Biggest Game of the Season

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning puts us up 3 games in front of the Jets and gives us tie breakers against NE and the Jets

The Patriots play the Giants, the giants are good enough to beat them, which would put us up 2 games past them

It's a big game. As Marv used to say - you need to win your division. Go Bills!

Losing would set up the unpleasant scenario where bills drop from 1st to 3rd in the division (assuming oats beat gmen at home)

Pats are in first at 6 & 2

Jets are in 2nd with same record as us but ahead in head to head

This won't be at all insurmountable quantitatively but I'd be concerned how it effects the team's psyche.

I have always said, sweep the Jets, we're in. Split with the Jets, it's gonna be close. Get swept by the Jets, we're out. Although we have some breathing room at 5-2, I still think we have to win one of the two games against New Jersey.

We may very well look back and see the Jets game as the most important game of the year. I sure hope we get a W.

I have always said, sweep the Jets, we're in. Split with the Jets, it's gonna be close. Get swept by the Jets, we're out. Although we have some breathing room at 5-2, I still think we have to win one of the two games against New Jersey.

We may very well look back and see the Jets game as the most important game of the year. I sure hope we get a W.

Beating the other conference is nice, but you have to win your division games to get respect. Biggest game of the year by far Sunday. And I will be there . First game in 3 years. Go Bills. Where will all the TBDers be? Would be interesting to actually see someone called "promo the robot". Is Tom Jolls still alive?

Edited by 8and8Forever

I agree...The Bills need to treat the Jets games now as elimination games. Beat the Jets, it's gonna be a lot easier to get in the playoffs.

Agree! And you have to win your match-up at home (Thank God they didn't move this one to Toronto).

Now it's time to destroy the Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need the Ralph Rocking great to be rooting for this awesome TEAM GO BILLS

We need to show our team what REAL FANS sound like after that wine & cheese reception in Toronto.

PTR

Sorry the biggest game of the sesaon was defeating the Pats.

YES the Bills need a win against the NYETS 0-3 on the road so far, again it is no way comparable to the win over the Putrids

I share the sentiment, but remember, the Jets laid two serious whippings on the Bills last year. A win over them on Sunday would be a huge statement.

YES the Bills need a win against the NYETS 0-3 on the road so far, again it is no way comparable to the win over the Putrids

We are in this position (top of AFCE and contending) because of that game. We got that monkey off our back and have confidence that we can literally beat any team. In that regard, the Pats* game was the 'biggest' so far. When we talk about how our games affect playoff chances, every AFCE game is big. The moniker of 'biggest' wont be decided till December rolls along.

Winning puts us up 3 games in front of the Jets and gives us tie breakers against NE and the Jets

The Patriots play the Giants, the giants are good enough to beat them, which would put us up 2 games past them

Agree this is a big game. Jets looked pretty good that last game before their bye week. We need to get off to a fast start in this one, because if we fall behind early as has been the habit in our two losses, it could get ugly. I think this is a winnable game though, particularly at home. Just got to bring the A game.

I agree. This is a must win game. Puts us in a great position for the rest of the season. Too bad it's after the Jests bye.

I'll get called "Captain Obvious" for saying this, but...every game is a must-win game. I'm amused at the forecasts on this board that try to imagine Ws and Ls--and how many look past the Dolphins. That said, I totally agree that the Jets at home is huge. Be sure that Maybin gets a lovely reception when he enters the Ralph, okay? :censored:

That was the biggest win of the season, but not the biggest game of the season. If you were looking at the schedule at the start, which game would you put as the most important, and why? I had the Bills losing that game and being 2-1 at that point. I picked the first Jets game as the biggest for reasons stated in the previous post.