Bills-Redskins Prediction Page

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried about their passrush, 3rd down stoppage rate, and the fact that they lost last week. It sounds crazy, but I hate playing teams after they lose, more fire the next week.

Gimme the Bills, but I don't see a cakewalk. It would be a nice change of pace though :) .

On paper we win this game! However, I am a little nervous about it. Skins are hurting, but so are we. I'm calling the Bills out to show up on Sunday. If they do, we win going away 42 - 10, if not it's close and anyone's call?

Tim-

This sounds like cliche but this game is extremely important for the Bills to win. Consider:

- Bills have lost 2 of last three

- Coming off a bye week when teams are 3-9 this year

- Down to our third LT. Not good against a well sacking team

- Merriman gone. Not that he was helping much with the pass rush but we lose a vet presence and have to make do with younger players --> results are uncertain

- KWilliams injured --> Will Troup play ? Impact ?

- Matchup stats:

Bills: overall # O versus Redskins overall # 12 D

On D: # 31 D versus Redskins #14 O; # 30 passing D versus Redskins #16 passing O; # 30 rushing D versus Redskins # 20 rushing O

On Offense: overall # 10 vs #12 D; #15 passing O vs #11 passing D; #4 rushing O vs #17 rushing D

Not a good matchup for our Defense, but titled slightly in the Bills favor on O.

What we need to do:

- Generate a pass rush, blitz a lot given that they will start sitting-duck Beck

- Run, run and run some more. Fred, Brad Smith

- Get CJ involved more as a receiver

We have edge on OC, HC but unknown edge on DC

I am predicting the Bills win 31-23.

yea i agree

Fred over 100 yds rushing

Fitz over 200 passing we should win

31-17

On paper we win this game! However, I am a little nervous about it. Skins are hurting, but so are we. I'm calling the Bills out to show up on Sunday. If they do, we win going away 42 - 10, if not it's close and anyone's call?

Tim-

You sound very sure of yourself.

i don't ever like to say "the bills win easy" because you no what?... they never do.

ok, i know... i know... kc was easy. but that was only because it was the first game and everyone in the league thought the bills were going to suck. everyone except for the bills themselves.

but honestly, in the last 10 years when did buffalo go into a game and anyone say it was going to be easy?

let's stay focused here people and not get ahead of ourselves. it's going to be a good game. buffalo should win.

let's not just cocky.

go bills.

I'm glad I wasted my time reading this.

major story of this game are the injuries on both sides, though we know our losses, here are their significant injuries:

London Fletcher will probably start but is questionable and playing with an injured hammy; chris cooley is out for season; tim hightower is out for season; santana moss is Out; starting G Lichtensteiger is out; starting Tackle Trent Williams is Out; those are huge losses on their side; and of course, their QB situation is in flux.

2 keys to this game imo: 1. Washington's strength on D is their Pass D, and the Skins give up approx 118yds/game rushing..so Freddie is going to have a typical Freddie game, but our O-line is going to have to give Fitz some time. So the 1st key is our O-line vs. their pass rush; if we lose this battle then I expect a very close game; if we win this battle, or at least hold our own, I expect a double digit win for us.

2. 2nd key: create havoc on D...our lack of pass rush was a bit of a let down vs. the giants; the giants O-line hasn't been great this season, and they had Snee out. I thought we could've produced some pass rush but we were god awful as usual..the skins have Beck at QB, a starting WR out, and two starting Olinemen out..WE HAVE to generate some pass rush this game in order to hopefully cause Beck to make some quick decision that can cause turnovers. If we're +1 or +2 in turnovers for the game, i fully expect us to win by double digits.

Redskins are banged up but so are we....but I am expect fred to have a huge day maybe even 200 yards rushing.... or total yards...... we need this win,

Excited about our base pass rush this week; I was rooting for Merriman but it was clear that he lacked explosiveness needed....to beat tackles...and he couldn't run stunts....I believe Batten and Moats will have a huge day....and don't be surprised if Dareus plays huge...he is really completely healthy