Andy Dalton

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cinci's a good team and Dalton/Green are a nice story.

What are your panties in a bunch over?

Personally, I don't like that Cincinnati gets such press about being an improved team when Buffalo is chopped liver to the talking heads. While it may be irrational, I also dislike Dalton by default.

Dalton so far is the best of the rookie QBs. You could argue Newton is great but the Bengals are winning more. Plus Dalton was not on the A-list of QBs in the last draft.

PTR

Not sure I agree. Gruden sure thought he was an A lister. I thought he was the best interview on his draft thing he does every year. If I remember, he had Mallet, Cam, Gabbert and Dalton. The kid was so nice and down to earth, loves the game, and really meant it when he said he didn't care where he went but just wanted a chance to compete for the starting job. Watching the film breakdown with Coach Gruden, the kid is really accurate and very instinctive in the pocket, feeling pressure, good footwork, proper adjustments.

All the mock's I saw had him going in the first round. Looks like he's deserving of that so far.....

ps i never admit this out loud, but i hate every team except the Bills.....

Dalton so far is the best of the rookie QBs. You could argue Newton is great but the Bengals are winning more. Plus Dalton was not on the A-list of QBs in the last draft.

PTR

Agreed 100%. Coming out of that draft, Dalton was considered by most folks as the most complete, NFL Ready QB and he has done nothing to obliterate that thought. He is a very heady QB who makes good decisions. His play and the Bengals defense reminds of the rookie year for Ben Rothelisberger. Big Ben was asked to be a team manager and not make critical mistakes. He took them to the AFC Championship game that year and the Super Bowl next year. I see Andy coming up in the same mold. It is really scary that the AFC North will have four good to great QBs for years to come. Even Colt McCoy is quietly putting together a pretty strong season.

There are plenty of good QBs now in the AFC

AFC East: Brady, Fitz, Sanchez

AFC North: Ben, Flacco, Dalton, McCoy

AFC South: Manning, Schaub, Hasselbeck

AFC West : Cassel, Palmer, Rivers

The NFC...Not so much. The AFC is going to continue to be a slug feast for the next few years making it hard to get in through the wild card route.

Agreed 100%. Coming out of that draft, Dalton was considered by most folks as the most complete, NFL Ready QB and he has done nothing to obliterate that thought. He is a very heady QB who makes good decisions. His play and the Bengals defense reminds of the rookie year for Ben Rothelisberger. Big Ben was asked to be a team manager and not make critical mistakes. He took them to the AFC Championship game that year and the Super Bowl next year. I see Andy coming up in the same mold. It is really scary that the AFC North will have four good to great QBs for years to come. Even Colt McCoy is quietly putting together a pretty strong season.

There are plenty of good QBs now in the AFC

AFC East: Brady, Fitz, Sanchez

AFC North: Ben, Flacco, Dalton, McCoy

AFC South: Manning, Schaub, Hasselbeck

AFC West : Cassel, Palmer, Rivers

The NFC...Not so much. The AFC is going to continue to be a slug feast for the next few years making it hard to get in through the wild card route.

Sanchez, and McCoy make the list but the NFC is weak?

Personally, I don't like that Cincinnati gets such press about being an improved team when Buffalo is chopped liver to the talking heads. While it may be irrational, I also dislike Dalton by default.

If I see one more story about our band of misfits and their wedding ring wearing Harvard grad qb I might vomit. How many stories about us do you need?

Edited by NoSaint

1. I hate his nickname. Red Rifle

2. He throws a lot of ints. Overall record 9 tds and 7 ints. Almost 50/50

3. They praise him AS IF he won the superbowl 7 times already. Even on Nfl network someone (vic carucci..i think), said it was the #1 rookie qb/wr combo EVER??????? Really?????????????????????????????????????????????

If it was not for the great cinci defense, they would not have a winning record.

Give me a break.

You don't have any red-headed stepchildren, do you?

Responding to ganesh, I agree with NoSaint… I don't put Sanchez and McCoy in the "good quarterback" category.

Maybe some day but not right now.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

PTR

Dalton is the better of the rookie QBs because the Bengals are winning more? have to disagree with that

I like Dalton, he is playing well but Newton is playing like a top 5 QB right now

You don't have any red-headed stepchildren, do you?

Responding to ganesh, I agree with NoSaint… I don't put Sanchez and McCoy in the "good quarterback" category.

Maybe some day but not right now.

I disagree SJBF...Sanchez has taken his team to two AFC Championships and has played outstanding in the playoffs. It is not his fault that the Jets let go of Thomas Jones who had a great year running the ball. It is not his fault that the Jets have messed up the OL after building a great one. Sanchez is one of the stars in the making. All I said about McCoy is that he has done a good job of not hurting his team. Again, the Browns don't have much talent, turmoil @ the RB position and a suspect HC. In spite of that McCoy has looked like a good QB. Give him time and he will win consistently.

A McCoy is doing much better than a Josh Beck (Washington), Kevin Kolb (Arizona), Name-Your-QB (Seattle), McNabb (Minnesota), Cutler(Chicago),

Dalton is playing really well for a rookie QB

do you disagree with the thinking that they are the best rookie QB/WR combo ever? who was better?

i cant think of another combo but these guys are pretty good together

not that Im unhappy with Dareus bc I really like him or Fitz obviously but the Bills could have had both Green and Dalton, just saying

Who did Peyton throw to his rookie year?

I said before the draft that Dalton is/was a young Fitz, and I stand by that. Cinci will be competitive for a while, esp against the run heavy ravens.

IDK Brother...seems as if Flacco finally figured out how good Boldin really is. Should be interesting to see what they can do now with the speedy rookie and Boldin.

I think that is mainly because there were alot of so called experts that said the Bills would be improved, not to the level they have much none the less improve, as they showed signs of it the second half last season. Most people already had the Bengals with the #1 overall pick next year, their starting quarterback was holding out and they traded their #1 receiver. Actually, if the season were to end today, Marvin Lewis would be Chan's main competition for Coach of the Year and he probably would get it. Don't let it bother you what people say, it doesn't affect anything.

It's funny how fast everyone turned on the OP. He was probably thinking when he typed it "Man, I bet EVERYONE feels this way about stupid Dalton!"

You misfired son.

this happens a lot. i dont mind that.

i still could care less about dalton. plus he beat the bills. trust me, he gets no love from me.

i would have wanted him to throw 5 ints.

ps. i will remind all you guys how bad he sucks later. even in bills/cinci game he SUCKED in the first half. Under pressure, he will fold.

I'm having trouble thinking of any rookie QB/WR combo of significance, who do you claim is better?

i dont know exactly. it just sounds outrageous.

like who did

peyton throw too

marino

montana

young

elway

boomer

simms

ps. i was annoyed but not suicidal over it guys. maybe its EVERYONE on this board that needs a CHILL PILL

i dont know exactly. it just sounds outrageous.

like who did

peyton throw too

marino

montana

young

elway

boomer

simms

ps. i was annoyed but not suicidal over it guys. maybe its EVERYONE on this board that needs a CHILL PILL

Did any of them have a premiere rookie WR? Ultimately it was a pretty tight group they are possibly best of