nobody is stopping you from cutting a check warren

Berkshire-Hathaway's tax returns under scrutiny

Tax examinations are common among large corporations and typically take years to resolve. Depending on the outcome of the examinations, Berkshire's report said, the company would owe as much as $1 billion more in taxes for the years 2002 through 2010.

When Warren said he wasn't paying enough taxes, evidently he was correct.

Edited by UConn James

• 3 months later...

WSJ | Will Buffett Avoid the Buffett Rule? : The sage of Omaha is already positioned to shield most of his rising wealth from such a tax.

Billionaire Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett is once again thrilling the political class by volunteering other people to pay higher taxes. Long-time observers recall his opposition to former President George W. Bush's efforts to reduce the tax rate on dividends. Since Berkshire pays no dividends, Mr. Buffett had little at stake but enjoyed the opportunity to pose as if he were a rich guy eager to cough up more dough to Washington.

In the current debate, President Obama is pushing the "Buffett Rule" to ensure that high-income earners pay higher tax rates. But even if it's enacted, don't expect the Buffett Rule to have much impact on Mr. Buffett. By an amazing coincidence, the sage of Omaha is already positioned to shield most of his rising wealth from such a tax.

Even if the "Buffet Rule" was enacted it will have a very small effect on the deficit.

Obama’s dumb “Buffett Rule” budget gimmick would reduce the deficit by around … four percent

What’s the saddest part of this?................ That The One is so desperate to demagogue Romney and the GOP as the party of the rich that he’d make a chump-change gambit like this the centerpiece of his budget agenda?

Or that liberals are pretending to be impressed? ...................................Good lord, I hope they’re pretending

The liberal outfit Citizens for Tax Justice expects $50 billion in new revenue from the Buffett Rule in year one. Other estimates peg the total take even lower. Remember, the feds spend north of $10 billion each day.

Republican lawmakers — noting the absence of real numbers — attacked the plan as a political charade, an attempt to score points in the November election instead of a serious policy to reduce federal debt. One outside analysis by the non-partisan Tax Foundation indicates the rule would generate another $36.7 billion a year in revenue — far from enough to make a serious dent in a national debt of $15 trillion.

It’s a smokescreen,” Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) told POLITICO. “Barack Obama just wants to pit one group against another so he can raise more money to spend on a bloated government.”…

On average, someone hauling in $1 million a year might have fork over another $50,000 to Uncle Sam. That’s a sizable tab for individuals but not a lot for the government, said David Logan, an economist at the Tax Foundation, a Washington, D.C. think tank.

“It’s an insignificant revenue gain,” he said. “I view it more as a political tool than anything else, because it doesn’t raise enough revenue to dent the deficit or the debt.”

Politico

I wish he would just hurry up and die. I'm so sick of hearing about his !@#$ing secretary and all his disingenuous grand standing.

And I wasn't impressed with his stupid stunt where he agreed to match additional contributions made by Republicans in congress. They weren't asking to have their or anyone else's taxes raised, so his point is contrived at best. Of course the double digit IQ segment of the left eats that **** up.

but....but..... and..... but!!!!!

Isn't she a shining example of of the impoverished by tax???

I knew something like this would finally come out... But I still bet PBO keeps the game going, and the campaign will be all about the have's, and have not's...

I wish he would just hurry up and die. I'm so sick of hearing about his !@#$ing secretary and all his disingenuous grand standing.

And I wasn't impressed with his stupid stunt where he agreed to match additional contributions made by Republicans in congress. They weren't asking to have their or anyone else's taxes raised, so his point is contrived at best. Of course the double digit IQ segment of the left eats that **** up.

It was major grandstanding at it's best... Sort of a PeeWee Herman sort of, "I know you are, so what am I?"

Unfortunately, I would actually trust PeeWee more than I would Buffet....

So there goes the fantasy about Buffett buying the Buffalo Bills... :angry:

So there goes the fantasy about Buffett buying the Buffalo Bills... :angry:

That would be a nightmare, not a fantasy. He would be as bad as Golisano with his demand for profits-over-product, and wouldn't give a flying crap about moving the team if he thought he could make more money elsewhere.

Buffett is nothing more than another Obama loving tax-dodging jackass. It's quite interesting how he complains about his tax rate while taking every single deduction, exemption and credit he can find to lower his tax burden, and is somehow magically set up to duck paying his "fair share" of taxes if the rule he proposed is enacted.

Just another two-faced liberal hypocrite.

No wonder the Keystone Pipeline got canned. Whod'a thunk that none other than Warren Buffet would profit from its cancellation. :doh:

Alaska pipeline, 800 miles long, some of the most nasty terrain on earth, 16 billion barrels since 1977-insignificant spills- but a below ground pipeline in pancake flat Nebraska is unsafe? Yeah lots of "best for me" in that decision.

• 1 month later...

Buffett millionaires' tax would raise $31 billion over 10 years

That's far less than the $1 trillion or more that would be lost from scrapping the alternative minimum tax, The AMT is also meant to be a minimum tax on the wealthy. Democrats have said that the Buffett tax could replace the AMT.

The Buffett tax would raise $30.7 billion from 2012 through 2022 if imposed on taxpayers earning more than $1 million, or $500,000 for married individuals filing separately, according to a March 19 memo from the Joint Committee on Taxation, a nonpartisan body that estimates tax changes for lawmakers.

Even if "the rich" were taxed at 100% it wouldn't put a :censored: dent in the annual budget deficit, nevermind put anything toward the national debt.

But still, it's just, "SOAK THE RICH!!!" from the left.