom.....just a good football player..... he didn't brett farve us....no player get beat up more than a DL and mentally when u don't see any light at the end of the tunnel....u either retire or demand a trade

Schobel played hard every snap....never any of the 25 coaches we had complain about him....never heard anything negative about him off the field or in the lockerroom.....just a good football player..... he didn't brett farve us....no player get beat up more than a DL and mentally when u don't see any light at the end of the tunnel....u either retire or demand a trade

Schobel was a real pro. Undersized but country strong.Played hard all the time.-I think he was overrated--but I still think he was an above average DE on a bunch of lousy teams .I don't blame the guy at all for retiring from a team with bad mgmt and zero direction. He paid his dues.If he could foresee what would happen with Chan,w Fitzys development etc etc sure maybe he woulda stayed a few more years.

But I think the guy made the wise decision and got out of the game with plenty of money and his health seemingly intact.

I can't believe some people are calling him a quitter. The man played hard every snap on a lousy team. Simply unreal.

Funny...a couple years ago people were ragging on him that he ran 10 yards past the QB. Now he is remembered playing hard every snap. Not passing any judgement, just amazed at how much difference 2 years makes on perception.

Given the fact that he was a tad undersized as a DE, and given the fact that he is now 34 years old...I don't see the Bills signing him unless they pull this retarded hybrid DE-OLB type thing with him.

If they're putting Spencer Johnson at OLB, Schobel will prob be moved to Safety... :wallbash: :wallbash:

I never really liked him and always thought he was kind of overrated. Ya, he had the stats but he never struck me as a team guy. Not only that but he never seemed to make a play when you needed one (the INT on Brady two years ago is an exception).

He didn't command that respect from the opposing team that you'd think he'd get with his numbers.

when you suck as a team it gets personal

Funny...a couple years ago people were ragging on him that he ran 10 yards past the QB. Now he is remembered playing hard every snap. Not passing any judgement, just amazed at how much difference 2 years makes on perception.

Just because he ran 10 yards past the QB doesn't mean he wasn't working hard.he was a 240LBer going against

330 LB tackles--so I guess he felt the best way to get to the QB was to go around the tackle.It wasnt like he was LT(another 240 LBer) with superhuman talent or strength. -This was the reason I thought he was overrated-because he was often neutralized for lonnnng periods of the game esp against the pass. He would sneak in there and get his sacks.And he was solid vs the run.

Just because he ran 10 yards past the QB doesn't mean he wasn't working hard.he was a 240LBer going against

330 LB tackles--so I guess he felt the best way to get to the QB was to go around the tackle.It wasnt like he was LT(another 240 LBer) with superhuman talent or strength. -This was the reason I thought he was overrated-because he was often neutralized for lonnnng periods of the game esp against the pass. He would sneak in there and get his sacks.And he was solid vs the run.

To be fair tackles were 50 lbs lighter then

And he used a lot of cocaine.

To be fair tackles were 50 lbs lighter then

And he used a lot of cocaine.

Jeez....you sound as if he played in the 60's and 70's. Schobel consistently lined up against Tackles who were well over 300 lbs. To be fair, you know jack...#!&% !!!!

Schobel was a very good player, period.

Jeez....you sound as if he played in the 60's and 70's. Schobel consistently lined up against Tackles who were well over 300 lbs. To be fair, you know jack...#!&% !!!!

Schobel was a very good player, period.

You might be nuts. Clearly I was referring to LT. Unless you think that i think tackles got 50 lbs heavier in the last 2-3 years and schobel loved blow too? Also funny that you were offended that you thought I knocked the tackles shobel played against, but the cocaine thing was no biggie.

Schobel's career spanned 2001 to 2009 so he's a pretty contemporary football player.

I don't know how much bigger players are compared to 10 years ago but I don't think they're much bigger than they were 2 years ago.

I was definitely making note and a joke about being compared to LT as a 240lbs linebacker with superhuman strength. Tackles in the 80s vs 2000s are a pretty big step up in weight class. And cocaine is a helluva drug.

Edited by NoSaint