Levitre Ranked best guard in nfl through 5

With NFL rewind i've rewound the majority of snaps this year paying attention to the lines - Levitre has been a beast. He never seems content to just make an initial block - he often is then roaming to the 2nd level looking to kill someone.

That is actually one thing the whole OL has been doing. You watch them and they are not just jogging around during plays or not able to keep up - they are running around full speed out in front of plays all just looking to hit people. They are not just mobile to get to where they need to be, but when they get there they are also looking to blow people up. Last week, with all the different types of screens that were being run, to see each OLman execute their different assignments (and actually hit people), and see it all choreographed, it was a beautiful thing.

One other thing - at one point during the game they put up a graphic for Campbell, and I can't remember what it said, but it referenced something about him not being a great blocker. Nothing could be further from the truth. Campbell's blocking has been so absolutely key to so many positive plays this year it is ridiculous. Next time he ends up lined up near the backfield when the ball is snapped just watch him - the majority of the time he will make a perfect block to seal a defender and open a hole.

Who's Campbell?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Levitre is only a 76 in Madden?????

It just goes back to what everyone already knew. It doesnt matter who you have at RB/WR (late round nobodies/undrafteds) If you OL and QB are playing well your O will be great. This applies to the DL/front 7 too.

Or you could be the dream team Iggles with superstar CBs and weapons galore on offense, but your OL sucks and you are 1-4.

And can someone please post a link to this mystery article? I searched PFF but didnt see it

It's in the premium stats tab under position rankings. You need to be a member to access the information there. Fred Jackson is their #1 rated RB.

So now every single thread here has to contain:

1) "Ralph is cheap!" - wow that's funny every time

2) The pixie dude - never gets old fellas!

3) "We suck at drafting!"

Yawn freakin' yawn. Can we get back to discussing football folks?

Levitre has been absolutely dominant this year. He's playing at a Pro Bowl level and, dare I say it, better than Mankins. I've also noticed improved play from Wood this year, who seems to be stronger in the lower body now that his injury is past him. Quietly, the Bills have built through the middle on both offense and defense, and it's the right way to build a football team. The Eagles, by contrast, have spent a ton of money and draft picks on WRs and cornerbacks, and the results were plainly on display last Sunday.

Is Levitre our new Ritcher? Is Wood our new Hull? Hairston shows promise and Bell can still improve. Our line as a whole is impressing, including Chandler.

I have been impressed with pears honestly. Urbik too. If hairstons play wasn an enomoly, I wonder if Bell finds himself as the odd man out?

Its amazing how quickly a team can turn around with the right men in charge acquiring the talent, and the right man coaching said talent.

It's in the premium stats tab under position rankings. You need to be a member to access the information there. Fred Jackson is their #1 rated RB.

Could you copy paste some of the other lists for us? Maybe the top 10 or something? I dont think their stuff is copyrighted so it shouldnt even be in violation of the TBD rules!

Blurb from Rotoworld:

Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com notes that Bills LG Andy Levitre "mauled" the Eagles defensive line in Week 5.

Prisco's film study gibes with the findings of Pro Football Focus, who rate Levitre as the best guard in the NFL through five weeks. It's an amazing turnaround for the 2009 second-rounder, who had to fight off Chad Rinehart to keep his starting job this summer.

I love seeing the word "mauled" being used with the Bills OL!

Awesome quotea

I have been impressed with pears honestly. Urbik too. If hairstons play wasn an enomoly, I wonder if Bell finds himself as the odd man out?

Its amazing how quickly a team can turn around with the right men in charge acquiring the talent, and the right man coaching said talent.

Could you copy paste some of the other lists for us? Maybe the top 10 or something? I dont think their stuff is copyrighted so it shouldnt even be in violation of the TBD rules!

PFF is copyrighted but if you have specific players you want to know about let me know and I can look them up for you.

It just goes back to what everyone already knew. It doesnt matter who you have at RB/WR (late round nobodies/undrafteds) If you OL and QB are playing well your O will be great. This applies to the DL/front 7 too.

It doesn't say that at all. Fred Jackson is a playing like a superstar because of his ability and performance on the field. If you put another late round nobody/undrafted with the OL playing like this our offense would be average. The Bills O has been playing well because the OL has been good, Fitz has been smart and good, and Jackson has been great and Gailey has been great.