Levitre likely to start at LT vs. Washington

bills44

Never said the o-line sucked - was pretty happy with it, actually, save for depth at guard and the RT position. I did argue loudly, though, for some veteran o-line depth.

Hard to argue the irrefutable fact that guys get hurt playing football, Doc. Depth at guard became an issue when Urbik got hurt, and depth at OT is an issue now that Bell and Hairston are both hurt, and Wang is gone.

It's simple, really - if you got no Wang, Adcock.

I can't remember the people who, prior to the season, continued to shout about how the O-line sucked. If you were not one of them (and my post above wasn't meant for just you), I believe you.

The point was that the O-line has proven to be good AND deep, but depth has a limit. And who knows? Levitre might actually prove to be serviceable at LT?

I can't remember the people who, prior to the season, continued to shout about how the O-line sucked. If you were not one of them (and my post above wasn't meant for just you), I believe you.

The point was that the O-line has proven to be good AND deep, but depth has a limit. And who knows? Levitre might actually prove to be serviceable at LT?

I'm the guy that said 19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

Levitre no doubt has the confidence of his teammates and coaching staff, and may do just fine. What happens, though, if he rolls and ankle, pops a hamstring, or twists a knee?

Also, Doc, I'm assuming Rinehart moves up to backfill the vacancy at guard created by moving Levitre - that leaves one LG (Colin Brown - 2 games/0 starts) and one RT (Sam Young - 4 games/0 starts) on the depth chart if ANYONE on the o-line goes down this week. We're not even at the half-way mark - it's a long season, and guys get hurt.

It's pretty obvious that the Bills win more games when the o-line plays well, we just need more depth at o-line. The trade deadline has passed. Is it Jasper time? Do we comb the practice squads of other NFL teams?

Either way, drafting someone like DJ FLuker, Reilly Reiff, Mike Adams, Levy Adcock, Bobbie Massie, etc. is never a bad idea.

I am pretty sure we will see a bunch of 2 TE sets with Lee next to Levitre often helping out

When is the last time you saw Gailey do that???

I would be shocked to see many (any?) two TE formations. I think that the Bills wills start out with their regular offense and go from there. If Levitre is having trouble then maybe Chandler or back to his side to help but that's it.

When is the last time you saw Gailey do that???

I would be shocked to see many (any?) two TE formations. I think that the Bills wills start out with their regular offense and go from there. If Levitre is having trouble then maybe Chandler or back to his side to help but that's it.

I'm thinking maybe it's not so far-fetched - Gailey will have had a couple of weeks to revamp his playbook.

Don't forget we signed Marshall TE Lee Smith (known primarily as a blocking TE but can also catch the ball) off waivers from NE* back in September...

Lee Smith

Really??? This could be good. If he can continue to elevate his play he would be much more valuable as a LT than LG. He might be a little small to play outside, but he's looked like a beast this year. We can always hope i guess :beer:

YUCK

Levitre's been kicking butt as a LG, and both Bell and Hairston were doing very well at OLT.

You really think Rheinhart >> Bell/Hairston??

Bell and Hairston both out means Bills are worse at two positions now.

Edited by BobChalmers

It is amazing when you think about how many injuries the Bills have had the last few years and how some of these guys are repeatedly injured (I'm not calling you out Terrance or Demetrius...but I am looking in your direction) and then think that London Fletcher, a LB, could be missing the first game due to injury of his career this weekend (think he may have missed one for personal/family reasons).

...crazy.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts