KC / SD Monday Nighter

saundena

The Chiefs have really turned their season around. They look great tonight, although SD really hasn't looked all that good this year. Hard to believe we beat them 41-7 IN KANSAS CITY, based on how they are playing tonight.

I think Norv's days are numbered!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chiefs have really turned their season around. They look great tonight, although SD really hasn't looked all that good this year. Hard to believe we beat them 41-7 IN KANSAS CITY, based on how they are playing tonight.

I thought the same yesterday watching the Eagles dismember Dallas. Yet we beat them.

We had two let-down games against teams that are both 5-2. We are a very sound team right now. Why nobody understands this is beyond me.

I still don't consider the losses to the Bengals or the Giants, let-down games.

I view it as playing against two very good teams and having to play them in their stadium.

A loss to the Bills should cement that.

I view it as playing against two very good teams and having to play them in their stadium.

I agree. I view these games as letdowns because I feel that they were games where we legitimately beat ourselves. Like blew the game when it was ours to lose.

The Chiefs turned it around. I bet if we played them again, the score wouldn't be the same. The same with the Eagles, something clicked with them. Remember last year? We started 0-8 and finished 4-4? Sometimes things change throughout the season, adjustments are made, players gel, whatever. KC and Philly are getting better after slow starts, it appears. Hopefully we won't go the opposite direction like some teams have already started doing (the Redskins, for example).

Anyone else sick of the ESPN Chiefs Love Fest?

Also they mentioned all of the OCs that Cassell has had including Gailey. Does anyone else believe that if Gailey was still in KC that Cassell would be one of the best QBs in the league?

Anyone else sick of the ESPN Chiefs Love Fest?

Also they mentioned all of the OCs that Cassell has had including Gailey. Does anyone else believe that if Gailey was still in KC that Cassell would be one of the best QBs in the league?

I don't know, I'm not a Fitzhomer but I think that Gailey has it best right here.

We had two let-down games against teams that are both 5-2. We are a very sound team right now. Why nobody understands this is beyond me.

I think for a lot of people, it's a conditioned response where anything good that happens for the Bills must be a fluke. Some folks are just so paranoid about a potential collapse that they can't be objective. They can't imagine any other scenario than losing to the Jets next week, which starts the slippery slope toward missing the playoffs once again.

Here are the facts:

1. The Bills are 5-2.

2. The two losses have been by an average of 3.0 points against teams with a combined 10-4 record.

3. The five wins have been by an average of 14.0 points against teams with a combined 18-16 record.

4. The Bills are 6th in the NFL with a +64 points differential.

5. The Bills have allowed an NFL-low 8 sacks.

6. The Bills have intercepted an NFL-high 14 passes.

7. The Bills are 4th in the NFL with 5.0 yards per rush attempt.

Objectively, what part of this seems like a fluke? I've spoken to some of my more pessimistic friends and can't seem to get a better answer than "Remember 2008?".

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

I hear the Buffalo Bills are a pretty good football team....just sayin. Needless to say the Chargers have talent, but they just can't convert in key situations. 5 times they've had the ball deep in chiefs territory and they've only come away with 6 pts?!? Good teams find ways to win games, bad teams find ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The Chiefs overall have improved from their first 3 games. They still can't run the Ball, Matt Cassel isn't all that effective throwing the Ball, and their coaching kinda sucks. Playing the likes of Indy, Vikings, and a depleted Raiders team will help. The Bills and Lions win over the Chiefs was no fluke. We'd beat KC 10 times out of 10 with currently constructed rosters.

Yup I agree. Each game was decided by a field goal, and we were in both up until the last minute.

I think for a lot of people, it's a conditioned response where anything good that happens for the Bills must be a fluke. Some folks are just so paranoid about a potential collapse that they can't be objective. They can't imagine any other scenario than losing to the Jets next week, which starts the slippery slope toward missing the playoffs once again.

Here are the facts:

1. The Bills are 5-2.

2. The two losses have been by an average of 3.0 points against teams with a combined 10-4 record.

3. The five wins have been by an average of 14.0 points against teams with a combined 18-16 record.

4. The Bills are 6th in the NFL with a +64 points differential.

5. The Bills have allowed an NFL-low 8 sacks.

6. The Bills have intercepted an NFL-high 14 passes.

7. The Bills are 4th in the NFL with 5.0 yards per rush attempt.

Objectively, what part of this seems like a fluke? I've spoken to some of my more pessimistic friends and can't seem to get a better answer than "Remember 2008?".

it means our o line is better than we could have hoped before the season started. giants, eagles, skins, bengals are all in the top 12 in the league for sacks and we beat or came close to beat those teams.