Levitre likely to start at LT vs. Washington

bills44

Really??? This could be good. If he can continue to elevate his play he would be much more valuable as a LT than LG. He might be a little small to play outside, but he's looked like a beast this year. We can always hope i guess :beer:

Hopefully Bell is back for the Jets game so Levitre can go back to guard where he's played well all year. Than the question becomes when Harriston comes back do you keep him on the bench given how he played, try him at rt, or start him over Bell at LT.... Remember that Demetrius Bell was playing extremely well before getting injured as well.

Hopefully Bell is back for the Jets game so Levitre can go back to guard where he's played well all year. Than the question becomes when Harriston comes back do you keep him on the bench given how he played, try him at rt, or start him over Bell at LT.... Remember that Demetrius Bell was playing extremely well before getting injured as well.

I think Bell was (finally) playing too well to lose his job . . . not sure what to do with Harriston though. Replace Pears at RT?

Depth at the O-Line . . . this is a new Buffalo Bills! :)

Yep. Levitre played tackle in college and got significant reps during the preseason.

With a week to prepare, I think he'll be fine.

And Rinehart has proven that he's solid at right or left guard.

I'm not really worried about left tackle right now… if it's only one week I think we'll be fine.

I am concerned with his lateral movement. When he was pressed into service as the LT in the giants game, he did not look good on some of the plays moving laterally. imo :thumbsup:

I'm hoping some of that was rust and the rest was the crowd noise… and of course the Giants have no fewer than 4 talented pass rushers.

Yep. Levitre played tackle in college and got significant reps during the preseason.

I'm not really worried about left tackle right now… if it's only one week I think we'll be fine.

I'm not sure about fine. I view it more as damage control.

I am pretty sure we will see a bunch of 2 TE sets with Lee next to Levitre often helping out

Buffalo still needs o-line depth - OSU's Levy Adcock is looking more and more appealing come April...

Q&A with OSU's Levi Adcock

LOL @ needing OL depth. First it was "the O-line sucks!" Then that was proven wrong and it was "they have no depth!" Now that that's proven wrong, it's "Why can't the Bills be THREE deep at LT?!"

I'm going to try to raise this meekly, without causing incitement, and without rallying the flamethrowers...

Does anyone else get the impression that Bell doesn't like playing through pain?

Obviously I'm not a doctor and beyond that, I have no knowledge whatsoever as to what his ailment is. But he just seems to be one of those guys who is happy to bow out rather than soldier out there... maybe I'm completely wrong.

I'm going to try to raise this meekly, without causing incitement, and without rallying the flamethrowers...

Does anyone else get the impression that Bell doesn't like playing through pain?

Obviously I'm not a doctor and beyond that, I have no knowledge whatsoever as to what his ailment is. But he just seems to be one of those guys who is happy to bow out rather than soldier out there... maybe I'm completely wrong.

LOL @ needing OL depth. First it was "the O-line sucks!" Then that was proven wrong and it was "they have no depth!" Now that that's proven wrong, it's "Why can't the Bills be THREE deep at LT?!"

Never said the o-line sucked - was pretty happy with it, actually, save for depth at guard and the RT position. I did argue loudly, though, for some veteran o-line depth.

Hard to argue the irrefutable fact that guys get hurt playing football, Doc. Depth at guard became an issue when Urbik got hurt, and depth at OT is an issue now that Bell and Hairston are both hurt, and Wang is gone.

It's simple, really - if you got no Wang, Adcock.