Is there any doubt we need a FRANCHISE QB ?

This is insane. We haven't seen this kind of offensive production in years, and it's in large part due to Fitz.

Maybe the problems lately have been a product of our WR-injury woes.

Those two terribly underthrown passes to what most consider our best receiver, which has nothing to do with injuries, lost the game, plain and simple. Fitz was bad yesterday, he is in no way a championship caliber QB, but people here just feel the need to make excuses for him. He is a hard nosed, over acheiver who gives his all but his physical tools fall short of a franchise quarterback.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those two terribly underthrown passes to what most consider our best receiver, which has nothing to do with injuries, lost the game, plain and simple. Fitz was bad yesterday, he is in no way a championship caliber QB, but people here just feel the need to make excuses for him. He is a hard nosed, over acheiver who gives his all but his physical tools fall short of a franchise quarterback.

And your solution for a QB upgrade is . . . ?

Also: See Brees.

As a footnote: Also see Favre.

I have no issue with how Fitz played yesterday. I put the loss more on the defense than the offense. Were his mistakes killers? Yes. But its hard to win when a team puts up 400+ yards against you. Giants put up 414 yesterday. Were we in a position to win? Yes, but it wasn't an easy one. If our D could have made a few more key stops, then Fitz wouldn't have been pressured as much as he was.

It almost feels like Dick Juron is in his ear. I dont see the aggressive play anymore. I dont know if its Fitz or Chan, but i dont see too many chances stretching the field anymore to open up the field. I mean it wasnt a complete disaster just heartbreaking.

I have no issue with how Fitz played yesterday. I put the loss more on the defense than the offense. Were his mistakes killers? Yes. But its hard to win when a team puts up 400+ yards against you. Giants put up 414 yesterday. Were we in a position to win? Yes, but it wasn't an easy one. If our D could have made a few more key stops, then Fitz wouldn't have been pressured as much as he was.

P.S. - See Jim Kelly (my all-time favorite player) like a few dozen times . . .

When the turnovers dried up, and our defense was laid bare, the yardage monster bit us again on defense. I don't get this team- we enjoy a +5 turnover ratio, and win by 7, and suffer a -3 turnover ratio and lose by 3.

It's the 3rd game with a lot of bad throws of Fitzpatrick. Today 2 underthrows became int specially the 2nd cost us the game and that last drive prove we need a franchise QB. I know it's not all Fitz fault but it's clear as water. We have a very good backfield, a good group of WR, a decent OL (spite of the injuries). But the D doesn't make the right adjustments and the QB has all day to get rid of the ball. I'm just pissed, lose because a team outplayed you, fine. But lose because your own mistakes like today and that Cincy game just makes me crazy. :wallbash:

You and all the other cry baby's need to stop your complaining about Fitz. He is having a hell of a year and if you look at his stats over the last 17 games it's clear he's the best thing we've had since Jim Kelly. Mike Vick is a franchise QB, Tom Brady is a franchise QB, and Matt Cassel was a pro bowler last year. Fitz out played all 3 of them. I guess those teams need to look for another "franchise QB". Before Fitz it was dreadful to watch our offense. We couldn't even get first downs. If we were down 7 points it felt like the game was over already. You don't think Fitz is the biggest reason our line looks good. Fred jackson and Gailey's calls contribute to that but Fitz is the main reason our line has looked good. I admit Fitz had a bad game yesterday but all good Qb's play poorly, even Kelly had me cussing at times. Crap, when is the last time we had a QB knock off the Patriots... I am so tired of the whiners on here who are never happy. So to answer your stupid statement, there is a lot of doubt that we DO NOT need a franchise QB. I might change my mind after the season but from what we saw so far, that is just dumb!!!

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

The last guy we want at QB is someone who leads a young/inexperienced team to a 4-2 start while putting up just about the most points in the league. Anytime a QB throws two interceptions in a game, it obviously means he's no good. We should cut him and possibly even kick him out of New York state, altogether. How dare he not have a perfect game every week? What a bum.

I agree Fitz had a bad game. But it is way to reactionary to call for Fitz's head. Sheesh, we are down three WR's to injury. Levitre playing LT and we only lost by three and could/should have won it.

The sky is not falling. The injury bug is killing us though. Who will we have back after the bye week?

lulz at this thread. Op probably had the majority of it written before the game...just itchin for a bad outing so he could click send.

This^^^

Perspective folks. I was thinking about the Loyd, Wayne trade rumors and I was thinking that at first I admit I thought it might be a good idea for the right price, I realize that there are a lot worse off teams than us, and our price would not even be considered. That said, we're really not that bad off. This is year 2 of an 11 rebuilding project :) And we have the right people at the helm, IMO. I see us being maybe two, or three solid picks away from being a consistent playoff team. I'm willing to be happy with a playoff birth this year, or winning record at least, and a good run next year at the division title. No need to give up our future quite yet.

We're 6 points from 6 - 0 record (if you'r e glass half full guy like me) and a few feet short of winning this game.. I'm not about to lose my mind just yet.. :)

Go Bills!

Tim-

• 1 month later...

You and all the other cry baby's need to stop your complaining about Fitz. He is having a hell of a year and if you look at his stats over the last 17 games it's clear he's the best thing we've had since Jim Kelly. Mike Vick is a franchise QB, Tom Brady is a franchise QB, and Matt Cassel was a pro bowler last year. Fitz out played all 3 of them. I guess those teams need to look for another "franchise QB". Before Fitz it was dreadful to watch our offense. We couldn't even get first downs. If we were down 7 points it felt like the game was over already. You don't think Fitz is the biggest reason our line looks good. Fred jackson and Gailey's calls contribute to that but Fitz is the main reason our line has looked good. I admit Fitz had a bad game yesterday but all good Qb's play poorly, even Kelly had me cussing at times. Crap, when is the last time we had a QB knock off the Patriots... I am so tired of the whiners on here who are never happy. So to answer your stupid statement, there is a lot of doubt that we DO NOT need a franchise QB. I might change my mind after the season but from what we saw so far, that is just dumb!!!

Well we're now 5-5 outscored by a bunch of points. Do you already change your mind. Because now your reply looks pretty stupid. It's not just been negative, it's just been objective. I think today not just Fitz look awfull, the O-line is banged up with injuries. I have a lot of respect to Levitre, play all the positions is just too much for anyone. The defense is a joke, the spark is gone and Fitz accuracy is simply non existant, but we don't have any decent QB on the roster so Fitz it's the only option. It's just sad but right now we look worst than Indy. I really hope we can turn around for the next game but with so many injuries looks like the season is done.

QB is the least of our problems right now. With a healthy starting line up, Fitz plays pretty good. Our problem is the defense and lack of depth. However, if an amazing QB prospect fell to us in the draft (and based on the way we are playing- he wouldn't have to fall very far), then I say we draft him.

QB is the least of our problems right now. With a healthy starting line up, Fitz plays pretty good. Our problem is the defense and lack of depth. However, if an amazing QB prospect fell to us in the draft (and based on the way we are playing- he wouldn't have to fall very far), then I say we draft him.

QB is part of the problem. Fitz's throws which were high and off target had nothing to do with his WRs or OL. Hes an inaccurate QB, why do you think he wasnt a starter until he was 28???? bc no other NFL personnel saw what Gailey saw? cmon now.

Even earlier in the season he was making terrible throws. this isnt something that just appeared.

QB is part of the problem. Fitz's throws which were high and off target had nothing to do with his WRs or OL. Hes an inaccurate QB, why do you think he wasnt a starter until he was 28???? bc no other NFL personnel saw what Gailey saw? cmon now.

Even earlier in the season he was making terrible throws. this isnt something that just appeared.

Your are right, but he is not the Biggest problem. Certainly QB will have to be addressed in the next two drafts, but there are bigger holes in this team than QB (ie DEFENSE). If given a healthy line and decent WRs, I think we can have an above average offense with Fitz at the reigns

We all know Fitz isn't very accurate, but to put all the blame on him is ridiculous. He can't catch the ball too. I think he did that too.. In the NFL, if you can touch it you should catch it. The last few weeks have been hilarious. Nelson, Smith, Stevie.. Last week Spiller's deep ball, Jones on 4th down. Our receivers need to do a better job of catching the ball. AND our D needs to stop someone... I have no problem drafting a Franchise QB, but its not a certainty. Look at Rivers.

Yes, Fitz has had a terrible 3 game stretch, He needs help too..

QB, I propose, is a position you don't necessarily draft based on need. You draft QB when the time is right - and that is when the prospects are there. You don't wait until you need a QB and then go looking for one and hope he will miraculously appear. Just because there is a draft every year, doesn't mean there is a Franchise caliber QB in every one. And, it just so happens it also means that once in a while, there are a bunch of good QB's in one draft. It's just how it works. So, the smart personnel guy will see that when there's an opportunity to grab a QB the likes of who might not be around again for a few years or more, you don't pass on it just because you gave a mediocre QB a contract that is about average for a starting QB in the NFL. You take the QB when he is there to take.

Give us a healthy OL and a three WR set of Stevie, Nelson and Justin Blackmon (drafted out of OK St. -- I can dream, right?) and you'll stop your bitching and complaining about Fitz in a hurry.

You guys act like Fitz is the only QB in the NFL who has accuracy issues on occasion. Start watching some other games from time to time instead of trolling on this board 24/7. Go back and watch tapes of Eli Manning's first five years and how many "oopsies" he threw...and how many were transformed into a big play by a quality, star-level WR (read: Burress, Plaxico). Or take a look at how many INTs that Drew Brees has tossed over the past three seasons. Or, how about the Chargers' franchise QB this year?

Important: I'm not putting Fitz on par with any of the league's top QBs. But all of your Fitz bashers need to take a deep breath and examine the entire picture of what's gone on with this team over the past month. Fitzpatrick isn't out there performing in a vacuum. And stop acting like the contract is causing this, cos it's just crap reasoning that a 14-year-old would come up with.