Levitre Ranked best guard in nfl through 5

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when as a rookie, Kris Jenkins or some behemoth drove him back into Trent and everyone was freaking out that Andy was too small.

I guess 6'2" 305 pounds is plenty big enough… if a guy actually knows how to play football.

I still vividly remember what that looked like haha. That was as classic and pure of a dominating bull rush as I've ever seen. He hasn't been letting that happen anymore.

Pretty damn impressive considering he was benched in training camp he's been more then a pleasant surprise he's been a force.

Its was supposed to be NFL sorry my laptops autocorrect changed it for some reason I'm not that stupid

That is surprising because of training camp, maybe he saves it for the regular season or maybe getting benched lit a fire under him, either I'm glad he is number one. I also think he is a lot bigger than his listing of 303 because when I saw him at kids day he looked just as big as the other guys and he definitely had bigger arms.

Pretty damn impressive considering he was benched in training camp he's been more then a pleasant surprise he's been a force.

Its was supposed to be NFL sorry my laptops autocorrect changed it for some reason I'm not that stupid

His benching in preseason was one of three things:

a. A kick in the azz to bring him to the realization of his talent

b. An excuse to see Rhinhart play with the first unit.

c. both of the above

I'll will pick c.

With NFL rewind i've rewound the majority of snaps this year paying attention to the lines - Levitre has been a beast. He never seems content to just make an initial block - he often is then roaming to the 2nd level looking to kill someone.

That is actually one thing the whole OL has been doing. You watch them and they are not just jogging around during plays or not able to keep up - they are running around full speed out in front of plays all just looking to hit people. They are not just mobile to get to where they need to be, but when they get there they are also looking to blow people up. Last week, with all the different types of screens that were being run, to see each OLman execute their different assignments (and actually hit people), and see it all choreographed, it was a beautiful thing.

One other thing - at one point during the game they put up a graphic for Chandler, and I can't remember what it said, but it referenced something about him not being a great blocker. Nothing could be further from the truth. Chandler's blocking has been so absolutely key to so many positive plays this year it is ridiculous. Next time he ends up lined up near the backfield when the ball is snapped just watch him - the majority of the time he will make a perfect block to seal a defender and open a hole.

Edited by stevewin

Blurb from Rotoworld:

Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com notes that Bills LG Andy Levitre "mauled" the Eagles defensive line in Week 5.

Prisco's film study gibes with the findings of Pro Football Focus, who rate Levitre as the best guard in the NFL through five weeks. It's an amazing turnaround for the 2009 second-rounder, who had to fight off Chad Rinehart to keep his starting job this summer.

I love seeing the word "mauled" being used with the Bills OL!