Kent Hull Passed Away

Wow. Shocked to see this news....

Nice piece from Jerry Sullivan:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article599109.ece

That was a great article. We were truly blessed having so many football character guys that understood the relationship between this team and the fans during the 90's. Kent Hull was a great player who led by his play on the field.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, how sad. Thank you Kent for your time here. I and every other Bills fan from the SuperBowl teams knew who you were and how much you meant to the offensive success of that Bills team. RIP, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Condolences to his family and friends.

Old School, hard working, tough as nails, respected by everyone.

Read an interview with Jim Kelly recently where he was saying he would let Kent call plays sometimes when they were rolling teams. JK called the plays at the line most of the time anyway, and he said sometimes we'd line up, and Kent would look over the formation, call out the assignments and the play, Jim would restate it to the wideouts and the backs and they'd fire away. What a cool relationship those two had, I'm sure this is a tough pill for JK to swallow.

I just can't believe this... 51 is way too young. Kent Hull was and still is an inspiration. What a Huge loss this is to Bills nation. He was a rock and could always be counted on. Really sad news :( RIP Kent. Everything you did for the Bills will always live on with us fans. This must be hitting Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, Talley and the gang pretty hard. Condolences to his family.

Such a loss. The more you read about how he affected his teamates and their families, the more you realize what a special guy Kent was:

"The last time Hull walked through the Bills locker room, his peers gave him a 6-minute standing ovation."

"Levy's wife, Fran, was so heartbroken she sobbed openly upon learning the news. Patti Thomas, the wife of Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas, also had difficulty speaking because she was overcome by emotion when reached by phone.

In an email to The Associated Press, Thurman Thomas wrote: "We have suffered a tremendous loss. Kent was a teammate, big brother and best friend. My heart breaks for His amazing family. My heart breaks period. He will be a best friend and in my heart forever."