George Carlin spot on

Pete

I don't know where the tipping point was WRT the obesity epidemic, but the fact that first "Survivor" winner Richard Hatch was prosecuted for child abuse for making his overweight adopted son begin a walking regime was a low spot in the degeneration of our society.

I mean, Richard Hatch is what he is --- you can hate him for not paying his taxes, say he's a manipulator, call him a big gay bear --- but trying to put him in jail because he wants to get his son some exercise to get healthier? Seriously, WTF?

I wouldn't have as big a problem with obesity if I weren't forced to subsidize it with higher health insurance premiums, because companies now legally cannot charge overweight people more.

The land of plenty became the land of too much and it's populated by people who must have and have and have.

He was also very funny at one point. And this video is not a representation of that time in his career.

She's so fat...how does she ****? Damn, Georgey, that's some real funny stuff there. :rolleyes:

I liked Carlin. Appreciate anyone who can equally piss off p[eople of both political stripes.

The big BIG flaw with Carlin, however was that his acts started out funny and brilliant, but by about 15 minutes in they started turning and by 30 minutes in were more of less just the ramblings of a bitter man and he came off sounding small.

Edited by RkFast

I liked Carlin. Appreciate anyone who can equally piss off p[eople of both political stripes.

This. The following is still one of my favorite videos of all time (NSFW):

Edited by LeviF91

Carlin was the guest host for the very FIRST SNL.

Actually, the name of the show then was simply 'Saturday Night' ("Live from NY it's Saturday Night!")

I have the first season on DVD and recommend it highly. They spent season one figuring out what kind of variety show they were going to be.

Carlin did become much more political and acidic after a few decades of changing his comedy to pass the censors.

NSFW

youtube.com/watch?v=nLRQvK2-iqQ&feature=related

George was ahead of his time

youtube.com/watch?v=wV1lZMTCqf8&feature=related

spot on again. The man speaks the truth. And I found his fat people !@#$ing comments funny. But then again, I have a sense of humor