Updated: Levitre extremely limited

eball

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Bell is soft. Hairston's high ankle sprain should've kept him out 4-6 weeks, but here he is practicing. Bell is still enjoying himself in the hot tub.

We don't know the severity of either injury, or really what either injury was. I find it difficult to call into question either players toughness based on this.

I think Bell just lost his starting job this year, but can still play so if Hairston is in and can play he will. If not Levitre can handle the job and it doesn't matter who is in there; all of them have been doing the job and Chan the Man knows they can and will be ready.

Sure, unless you're in the locker room - and even then, it isn't always easy to say - it's hard to know who is really severely injured, and who is soft, or milking it. As for Bell, I think the knock on him from the get go, other than a lack in experience and positional knowledge, was his conditioning and strength. An O-line needs consistency, coherency; the guys need to be out there together more often than not, otherwise it is unusual to get the kind of production we've been getting with back-ups. I could see Bell getting put to second string, where he'd make an excellent backup LT. If his salary would permit it, and he doesn't end up elsewhere.

As for Hairston. Man! We got so, so lucky with that pick. If we'd of drafted him at the very top of round 2, say, pick 37 or something, making him a virtual first rounder, we'd all be satisfied with his production.

I read a lot of complaints about Nix's drafting these past two years, but I see his picks as being very good. If Troupe could stay healthy, he gives us a wonderful middle D-line rotation. Carrington is going to be good for us for a long time, and I think we need to play him sooner than later. Spiller - if it weren't for Jackson being so good, Spiller might be having a tremendous year. He is good to have. I could go on and on - Williams, he might give us some real flexibility in next year's draft.

A healthy Bills team can play with anyone. Good luck to getting healthy! Go Bills.

Cage I am thinking yes.....

By the way....isnt it interesting how Hairston comes back from a high ankle sprain SOONER and he was hurt LATER.....then Bell.

What's that got to do with anything? Two different injuries. Bell didn't sprain an ankle. He hurt

his shoulder and we don't know exactly what the injury is. If he could play he'd be playing. I

like Hairston though. He looks good so far. I like Bell too. Their injuries and recovery times

can't be compared.

i read this as Levitre being in worse shape than Hairston.

Levitre back

Posted by Chris Brown on November 3, 2011 – 1:13 pm

As expected Andy Levitre is back practicing after getting an extra day of rest. He doesn’t appear to be full go.

Chris Hairston is practicing for a second straight day in a return from an ankle injury, and is seeing most of the work as the starting left tackle.

Levitre has rotated in, but looks limited. We’ll get an update from Chan Gailey after practice.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/11/03/levitre-back-2/

Sure, unless you're in the locker room - and even then, it isn't always easy to say - it's hard to know who is really severely injured, and who is soft, or milking it. As for Bell, I think the knock on him from the get go, other than a lack in experience and positional knowledge, was his conditioning and strength. An O-line needs consistency, coherency; the guys need to be out there together more often than not, otherwise it is unusual to get the kind of production we've been getting with back-ups. I could see Bell getting put to second string, where he'd make an excellent backup LT. If his salary would permit it, and he doesn't end up elsewhere.

As for Hairston. Man! We got so, so lucky with that pick. If we'd of drafted him at the very top of round 2, say, pick 37 or something, making him a virtual first rounder, we'd all be satisfied with his production.

I read a lot of complaints about Nix's drafting these past two years, but I see his picks as being very good. If Troupe could stay healthy, he gives us a wonderful middle D-line rotation. Carrington is going to be good for us for a long time, and I think we need to play him sooner than later. Spiller - if it weren't for Jackson being so good, Spiller might be having a tremendous year. He is good to have. I could go on and on - Williams, he might give us some real flexibility in next year's draft.

A healthy Bills team can play with anyone. Good luck to getting healthy! Go Bills.

Lucky he was there? Or lucky as in spinning around 20 times putting on a blindfold and chucking a dart right into the bulls eye lucky?

Mark Ludviscak of CBSsports.com reports that Levitre was very limited in practice. His absence would be a HUGE loss. More details on Andy to come soon

It's still only Thursday, so you'd think Levitre wouldn't be out there at all if the problem was serious. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. :unsure: