ESPN Playoff Predictor

ESPN has introduced a 2012 NFL Playoff Predictor:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7141042/introducing-espn-insider-nfl-playoffs-predictor?addata=2009_insdr_mod_nfl_xxx_xxx

It has the Bills as a #5 seed at 12-4 with a 62.9 % chance of making the playoffs.

The rest of the AFC goes like this:

#1 Patriots 14-2 with 90.6% chance

#2 Texans 12-4 with 72.6% chance

#3 Ravens 12-4 with 85.6% chance

#4 Chargers 8-8 with 55.3% chance

#6 Steelers 11-5 with 59.8% chance

If that scenario held up the Bills would travel to San Diego in the Wildcard Round. I'd signup for this scenario right now!!!

Go Bills!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We go 8-2 and the Chargers (also 4-2 right now) go 4-6? As a San Diego based Bills fan, I don't see either of those as very likely, but would love the #5 seed. But each week I am rooting against Cincinnati, Oakland, the Jets, as well as Baltimore and/or Pittsburgh (even though I think those two will both make it).

One game at a time and I'm still rooting for us to take the division, but I think most realistically Cincinnati and Oakland fall off a little, and we are battling the Jets for a wild card spot.

I think the most important game of our season is next weekend against the Jets in Buffalo. The rest can fall into place relatively simply, but losing at home to the Jets would put our backs against the wall, while beating them will put us in great shape.

Seems a bit lofty for us with our injuries--depends as much as what the Jets do as what we do. But the Texans, Chargers and Ravens are beatable if we do get there.

I don't see any scenario in which the Ravens win their division. Steelers are rolling right now. And Cinci could actually take the Ravens spot.

10/30 Washington Redskins (Tor)

4:05 pm

11/06 New York Jets

1:00 pm

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins

11/27 @ New York Jets

12/04 Tennessee Titans

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers

4:15 pm

12/18 Miami Dolphins

12/24 Denver Broncos

1/01 @ New England Patriots

The Bills should do no worse than 6-4 with this remaining schedule....I wonder where they have the Bills losing two.

I could see losses to the Pats, Jets, Cowboys, and maybe San Diego on the road. That would be 11-5 or 10-6.

ESPN has introduced a 2012 NFL Playoff Predictor:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7141042/introducing-espn-insider-nfl-playoffs-predictor?addata=2009_insdr_mod_nfl_xxx_xxx

It has the Bills as a #5 seed at 12-4 with a 62.9 % chance of making the playoffs.

The rest of the AFC goes like this:

#1 Patriots 14-2 with 90.6% chance

#2 Texans 12-4 with 72.6% chance

#3 Ravens 12-4 with 85.6% chance

#4 Chargers 8-8 with 55.3% chance

#6 Steelers 11-5 with 59.8% chance

If that scenario held up the Bills would travel to San Diego in the Wildcard Round. I'd signup for this scenario right now!!!

Go Bills!!!

I will give you my house if the Texans make 12-4. And kiss you on the kips if the Bills make 12-4!

There's something wrong with their prediction model. Five 12-win teams from the AFC, huh?

No way that the Ravens, Texans or Bills go 12-4. For the record, I predict we go 11-5. Still should be good enough to make it.

We're going 8-2 the rest of the way?

With this defense?

I just don't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong.

GO BILLS!!!

did you have us at 4-2 at this point? And NE's defense is ever bit as bad as ours. It also could be argued that we faced the best offenses (NE, Philly, Oakland) already.

With this defense?

GO BILLS!!!

+1 ESPN jumps on any bandwagons as they pass by. I dont think we will go 12-4 maybe 10-6. I can see that. But I hope Im wrong too.

did you have us at 4-2 at this point? And NE's defense is ever bit as bad as ours. It also could be argued that we faced the best offenses (NE, Philly, Oakland) already.

I'm as surprised as anyone by our 4-2 start. I had us at 2-4 before the season. And you make a very good point about the offenses we've faced. My concern is that teams aren't piling up yards in garbage time, we can't seem to make a critical stop consistently, we don't have a pass rush, our corners are very scheme-limiting, the injuries are mounting up, and we just don't look strong at the POA. Plus, we are 4-2 largely because of TOs. And, while I don't discount that our D has been forcing them and that our O has been capitalizing, I don't want to hang my hat on the fact we'll continue to generate them like we have.

Like I said, I hope I'm as wrong about the rest of the year as I was about the first six games.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm as surprised as anyone by our 4-2 start. I had us at 2-4 before the season. And you make a very good point about the offenses we've faced. My concern is that teams aren't piling up yards in garbage time, we can't seem to make a critical stop consistently, we don't have a pass rush, our corners are very scheme-limiting, the injuries are mounting up, and we just don't look strong at the POA. Plus, we are 4-2 largely because of TOs. And, while I don't discount that our D has been forcing them and that our O has been capitalizing, I don't want to hang my hat on the fact we'll continue to generate them like we have.

Like I said, I hope I'm as wrong about the rest of the year as I was about the first six games.

GO BILLS!!!

You make a lot of good points and it's understand your concern. But we have played one team with a losing record (Philly) who may have the msot talent in the entire NFL. We have lost 2 games by a field goal on the road to 2 4-2 teams.

I will never predict playoffs because I'm a Bills fan and that's setting myself up for failure. But this team is 8-6 (with a SJ drop and a bunch of 3 point/ OT losses mixed in) since starting 0-8 last year. The Bills should fear no one.

With this defense?

GO BILLS!!!

We've gone 4-2 so far against some pretty heavy-hitting offenses, so you just may be wrong. And defenses evolve; especially young ones. Sorry if I seem jumpy, it's just that the whole pre-season there was so much "how can we expected to be better than worst in the NFL with this offensive line"...now the offensive line has performed the best in all the NFL. Teams evolve and this one is doing it with something special. Besides, the Patriots and Colts have won week after week in recent years with some pretty spectacularly lousy defenses. Let's accept we might just have a special team. And if they fail, well, what have we lost.