Biggest Game of the Season

I've had the Jets game as the Bills' Litmus test this year. The Jets physically manhandled the Bills last year, and this was the game I thought would tell us if they are for real or not. My perspective hasn't changed. I think this is the game that determines whether the Bills are a playoff team or not.

Agreed.

Wow, that's Vegas showing the Bills a ton of respect. I thought the Jets would be favorites for sure. I was WRONG.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning puts us up 3 games in front of the Jets and gives us tie breakers against NE and the Jets

The Patriots play the Giants, the giants are good enough to beat them, which would put us up 2 games past them

Pats will beat the G-men, then the biggest game will be the season finale when we our both 14-2 and we thump them for home field advantage through out the playoffs and win the superbowl.

If we get a lead we will be hard to beat at home. Sorry TO but The Ralph is HOME.

If we get half the pressure on the QB we did today we have a great chance.

Sanchez plays well in big games. This is huge and the Jets know it. Bye weeks helps them a bit.

Bills will go toe to toe with them I know that much. :)

I think he is saying that they have 2 weeks to prepare for us which could give them an edge.

It won't. If you don't think the Bills coaches started preparing for the Jets during their bye last week you're kidding yourself.

Against division opponents you can throw that logic out the window b/c we play twice and they can get those 2 games back with 1 win.

Yah not sure why this is so hard to understand. You don't win a division tiebreaker by winning the 1st of 2 games.

I've had the Jets game as the Bills' Litmus test this year. The Jets physically manhandled the Bills last year, and this was the game I thought would tell us if they are for real or not. My perspective hasn't changed. I think this is the game that determines whether the Bills are a playoff team or not.

on the money. i've felt this way for weeks.

?

really shouldn't have to explain this on a bills message board.

I thought Williams may be out for a lot longer, perhaps even year. Sure would be good to have a truly healthy Williams to stop Jets run and pressure Sanchize.

we ALSO need a healthy mcgee to cover plax, he will eat up our other DBs

Even if Williams is out for the year or a few games more Dareus can man the middle, I thought he had his best game this year.

They are better with Dareus in the middle, and when Williams comes back they should play alot more 4-3.

Winning puts us up 3 games in front of the Jets and gives us tie breakers against NE and the Jets

The Patriots play the Giants, the giants are good enough to beat them, which would put us up 2 games past them

I can't wait until this weekend. I hope the Ralph is revved up again. I'm sure it will be.

Oh, but I can't disagree more about the Giants. They suck. New England will beat them by at least 14, AND the Eagles will win that division. Easily. You heard it here when the Giants were 5-2.

Are the Bills expecting any injured players back like Jones, Bell or Williams? Would love all 3 of course but any one would help. We need bodies for this game

From what I've heard, D Bell and D Jones have a chance to play this week. K Williams and A Williams are still going to be doubtful. We'll know a lot more on Wednesday.

Edited by FluffHead

The Jets game is the biggest game of the season since the one we played earlier today

(But only until the one we play the week after)

They're all the 'biggest game' - and the 'next game' keeps getting bigger every week that the Bills win...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

17 and 2 baby!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

Win this game and I think the playoffs are a lock. With the momentum of a win over the Jets we sweep Miami, beat Denver, and take down either Dallas or San Diego on the road. The only scare is losing out on tie breakers to the Bengals - I would never have imagined writing that sentence 2 months ago.

Even if Williams is out for the year or a few games more Dareus can man the middle, I thought he had his best game this year.

They are better with Dareus in the middle, and when Williams comes back they should play alot more 4-3.

They were playing 4-3 when Williams was there too. The difference was Merriman was playing DE with a bum shoulder and an ankle held together by string cheese.

biggest game since the willie parker show.

or the Dallas Monday night debacle...

Oh, but I can't disagree more about the Giants. They suck.

They beat us didn't they? Aren't the Giants always good for 10 wins or so? The Giants go as Eli goes... when he is playing lights out, they can beat anybody. When he's playing poorly, they don't generally win. Too bad the Giants played the Bills on a good-Manning day, let's hope he has a good outing against New England. I would love to be one up on those guys (after we whoop the Jets next week)

Win this game and I think the playoffs are a lock. With the momentum of a win over the Jets we sweep Miami, beat Denver, and take down either Dallas or San Diego on the road. The only scare is losing out on tie breakers to the Bengals - I would never have imagined writing that sentence 2 months ago.

They were playing 4-3 when Williams was there too. The difference was Merriman was playing DE with a bum shoulder and an ankle held together by string cheese.

or the Dallas Monday night debacle...

I rather see them Beat Dallas in Dallas to make up from that Monday night loss which was one of the most hurtful losses ever.