Today's reffing

Steve O

What about the incomplete pass play right before the half, I think it was jsut after a TO/9 yrd draw play by Bradshaw. The clock was at 26 seconds. The giants ran a play which ended up being an incomplete pass. At the end of the paly, still 26 seconds on the clock.

It didnt affect the game at all, but honestly, the clock didnt run on that play and no one noticed.

Haven't seen anything complaining about the blown calls. In particular the no call on Freddie on our first posession of the second half. Clearly interference, it changed the flow of the game. Instead of tie game with the ball in good field position we were playing from behind. Also one of the Giants TD's looked like it should have been oveturned.

Just once I want to see someone start a thread after we win and sight the calls that went in our favor to help win the game and give the refs credit for the win...

I mean seriously, people need to watch other football games besides just a Bills game...every game, every week, of every season has calls that could have gone another direction...its football. However, Bills fans seem to just want to pin losses on the refs when they feel the call didnt go their way, then when we win and we get some favorable calls the same people say the refs had nothing to do with it and we are just that good.

Refs had nothing to do with this loss today...the D (especially Drayton) and the O (especially Fitz) made too many mistakes and struggled most of the day...thats why we lost.

What about the incomplete pass play right before the half, I think it was jsut after a TO/9 yrd draw play by Bradshaw. The clock was at 26 seconds. The giants ran a play which ended up being an incomplete pass. At the end of the paly, still 26 seconds on the clock.

It didnt affect the game at all, but honestly, the clock didnt run on that play and no one noticed.

I saw that as well. I rewound the game though and the clock said 30 seconds during the play. So I figured it was a mistake prior to that play with the game clock time.

And it's not the job of the refs to determine whether a player would have gotten a FD or not. That was clear PI and should have been a penalty and FD, "cheap" or not.

Jackson catches that ball and he's still well short of the first down. So essentially your arguing that because we didn't get an unearned first, we didn't win? The call wouldve been fair to make but the penalty was far more harsh than what is deserved in that case. He was well short even with the catch. The refs let it slide. I promise you that they said "we could call it but it would be a bigger impact as a call than a noncall"

Did you read the last sentence I wrote? Here it is once more.

The Bills should have won this game anyways, but to say REfs are a nonfactor in games is like saying pepperoni is not a key ingredient in Pizza!

The call I have a problem with was the non call on the hit naman at the end of the game......that was a obvious 15 yarder and an obvious blow to the head on a defenseless receiver.

John, that was my main issue, that seemed to be the poster hit for a defenseless receiver. There was no way in the world that he could protect himself, and a flag should have been thrown. To me, this is the new NFL, lets tout our new rules to keep players safe, but we will only apply it when we want. Just an awful non call.

SUCKED just like the last 2 or 3 weeks!!!

At lesat they got the 2nd non TD call right!!!

side bar .....

Now we know why Phil Simms in in the booth and not coaching ... let them score? The Bills held them to a FG!!!!

And they even figured out what Pass Interference looks like, takes a few to warm up.

As dumb as the refs are though, the Bills clearly lost this game, albeit it took the whole team playing together to lose it. We were on the road with several injuries, we laid an egg.

The call I have a problem with was the non call on the hit naman at the end of the game......that was a obvious 15 yarder and an obvious blow to the head on a defenseless receiver.

That was a brutal non-call. Of course, not a mention of it on the CBS broadcast.

The TD call when Bradshaw was down was fairly annoying. The non-call on the blatant PI on Jackson was bad - resulted in a 3-and-out on the first possession of the 2nd half.

Had no problem with any of the penalties on Florence. I have no idea why it's so difficult for the Bills' CBs to turn around and play the ball on those types of plays.

Haven't seen anything complaining about the blown calls. In particular the no call on Freddie on our first posession of the second half. Clearly interference, it changed the flow of the game. Instead of tie game with the ball in good field position we were playing from behind. Also one of the Giants TD's looked like it should have been oveturned.

That should have been an interference, but there was also a non-call against us that was big. On the Roosevelt TD, the play clock was clearly down to "0" and the refs didn't call delay of game, which would have taken away a TD. What comes around goes around, I think it all evens up in the end.

I'll take a cheap first down any time. I think that non call was a mojo changer.

It wouldn't have been cheap. That was a clear case of PI. It was more obvious that even the ones Florence was called for and his were obvious to me.

I've gotten used to horrible officiating this season. I see a huge difference in the quality of officiating between this year and last year.

You are right, the officiating league wide has been inconsistent this year, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. I don't think in the long run any teams gets it worse or better than others, except for the protecting the superstars (Brady, etc.) which has gone on forever in all the sports.

The refs did not cost us the game. Yes, they missed the call on Freddie but we had plenty of opportunities to overcome that call.

Florence was putrid today and deserving of all his penalties. What a poor game for a veteran player to have. Had he turned around on the last pass interference he would have had an easy pick.

We did not make any enough big plays today. McKelvin had a nice break up on the play before winning FG, how nice an interception would have been?

The story of this game is no pressure on Manning, and tons of pressure on Fitz. Fitz had two picks on underthrown balls and Manning none.

Don't blame the zebras for this one.

I have noticed this with McKelvin and few other DB's. It has to be the coaching, these guys have got to turn their head and look for the ball. It will save us from getting PI calls as well.

That was definitely pass interference on the play to Freddie Jackson. Whether or not it was first down yardage is inconsequential. Interference....first down!!

I've read what the coach and the QB say about that pass to Stevie that got picked. I disagree with them making the call. We were in field goal range, and I think we could've run the ball a couple times and taken the FG. But that's why I work at my job and watch them do theirs.