Just got my "Circle the Wagons" Jersey

Mel Irvin

My custom Jersey just came in form China. Nobody in the states would substitute the letter "O" for the number "0" but they did over there. Just under $100 including shipping. Not sure how to insert a picture here but it came out awesome. This is where I got it from:

www.jerseysfromchinawholesale.com

post-16411-033020200 1319053512_thumb.jpg

Very cool, bur a damn shame ya had to get it from China...Hey Russ, wanna make a few bucks?

I wrote to the team store asking them if they planned on making these.... they said no. Couldn't believe it. I hafta believe that these would sell VERY well!

It looks like last years' throwback though...

The striping looks like this year...but it's missing the logo above the nameplate?

the collar is solid blue - that was my first clue.

The collar should be white with red trim. And it looks like the striping on the sleeves is down too far. Here's a good picture....

http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/470824747/2011-New-Buffalo-Bills-Jerseys-14-Ryan-Fitzpatrick-Blue-Football-jersey-free-shipping-Paypal.jpg

Throwback jersey

http://www.myjerseyshop.com/images/nfljerseys/BUF/BUF20021.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, but what does 'circling the wagons' mean anyway? Is it a farming metaphor as in 'getting to work' in a old-school, get-your-hands-dirty kind of way?

Bills are named after Buffalo Bill Cody -from the old west. In the old west, when pioneering settlers headed there with wagons and ran into trouble (Indians, renegades, robbers), they'd circle the wagons for defensive position to battle all oncoming attacks from all sides. Just when it looked bad for the settlers, they'd circle the wagons and fend off the bad guys.

See?

Excuse my ignorance, but what does 'circling the wagons' mean anyway? Is it a farming metaphor as in 'getting to work' in a old-school, get-your-hands-dirty kind of way?

Circle the Wagons

Look for protection, get defensive, get ready for an attack; from the old west where the pioneers would circle their wagons for protection from the Indians.

Bringing your team back from sheer defeat to victory in heroic fashion.

Week 4 of the 08 season the Buffalo Bills came back from a losing first half, rallied their defense, and kicked the St. Louis Rams butts. They had to circle the wagons in the second half to come back and win.

When the Buffalo Bills (NFL franchise) "circle the wagons" to pull out a victory that was sure to be a defeat. (coined by Chris Bermen ESPN analyst) "Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills."

My link

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks