Canadian Perspective - As A Bills Fan I Hate When They Play In Toronto

As a hardcore Bills fan all my life, I hate the games in Toronto and I am Canadian. it sucks even more because the Buffalo Bills are now competitive. A crucial game coming up and it's on a neutral field. Essentially losing any home advantage because the crowd noise and atmosphere is just lame at these games almost like a "corporate" feel to it. Even worse is at the Ralph the crowd noise has just been ridiculously loud.

The bye week couldn't come at a better time though. Not only with our injuries - Williams, Jones, Merriman etc we get an extra week to prepare for the Redskins. I believe the Redskins play the Panthers next week, then the Bills in two weeks.

GO BILLS!

I watched the Calgary/Toronto CFL game on TV the other day. Apparently Toronto isn't that crazy for the Argos either.

PTR

Toronto is just one lousy sports town. It's Leafs and nothing else there.

As for the atmosphere, if there was ever a game Bills fans needed to cross the border for, this is it. Take back homefield. Tickets can't be too expensive as they aren't selling at all. Load up 20 buses from the Ralph and make it happen!

Anyone know how close to a sellout the game is?

It's a complete sell-out in so much that they sold out the good fans of Buffalo to try and make things work in a city where 75% of the fans seem to be cheering for the opposition.

Toronto is my hometown, but is a pathetic NFL town. They have no idea about anything but hockey. No offense to hockey (and I am a Leafs fan by default) but they have two other pro franchises (Jays, Raps) that only get support when they are winning while the leafs sell out every game despite their pathetic play for most of the past 4 decades.

Maybe all the bandwagon hoppers will jump on now that the Bills are winners? At least it would make for a louder stadium than the tomb the Bills have played to the past few years.

As another Bills fan in Toronto, I agree - it's terrible that they're coming here for an important game. Bad bad bad. My dad and I will try to make some noise.

I'll defend Toronto in one respect: it's not a bad sports town. The Raptors have a big and extremely devoted following - some of you, I'm sure, have read Bill Simmons making fun of the "Raptors Truthers" who email him rants - and the Jays had a great fan base when they were last a contender, which was a long time ago. People don't go to games because of the awful stadium and the mediocrity.

All the Toronto games are sellouts. Rogers bought the games from Ralph and can sell the tickets at whatever price they think they can get for them. Ralph got the money for all the games up front; no blackouts, regardless of how many seats are empty.

Toronto is just one lousy sports town. It's Leafs and nothing else there.

As for the atmosphere, if there was ever a game Bills fans needed to cross the border for, this is it. Take back homefield. Tickets can't be too expensive as they aren't selling at all. Load up 20 buses from the Ralph and make it happen!

Checked yesterday and they want $275 for a lower bowl seat. No way will I pay that. Happy birthday, Ralph!