Reggie Wayne

taglientep

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, no thanks. Giving up draft picks for old players is the opposite of what we are trying to do, isn't it?

Wayne is coming off one of his best years (111 catches), and hasn't not had 1,000 yards for about 7 or 8 years. Not like he is an old, injured, past his prime player. Besides, the Bills have taken chances with oft injured vets, who havent contributed in years (Merriman), Wayne would be a no-brainer.

c'mon. there's so much rampant green speculation here, that there's no way you could make any conclusions here. i'm surprise someone had the nerve to post this on the interwebs in the first place.

jw

Get a TV... There is your link

No that's not a link. This isn't a real report. You either misheard something on espn, or enjoy lying.

For future reference, if someone says a player is a good fit, thats not a report that we're interested. It's not even a rumor.

Reggie Wayne for a 4th is a no brainer.

Reggie Wayne for Lee Evans straight up is a no brainer.

It's seriously a no brainer, like even a mouth breathing yokel would would not hesitate.

Anyone questioning this idea either

A.) Does not know who Reggie Wayne is.

B.) Does not have an understanding of the Bills current WR injuries

C.) Overvalues a second 4th round pick

D.) Is Stoopid

E.) All of the Above

Sounds too good to be true to me.

Reggie Wayne is 33 and will still be productive when he is 36.

If he sticks around AND is productive for 3-4 years, I'd support the trade.

But at 33, I assume every year is his last, and I really don't know how I feel about trading draft picks for one year players.

Per schefter on ESPN just now the Bills may look to acquire R Wayne from the Colts for a 4th....Why not we have a 4th to spare :thumbsup:

I have been watching ESPN and seen this segment.

How about actually listening to what Schefter said...

He made a list of 4 trades, he THINKS would make sense. He said Reggie Wayne going to Buffalo for a 4th would make sense because Buffalo needs WR help and he thinks Wayne would fit in here well.

All 4 trade proposals he made, were HIS OPINION of what would make sense if it happened. He said 2 times... "This is factitious and for fun, these are trades that I THINK would make sense"

Edited by Beastly Dareus

I still think we are rebuilding, personally. I'd rather draft someone we can use for a few years than trade a draft pick for a guy that'll be around for 11 games at most.

I would agree if we didn't have 2 of our preseason top 4 WRs on IR and Donald Jones out 4 - 6. We can't take our new found success for granted. If we want to keep this rolling and playing our 4 and 5 wide sets we need another quality WR. Getting Reggie Wayne or Brandon Lloyd would be predicated upon them signing and playing for 3 to 4 years.

I would agree if we didn't have 2 of our preseason top 4 WRs on IR and Donald Jones out 4 - 6. We can't take our new found success for granted. If we want to keep this rolling and playing our 4 and 5 wide sets we need another quality WR. Getting Reggie Wayne or Brandon Lloyd would be predicated upon them signing and playing for 3 to 4 years.

Again, if that's the case, he sticks around for a while AND is productive, I'll take it.

But like I said, at his age, I assume every year is his last, and it's hard to trade away picks for what amounts to a one year player.

I don't think we're going to the Superbowl with or without him, so I say give our younger guys playing time, pick up someone off FA and keep the draft for continued rebuilding.

If he sticks around AND is productive for 3-4 years, I'd support the trade.

But at 33, I assume every year is his last, and I really don't know how I feel about trading draft picks for one year players.

The "30" rule applies to RBs not WRs.

There is no reason to assume every year is his last year.

He is HOF caliber WR.

He probably gets in before Reed on account of the ring.

I have been watching ESPN and seen this segment.

How about actually listening to what Schefter said...

He made a list of 4 trades, he THINKS would make sense. He said Reggie Wayne going to Buffalo for a 4th would make sense because Buffalo needs WR help and he thinks Wayne would fit in here well.

All 4 trade proposals he made, were HIS OPINION of what would make sense if it happened. He said 2 times... "This is factitious and for fun, these are trades that I THINK would make sense"

Further evidence that people like tag need to read more and post less.

GoBillsinDallas should receive an award, and the thread should be closed.

Reggie Wayne for a 4th is a no brainer.

Reggie Wayne for Lee Evans straight up is a no brainer.

It's seriously a no brainer, like even a mouth breathing yokel would would not hesitate.

Anyone questioning this idea either

A.) Does not know who Reggie Wayne is.

B.) Does not have an understanding of the Bills current WR injuries

C.) Overvalues a second 4th round pick

D.) Is Stoopid

E.) All of the Above

Sounds too good to be true to me.

Reggie Wayne is 33 and will still be productive when he is 36.

Agreed.

Again, no thanks. Giving up draft picks for old players is the opposite of what we are trying to do, isn't it?

I teld to agree, but a 4th is nothing. A forth is marcus easly. I still feel Wayne is legit, he isnt producing this eyar bc Manning is out. Besides, if its teh 4th we got for Lee, thats like trading Lee for Wayne... talk about a total steal for us.

The "30" rule applies to RBs not WRs.

There is no reason to assume every year is his last year.

He is HOF caliber WR.

He probably gets in before Reed on account of the ring.

I agree that he's great.

And if he were 30, I'd have a different opinion than if he were 33. To me as soon as you get closer to 35, than 30, your time is limited.

Again, if he stayed for a few years and is productive, then cool, do it... but I just doubt it for some reason. I guess I'm dumb or stupid or whatever.

Either way, it looks like this is just one person's opinion on something that should happen, not something that is actually going to happen. So it's all moot. :)

No that's not a link. This isn't a real report. You either misheard something on espn, or enjoy lying.

For future reference, if someone says a player is a good fit, thats not a report that we're interested. It's not even a rumor.

If you are not interested in something don't read it. There is no requirement on this site to post a link to everything someones types on their keyboard. In fact it is one of the most retarded sounding things when someone replies with "link?". If it is that important go find the link yourself.

Again, if that's the case, he sticks around for a while AND is productive, I'll take it.

But like I said, at his age, I assume every year is his last, and it's hard to trade away picks for what amounts to a one year player.

I don't think we're going to the Superbowl with or without him, so I say give our younger guys playing time, pick up someone off FA and keep the draft for continued rebuilding.

Our "younger guys" can't stay healthy/on the field.